vc snes wads fail to load

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mrpinkeye, Jun 2, 2012.

Jun 2, 2012

vc snes wads fail to load by mrpinkeye at 11:19 AM (700 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    iv transfered a lot of wads to my SD card. iv tryed several n64, genesis, wiiware and snes wads. the first three types all work but snes wads load black screen and crash the wii. the wiimote just blinks when pressed and i have to do a hard reset to get it back on. does anyone have any ideas whats up!?​
    ok, iv read quite a few posts now....looks like the general answer is "use an emulator!" which is kinda annoying as i just copyed loads of wads to my sd card and id asssumed that vc games were optimised for wii and gc controllers :(

2. Fazermint

Member Fazermint I like dem vidya gaimes

Norway
    Did the SNES wads run before you moved them onto the SD card? If they did, then you're probably missing a cIOS. I remember having to get an extra cIOS to be able to run any wads at all via the SD card... Sadly I don't remember which.

That aside, if everything but the SNES wads work, then emulation is actually a viable option. The Snes9x GX emulator is as good as perfect, so there's no need to worry about performance. You can map the GC controls however you want. Plus, not all great SNES games got a VC port (Yoshi's Island, just to mention one).

3. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Yes. Snes9xGx would be so a lot less of a hassle than the hideous unfiltered Snes VC games.

4. mrpinkeye
    OP

Member mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    ok, thanks guys. will emulate :)