Valve working on “secret” TF2 project

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regardless, I have never had a ton of interest in the game, but ever since hats hats hats I've lost even more interest. Achievements are one thing. You can't make or trade achievements. But half the purpose of the game has turned to trading hats. Ffs.
I'm sorry but what?
How has The game become centered around hats? Or trading in general?
If I do any trading at all I do it when not in game. I mean there Is an option to disable random trade requests in game. and it's not like people will go "NO HATS? KICK HIM FROM THIS SERVER"
Yeah, I've gotten kicked from a few servers because either I was wearing my lucky Spiral Saliet or I wasn't wear any hats. You are also aware there's like a thousand dollar market for hat trading also right?

There's a mult-miillion dollar market for gold in most any MMO, doesn't mean MMOs are all about selling gold. Derpderp.

TF2 has a bunch of hats, so what? It's also got a fucking TON to do, and these days is free. There's tons of weapons for every character to get and use. Who cares if there's also a bunch of visual items as well?
Are people seriously this retarded that the hats are the sole reason for not playing?

Btw, i'll tell you a secret about servers that kick people for hat reasons:
They fucking suck, blacklist it and move on. There's hundreds of other servers out there, and many are actually good.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regardless, I have never had a ton of interest in the game, but ever since hats hats hats I've lost even more interest. Achievements are one thing. You can't make or trade achievements. But half the purpose of the game has turned to trading hats. Ffs.
I'm sorry but what?
If I do any trading at all I do it when not in game. I mean there Is an option to disable random trade requests in game. and it's not like people will go "NO HATS? KICK HIM FROM THIS SERVER"
Yeah, I've gotten kicked from a few servers because either I was wearing my lucky Spiral Saliet or I wasn't wear any hats. You are also aware there's like a thousand dollar market for hat trading also right?

There's a mult-miillion dollar market for gold in most any MMO, doesn't mean MMOs are all about selling gold. Derpderp.

TF2 has a bunch of hats, so what? It's also got a fucking TON to do, and these days is free. There's tons of weapons for every character to get and use. Who cares if there's also a bunch of visual items as well?
Are people seriously this retarded that the hats are the sole reason for not playing?

Btw, i'll tell you a secret about servers that kick people for hat reasons:
They fucking suck, blacklist it and move on. There's hundreds of other servers out there, and many are actually good.
I'm not saying that's all the game is about I'm just saying that people judge a lot based on hats, I was a & F2P and then I got the game and I still liked my "noob" hats. Plus, usually in MMOs there's only a multi Million market because its all based on in game currency being bought by other means of payment, in TF2 most hats that are worth anything are event items (MAC earbuds) but I digress. My point is simply that while hats aren't the whole gane there's a large community who bases their status and position in the community. On hats.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-demopan-tf2thenandnow.jpg

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling the Meet the Pyro video is just going to troll us on if it is a male/female.
(even though it is scouts mom)

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but what?
I don't know what server you're talking about, but are you Free to Play? Because there are some servers (albeit they're normally trade servers) that kick F2Pers since they can't trade anyway.
Also, don't see how the value of hats can be a counter argument for what I said. Sure people like them/Really love them, but 90% of the time people really don't give a shit what hat you're wearing.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but what?
I don't know what server you're talking about, but are you Free to Play? Because there are some servers (albeit they're normally trade servers) that kick F2Pers since they can't trade anyway.
Also, don't see how the value of hats can be a counter argument for what I said. Sure people like them/Really love them, but 90% of the time people really don't give a shit what hat you're wearing.

Not in my experiences, when I was F2P I would get kicked left and right on non-clan servers (in fact usually the only non-clans I could get into were run by F2Ps and can assure you I have never even attempted to join a Trade server in my playtime.) and I cant count how many times I was skipped over by medics or unassisted by fellow engineers because either I had my gibus or salliet. Trust me. The second I stopped wearing them I got more help when needed. I'm not saying the WHOLE community is like that. But in my experience quite a few do judge by hats.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry but what?

Not in my experiences, when I was F2P I would get kicked left and right on non-clan servers (in fact usually the only non-clans I could get into were run by F2Ps and can assure you I have never even attempted to join a Trade server in my playtime.) and I cant count how many times I was skipped over by medics or unassisted by fellow engineers because either I had my gibus or salliet. Trust me. The second I stopped wearing them I got more help when needed. I'm not saying the WHOLE community is like that. But in my experience quite a few do judge by hats.
I see.
If you ask me those are terrible servers and should be blacklisted immediately.
Most of my friends are F2P and on the servers we go to they generally weren't treated like this.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see f2p people get kicked all the time on servers, usually asking for free stuff (because they cant trade, only receive)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I play medic and I judge people by their hats and strange kills, then I heal them.
If you're serious then I hope to never play with you.
Question (and I mean no harm by it), why the hell are you so defensive about TF2? You'd actually be surprised at how many people actually only play for the hats, whether its F2P or those who payed.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
I play medic and I judge people by their hats and strange kills, then I heal them.
If you're serious then I hope to never play with you.
Question (and I mean no harm by it), why the hell are you so defensive about TF2? You'd actually be surprised at how many people actually only play for the hats, whether its F2P or those who payed.
I never really saw myself as over defensive over TF2, but I guess it's just because I'm one of the few who honestly don't care about hats all that much. Sure, they're nice to have (I've got quite the collection), but the things about it I love are the art style, humor and perhaps balance (although granted they need to nerf/buff some things like the Enforcer and tomislav which are thankfully already being nerfed in the beta).
So it just bugs me when I see somebody go "Hats ruined TF2" when it really hasn't, or somebody say they'll only assist somebody if they have a nice hat.
It's called Team Fortress for a reason.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7