Using Gateway on A9LH V2

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Cosmic_Link, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I'm surprised still no one made this.

Here's a file that should (if it works, and though I'd say it does, don't hold me responsible if you brick by using this) load the Gateway a9lh file named "gateway.bin" in /luma/payloads/.
    So just call that something like "down_v2gw.bin" or something, then put it in /luma/payloads/, put GW's a9lh file in /luma/payloads/ too and name it "gateway.bin" and you should be able to run GW with Luma by holding down at boot without having to use another boot manager.

I only tested this on my 2DS though, and I only tested normal boot (I didn't try to go to System Settings or booting a GBA game and stuff).

Attached Files:

Last edited by Hayleia, Jun 20, 2016
  2. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Wait, wait, a second. Someone made a compatible v2 GW a9lh.bin?

3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Erm, if you're talking about me, then no :P
    I made a very stripped down boot manager that only loads /luma/payloads/gateway.bin (so you still need GW's bin). But it should run it correctly and doesn't need any configuration file.
    So if you put it in /luma/payloads/ with the name you want, you should be able to run Gateway without any hassle (if it works as intended).

leonmagnus99 likes this.
  4. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
    OHH! I misread your post, as I am replying and all over the place. Being a dumby right now. But I see what it does now. I'll test it in a bit then.

Hayleia likes this.
  5. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
    It works~! Used an N3DS with Luma3DS with v2 A9LH (Set this up today ^_^), and did as instructed. So in my case I held DPAD-Down, and it booted GW Mode. I launched a romhack of Omega Ruby and everything seems to be working fine. Though I think GBA and the rest of the stuff will still be broken on a SysNAND only setup. Used Launcher.dat 4.0a

Hayleia likes this.
  6. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Thanks for testing :)
    I'd test it on my other setups but I don't have them with me at the moment...

7. Neo Draven

Neo Draven End Boss of the Entire Internet

May 3, 2010
    United States
    I am a bit confused. So, this file is still named armloader9hax.bin. Do I use this to replace the one I currently have on the root of my SD card? I already renamed the Gateway one I downloaded directly from their site to Down_GW.bin and that is in the Luma/payloads folder.

I have to be missing some simple step here.

8. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
    You rename Hayleia's a9lh.bin file to something like "down_v2gw.bin" and put it inside the /luma/payloads/ folder.
    You then take your GW a9lh.bin file, and rename it to gateway.bin.

From my understanding, Hayleia's a9lh.bin file is a stripped down boot manager that loads only loads /luma/payloads/gateway.bin - It won't do anything else if doesn't find this file.

It probably has the necessary patches to initialize GW's A9LH.bin payload, which BootCTR9 is able to do correctly.

Neo Draven likes this.
  9. Neo Draven

May 3, 2010
    United States
    Where do I put the Gateway.bin? The root of my SD? That must be the step I've been missing.|

EDIT: Nevermind. It was supposed to go into the Luma/payloads folder.

Folks, this method WORKS! It's the first thing that has actually done the trick, and the only method I have seen outside of BootCTR that does it.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by Neo Draven, Jun 21, 2016
  10. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
    I'm sorry. I thought I was being clear. You must place it in the /luma/payloads/ - Hayleia explained this in his//her original post. I am just rephrasing what he//she said.

Neo Draven likes this.
  11. Neo Draven

May 3, 2010
    United States
    This deserves its own post. Seriously.

AlucardjX likes this.
  12. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
  13. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    No, I don't mind at all, thanks for writing a clear tutorial :)
    I just posted it in the middle of the topic first so that people can test it (since I couldn't at the time) before releasing for real but yeah, a real post about it is probably better.

WiiHoney likes this.
  14. srwgin

srwgin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 13, 2013
    China
    it works well
    thank you

15. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    many thanks, this is perfect!

Hayleia likes this.
  16. Emenaria

Emenaria GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2015
    Japan
    It works like a charm(tested on N3DS/O3DS). I was sticking with A9LH v1 because personally I preferred using Luma3DS' built-in bootloader, so this motivated me to finally update to A9LH v2. Thank you for making this.

Last edited by Emenaria, Jun 22, 2016
  17. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Anyone know where I can find the 2.1.0J(Full).zip file? its not on that iso site, and I cant find it anywhere, if someone could PM me that would be great :)

18. Temptress Cerise

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Not sure what this has to do with this thread. But anywho. It should be on Plailect's A9LH Guide. Part 4.
    Link: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)

19. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
  20. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Hi Is there a way to set the L option to not have any effect? Or to have L be the same as a normal Boot into luma sys? so either w/ or w/o the L I can still get into normal LumaSysnand?