ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamfreemanfullteaser580.jpg
QUOTE said:
According to Valve head Gabe Newell, a recent teaser image for the absurdly anticipated Half-Life 2: Episode 3 suggesting the game will be revealed during E3 is, quite simply, fake.

The image displayed the game’s iconic lambda symbol just above the words “Freeman 14th,” a reference to the game’s crowbar wielding protagonist Gordon Freeman and next week's E3 2010. When Newell was asked by Half-Life2.net if the teaser image was a fabrication or the real deal, Newell replied, “Fake" and even reiterated the E3 surprise “isn’t Ep 3.”

The teaser started circulating the internets last week a few days after Valve announced it had canceled its pre-E3 press conference, and replaced it with the always-enigmatic “surprise.” Gamers’ gut reaction to Valve’s big “surprise” cancelation was that it might suggest Valve was finally ready to grant us all our wishes, and reveal Episode 3, along with whatever Portal 2-related announcements Valve had previously confirmed, during E3.

While I’m still not counting out any Episode 3 reveals during E3 (mainly because I just don't want to face the reality of the situation), it appears Valve has every intention of keep the game under lock and key until the absolute last minute. Fortunately, we've all had a lot of practice waiting, so that should help ease the pain a little...very, very little.
Source

QUOTE said:
Well there has been more than enough evidence against the legitimacy of the "Freeman 14th" picture which found its way into the rumour mill this week. Gabe said the surprise isn't Episode 3 & the history of the document shows a lot of tampering.

Further confirmation from Gabe Newell to our staff writer DigiQ8 has hopefully put to bed any further doubt. However we do still do look forward to the Portal 2 related surprise!
Original Source

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No its not Episode 3...its Half Life 3. Before you start, yes they did say that Episodes 1 to 3 are Half Life 3 to them, they're still not called Half Life 3.
wink.gif

Nah I don't think there'll be any more Half Life games after Episode 3, maybe perhaps there'll be more episodes where you're not Gordon Freeman and you're going through the events via another person like with the first game but the Freeman story will probably end there.

Team Fortress MMO.
mellow.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend and I were talking about it and he said "Hell, maybe it's just Half Life 3". For all we know, it could be. I know they've said "we're counting the HL2 episodes as HL3", but you never know.

If anything I hope it's a new original project. Valve's new projects time and time again have proven to be awesome. Otherwise Left 4 Dead 3 would be nice.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
steam for linux?

I could be completely wrong, but I thought that they were planning a release for a summer of some year. Something like that. Planning, anyway xP.

That would be a terrible e3 surprise, though, given the amount of linux users.

popoffka

Trophies
Website
popoffka.ru
XP
Country
I hope it will be either Portal 2, Steam & Source for Linux or some new game, because I am not actually fan of HL and L4D series, and some new crazy update with 9000 new hats for TF2 will be just ridicoulous.

Pimpmynintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/