Hacking User Thinking.... (what wii need?)

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, i have think some about what wii need , what hack can be added to the big wii list?
for me the glorious wii need:

1 New Super Mario Bros MOD for enable Gc controller, lot of mod are maked for that mario games, but no-one coder/hacker have try to add this kind of controller. I know it is possible via wimote to gcController adapter, is better do it for gc port. (another games can be edit for gc controller, and that can be AMAZING)

2 Add to CIOS the "in games screenshot features": like DM can do, wii games need this features or via gc controller key or via wiiremote key combo.

3 System menu replacing: try to mod system menu for real nand or emunand (sneek/neek), for make it more faster and simple, text based menu is the best way for me, (Crediar do a project like this with strange name, but i haven't ear news about that)

4 Add ftp server on Homebrew channel (ntfs dol loading can be possible?)

5 Add webui via wifi : like freestyledash features on xbox360, webui on pc broswer need to show some info about wii function and store ERROR log like usbgecko.

6 New version or mod of Diosmios usb: diosmios can launch lot of games, but have random freeze sometimes, why nobody try to mod it? crediar can't do ALL the works alone (iam not a coder, but i think more people can do better work).

7 EMULATOR neogeo big roms support. continue DS emulator , continue saturn emulator....

8 Virtualize wiimote with pc+bluetooth (a pc program for send to wii a wiimote+classicController commands), that program can be used a REALWIIMOTE like interface or use only usbBT dongle for "virtualize" a wiimote. This program after virtualize wiimote can be used with lot of different pad and keyboard+mouse. Lot of program are maked for connect wiimote to pc, but no one have try to use pc like wiimote to send input from pc to wii.

THIS IS ONLY USER SHIT, i love wii homebrew and i say LOT OF THANKS to all people had spend lot of time around wii homebrew world!
I know some of my idea is stupid or maybe impossible... GbatempCommunity what u think about that??

Please noflame... iam user. i use console from atari2600, i have see the born of internet and 3d pc. I only think that: why i can't do it with my wii.. just it..

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 dunno what the limitations are here
2 dunno what the limitations are here either
3 it's been done. You can use priiloader to load anything you want on boot. postloader has been designed as a loader/system menu replacement. Most loaders (wiiflow, usbloader gx) have nand channel loading support too, so they'd also be good system menu replacements. No homebrew can change your wifi settings or let you sync a wiimote to the console, so there will always been a need for the official system menu
4 Wiiload (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiiload) is the best you're gonna get for loading dols over the network. It's up to the apps themselves to have network support for things like loading files.
5 The wii is a single process system. A webui via wifi would have to be a standalone app. You'd have to run it every time you wanted to use the webui, so there's no point.
6 DIOS MIOS is as good as it's gonna get. That's why crediar has moved on to nintendont. The main issue is the ram limitations you have in gamecube mode.
7 NeoGeo probably doesn't support big roms due to a lack of RAM. The wii isn't the most powerful box in the world, you're asking a lot of it for it to run DS and saturn games.
8 This isn't a wii side thing but rather a PC side thing. I don't think the interest is there

You've got to understand that there are reasons that you can't do these things on your wii. A lot of them are hardware limitations of the console, but then it comes down to free time of the people talented enough to pull it off. None of these suggestions are really novel ideas.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Mostly, I'd just have to say ^this

but a few added comments

4 - There's also the option of WiiXplorer which can read off of a SMB share on a computer IIRC (never tried it, though) and WiiXplorer can run DOL's directly. WiiXplorer (and a few others like WiiFlow, FTPii, and WiiFTPD) have a FTP server that can let you send and access files ON the Wii FROM a PC. They don't allow you to directly run a DOL file in one step, though.

7 -
- Well, NOT64 was able to get some large ROM files running by creating a sort of pagefile on NAND for them. I would assume with neogeo this coiuld be done as well. NOT64 is open sourced and I'd assume that includes the NAND pagefile code.
- For DS, it would take a lot of work but the Wii does have the advantage that the IOS runs on an ARM CPU (DS runs on ARM as well) so it would theoretically be possible to speed emulation up by running a lot of the code on there. This would require, though, a port of something like DraStic (closed source) or a complete rewrite of the emulator (maybe only loosely based on existing open sourced emus) so, like I said, a LOT of work.
- as for Saturn, haven't tried the existing emu but I understand it's slow. Just comparing to emus for other consoles of the same generation (N64, PSX) I'd guess it to be something that MIGHT work with a LOT of effort put into it ... don't know enough to say for sure so I'll leave that one at "maybe"

naxil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thank u for answer me!

rooskie54 wii are single process system, but dm (and u say lot of limitation for it) can make IN GAME SCREENSHOT!
I think ios can do it or not?

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank u for answer me!

rooskie54 wii are single process system, but dm (and u say lot of limitation for it) can make IN GAME SCREENSHOT!
I think ios can do it or not?

I'm not familiar enough with IOS to fully answer this, but in game screenshots is the easiest of your ideas. The code would be in the cIOS, which is always used to run the game. That gets around needing a second running process. It'd have to watch for a certain button combination that's not used in any/most games, but that's not a big issue either. I know DIOS MIOS can do it, and if DIOS MIOS can pull it off then I would think a cIOS could pull it off too. I'm just not sure.

Like I said, I really don't know what the limitations are there. My gut says it's possible, but I really don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1