Not open for further replies.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

…So it would seem. Above is a believable video from hasuky that demonstrates just that. Connect the PSGroove-enabled SIXAXIS controller, perform the familiar jailbreak steps, and continue using the same controller to navigate the XMB and play your games. Yessir, this hack keeps your controller fully functional. What else? The controller will apparently be updatable via PC. Tomorrow we can expect a tutorial and perhaps the necessary tools. I’m assuming controller modification(s) will be required. Too good to be true? Time will tell.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source (PS3-Hacks)

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fake until proven true. That's how I'm looking at everything PS3 hacks related from now on. Especially since the PSP emulator bricking incident yesterday, which I'm glad I wasn't a victim of. Plus, this guy modded his controller in some way (the button on the back of the controller). Whether or not that has anything to do with the actual jailbreak is unknown.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
girugamarc said:
Fake until proven true. That's how I'm looking at everything PS3 hacks related from now on. Especially since the PSP emulator bricking incident yesterday, which I'm glad I wasn't a victim of. Plus, this guy modded his controller in some way (the button on the back of the controller). Whether or not that has anything to do with the actual jailbreak is unknown.
He may well have modified his controller, but I don't think he ever claimed that this hack was possible without a controller mod. It may well require you to do that. Doesn't mean its fake. I see no way for it to be fake, there's nothing else in the USB slots, it starts normally without it in...

Only thing I noticed a little fishy was that when he booted the PS3 the second time (i.e. with controller connected) it didn't give the little warning thing about turning off the PS3 properly. Every other PSGroove/PSJailbreak/PSWhatever video I have seen has had that...or is that just because the makers of those videos never turned off the PS3 properly? (I always figured it was something to do with the exploit)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HAH, Sony can't disable first party controllers now, can they?!
They can block third party peripherals and disable USB ports, but if they can load the jailbreak on the SIXAXIS, they are SCREWED.

Also, I just noticed that sixaxis is a palindrome.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
girugamarc said:
He may well have modified his controller, but I don't think he ever claimed that this hack was possible without a controller mod. It may well require you to do that. Doesn't mean its fake. I see no way for it to be fake, there's nothing else in the USB slots, it starts normally without it in...

Only thing I noticed a little fishy was that when he booted the PS3 the second time (i.e. with controller connected) it didn't give the little warning thing about turning off the PS3 properly. Every other PSGroove/PSJailbreak/PSWhatever video I have seen has had that...or is that just because the makers of those videos never turned off the PS3 properly? (I always figured it was something to do with the exploit)
Pretty sure theres a setting to turn it off.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
HAH, Sony can't disable first party controllers now, can they?!
They can block third party peripherals and disable USB ports, but if they can load the jailbreak on the SIXAXIS, they are SCREWED.

Also, I just noticed that sixaxis is a palindrome.
Well this works through USB port still, so if they disabled USB ports (which I am 99% sure they won't ever do), it'd still stop working. But they could realistically disable USB ports during boot. Which would prevent this exploit working, even if they failed to fix it properly. But I guess it'd also mean that their official jig device would stop working.

As for the palindrome thing, that means its the same backwards right? If so, I noticed that long ago
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: