VGA/S-video cable question

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Issac, Sep 26, 2009.

Sep 26, 2009

VGA/S-video cable question by Issac at 5:49 PM (742 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Issac
    OP

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Hi all..
    My TV was 30 years old, and it died recently... it's so sad.
    And I don't have enough spare cash to get a new TV, sooo I was wondering if it was possible to use your computer monitor with wii for example.
    I am currently using my PS3 with it so that's all good, but it's just because it has HDMI...

I've searched around the net and found a cable:
    http://www.cableclub.com/product_info.php?...38db2eb0174be3a

It's a VGA to s-video or the yellow part of RCA....

would it be possible to just connect it from the wii via the RCA cables, inserting it to this cable, and then directly into the monitor (which has both VGA and DVI-D support)??

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    it will have no sound

3. Scorpei

Member Scorpei GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    That seems to me to be a cable made for a Matrox (G400) video card, but I'm not sure. If you want to use your Wii or other device on your monitor you'll probably have to shell out a little more for a component/composite to VGA/DVI box. If I remember correctly there are several old topics around here that also discussed some.

4. Issac
    OP

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I found out I had one of those cables at home, so I tested it and it didn't work... however, I found a cable for around $40 which WILL do the job... just don't know if it'll be worth it :/