TheRobman88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

I got the Nintendont GameCube emulator, I tried to load super smash bros melee on it & it couldn’t detect the game.

is there any reason why that is?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Has the iso the correct name?

Also, remember that it's:
root:games/Folder with the game's ID or other name/game.iso

Dropping the iso on just the games folder isn't enough.

Reactions: Alexander1970

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has the iso the correct name?

Also, remember that it's:
root:games/Folder with the game's ID or other name/game.iso

Dropping the iso on just the games folder isn't enough.
Gonna give this one a native English rewrite:

You need to put your .iso file in /games/[any name]/game.iso. You don't need the game's ID or anything like that, and I would recommend just using the game's name for simplicity's sake. If the game comes on two discs, disc 2 needs to be named disc2.iso.

Also, Nintendont isn't really an emulator. It can do some cool emulation stuff, but at its core, it's a forwards compatibility patcher to make GCN games run on Wii architecture. It's not Dolphin.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Gonna give this one a native English rewrite:

You need to put your .iso file in /games/[any name]/game.iso. You don't need the game's ID or anything like that, and I would recommend just using the game's name for simplicity's sake. If the game comes on two discs, disc 2 needs to be named disc2.iso.

Also, Nintendont isn't really an emulator. It can do some cool emulation stuff, but at its core, it's a forwards compatibility patcher to make GCN games run on Wii architecture. It's not Dolphin.
I would like to see Nintendont ported to Wii U mode and made to render games at a higher resolution though. Such normally emulator-exclusive features should be possible with the extra power. Hi res textures might even be possible.
That would be the ultimate way to play GC games (and could maybe even be made to work with Wii games, finally adding support for non-standard controllers to Wii games would be nice)
These days I hardly ever play GC/Wii games on original hardware because the games just look so much better at a higher resolution. But Dolphin still isn't perfect.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc