Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Video Games Live ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_Games_Live ) came to my city and I went to their concert yesterday.
yaynds.gif

It's something really silly if you think about it, an orchestra playing video game music.. eh? It's not a band playing their greatest songs, not a famous singer, it's just.. video game music.. you could just play the games to hear them.. well, that's what I thought.. but every person I know that went to the show in previous years told that the thing was good so I decided to see what the fuzz was all about.

I discovered that there's something really mystical and special about video game music, I can't explain it.. but for the whole time I kept smiling and feeling happy with the thing, maybe it's the nostalgia factor, remember about the games, maybe it's the fact that I was surrounded by hundreds of people like me.. I don't know why, but watching an orchestra perform the song from Green Hill Zone is something very special, I'm glad I was there
biggrin.gif

And I'm happy to see how big gaming culture is becoming, would never expect to see something like that 10 years ago. I wonder if when movies started they had this kind of thing
tongue.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, it's been a little dream of mine to attend one of their concerts, but I always seem to be too busy when they pass through here. Someday...
nyanya.gif

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself! Any vids or pics from the event?
happy.gif

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
[M said:
artin]
Ah, it's been a little dream of mine to attend one of their concerts, but I always seem to be too busy when they pass through here. Someday...
nyanya.gif

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself! Any vids or pics from the event?
happy.gif

I only have a camera in my cellphone, and it sucks, so I don't even try :/

BUT, I could already find a bunch of the videos from last night's the presentation on Youtube already!

I think the guy who was sitting next to me recorded that.. he kept a camera recording during the whole thing and it's the same angle..
tongue.gif

here's some more: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Would you believe it, they came to my city the weekend that I moved here to LA D: My friend had bought me a ticket and everything too! Sucks... I wish I could get the sheet music for the songs they play. (I play violin)

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
theyre here on the 29th. I can't go... it's a weekday... and also I'm going to two other concerts... DAMMIT I WANNA SEE IT!

edit: oh wait! theyre in a nearby city on a saturday in January! I might be able to see them!

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went there last year in Washington, DC, and I got Sid Meier's autograph. :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya