Videos Not Working on Certain Sites w/ MS Edge Browser

RedColoredStars

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't remember all of the sites this occurs on, but the official Nintendo site is one. Here for example:
https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/princess-peach-showtime-switch/

Does this happen to everyone else also?

If I try to play a trailer or gameplay video, it won't work without first disabling hardware acceleration in the Edge settings. It just gives the message: "Playback cannot continue. No available working or supported playlists." If I disable hardware acceleration the videos work, but then they play very choppy/buggy and scrolling on websites also becomes choppy.

Any ideas of a fix or work-around? I've already tried temporarily disabling my firewall, removing all extensions from Edge, disabling all security settings in Edge, tweaking various other settings in Edge, and also resetting all Edge settings to default. And yes, I know a work-around would to to use a different browser but I'm asking about a fix/workaround for Edge itself and to find out if it's just me or widespread. ;)

Clipboard_01-08-2024_01.jpg

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't remember all of the sites this occurs on, but the official Nintendo site is one. Here for example:
https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/princess-peach-showtime-switch/

If I try to play a trailer or gameplay video, it won't work without first disabling hardware acceleration in the Edge settings. It just gives the message: "Playback cannot continue. No available working or supported playlists." If I disable hardware acceleration the videos work, but then they play very choppy/buggy and scrolling on websites also becomes choppy.

Any ideas of a fix or work-around? I've already tried temporarily disabling my firewall, removing all extensions from Edge, disabling all security settings in Edge, tweaking various other settings in Edge, and also resetting all Edge settings to default. And yes, I know a work-around would to to use a different browser but I'm asking about a fix/workaround for Edge itself. ;)

View attachment 412775
Just use Mozilla Firefox instead. Less privacy invasive and its customizable to your own needs. Video seems to run fine with the default performance settings.

Reactions: BakerMan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto