Gaming Using Windows 7 or Vista Drivers in XP

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
So I have this laptop.

It came with Windows 7.

I cannot run some software that I *need* to run on anything newer than XP, so I set up a dual-boot. I cannot find all the drivers for XP. I would virtualize, but it also requires full access to real hardware (particularly for complex networking).

(for any of you doing FIRST Robotics, LabView hates certain AMD systems with 64-Bit OS, so it requires a 32-Bit OS and XP is its favorite)

I lack the Graphics, Networking (Wired), and Sound drivers. I can get the Vista/7 drivers from Toshiba's website, but it is not available for XP. I don't need the Catalyst Control Center or anything, but I do need a decent graphics driver that can do some things decently well.

It is a Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7052

Any help would be appreciated!

-Egg

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I don't believe you can get Vista/7 drivers working on XP due to the difference in NT version (Vista was NT 4.0 IIRC, 7 was 4.1 6.0, 7 is 6.1). For graphics it's easy - get them from the AMD website (if you've got AMD/ATI graphics). They may automatically pack CCC with it, but you can disable CCC if you don't want it.

Networking depends on the ethernet controller. Look up the make/model, then look up the website. Sound is sometimes the trickiest to get working, but the chipset drivers should have them (use CPU-Z to find the chipset for your motherboard, then go to the website).

EDIT: Corrected. I did not recall correctly.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe you can get Vista/7 drivers working on XP due to the difference in NT version (Vista was NT 4.0 IIRC, 7 was 4.1). For graphics it's easy - get them from the AMD website (if you've got AMD/ATI graphics). They may automatically pack CCC with it, but you can disable CCC if you don't want it.

Networking depends on the ethernet controller. Look up the make/model, then look up the website. Sound is sometimes the trickiest to get working, but the chipset drivers should have them (use CPU-Z to find the chipset for your motherboard, then go to the website).
Last time I checked Windows 7 didn't come out in 1996 :lol: Vista is 6.0 and 7 is 6.1.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe you can get Vista/7 drivers working on XP due to the difference in NT version (Vista was NT 4.0 IIRC, 7 was 4.1). For graphics it's easy - get them from the AMD website (if you've got AMD/ATI graphics). They may automatically pack CCC with it, but you can disable CCC if you don't want it.

XP is 5.1, Vista is 6.0, 7 is 6.1.

AMD website says something to the effect of "we're too lazy to support your drivers, check your computer manufacturer" for laptop video cards (at least this series).

Found the ethernet one, just had to get it straight from Realtek.

Toshiba doesn't have any drivers officially available for XP and I can't seem to find anything for the chipset for XP. Only Vista/7. I can't seem to find the sound driver anywhere separately either. Windows Update found nothing.

I found an old beta CCC driver pack for this series of card, I'm DLing now. It is supposed to support this card and XP. Hopefully it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay