Homebrew Discussion using RCM on newer switches (is it possible?)

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I bought one of the newer switches that came out in 2018 and it came with a patched tegra chip and on version 5.0. The thing is though is that I can still boot into RCM I just can't use it for anything. Do you think if the right update comes for tegra RCM injection tool it will be possible to use payloads on newer switch models?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi I bought one of the newer switches that came out in 2018 and it came with a patched tegra chip and on version 5.0. The thing is though is that I can still boot into RCM I just can't use it for anything. Do you think if the right update comes for tegra RCM injection tool it will be possible to use payloads on newer switch models?
There could be more exploitable bugs in RCM mode, but probably not.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres 2 ways
A. Find another RCM exploit
B. Break into nvidia, steal the private key, sign your payload with it, and then run the payload

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok thanks but do you know if there are any software exploits for the switch on 6.20
6.1.0 and below is getting basic homebrew really soon, but nothing for 6.2.0

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,

LinusRG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thankyou i will try to keep my switch on 6.1/6.0 then not sure what i have at the moment can you even play games though without having the latest firmware update?

Tobberoth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can play most games without the latest firmware, but it will get harder with time. Newer games like Smash already require 6.2 (at the least updates) to run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1