Hacking Use IOS247 for Backuplauncher 0.3

  • Thread starter Thread starter WiiPower
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 66,649
  • Replies Replies 345
how can i install the cIOS on 247 without wifi?? can someone post the link to the 000....folder that goes on the root of the SD?plz
 
harryk said:
abel09 said:
how can i install the cIOS on 247 without wifi?? can someone post the link to the 000....folder that goes on the root of the SD?plz

It's inside djtaz' package: http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiBackupv0.3b.zip

yeah - the files are there - that link was offline for a little bit while i re-uploaded it - have the How To in HTML now to makeit easier to read
 
could someone plz up a rar or all the files necessary to get both loaders to run? my apologies but im an noob.
 
Thanks for the thread.... I was holding off on installing v.3 because I had heard about the potential compatibility issues. Had no problem following the instructions in djtaz's zip file (for adding and installing v.3 as IOS247). Worked on the first try. I now just have one question...... Since wiigator is updating the cios should we just reinstall it all, so that IOS247 points to the v.1 and and IOS249 points to the v.3? So we can update as soon as wiigator patches either, rather than having to get ahold of the source, adjust it, and recompiling it?

-=Phylos=-
 
did this

1. uninstall DVDx, if DVDx lets you do it
2. uninstall IOS247 and IOS249 if they exist
3. install cios_fix (this will install to position 249 automatically)
4. install DVDx to IOS249
5. install "IOS247"
6. Get a standard 0.1 loader(the leaked one for example)
7. Get a modified 0.3 loader which uses the IOS at position 247

so far the 0.1 loader stalls at lauching game .dl pack from the ;inl pi wii provided last page. anyone got any ideas?
 
wiigee said:
BIG MOE said:
wiigee said:
djtaz said:
haha - already online
and im getting the updated one as we speak - ill over write the old one once i have the new one.



http://www.iol.ie/~taz/WiiGeeLoader.wad Thanks again


no thanks required , i only injected wiipowers dol into WiiShizzza's wad...they deserve all the credit and thanks

you made the effort to do it , so you deserve the thanks too buddy and thanks to djtaz for the upload help
grog.gif
by the way is this the channel for 0.3 auto boot with nothing enforce or backup launcher 0.1 or any of it that run with ios247 ??


big moe

it is for 0.3 with nothing forced, if you would like me to modify it to use a particular forced one, let me know the post number with the dol you would like it to run i can certainly create another wad just for you

oh thanks man very nice of you , but I already got it
nyanya.gif
I just thought you had it in that's all and thanks again
yaypsp.gif
 
The current IOS247 Backup Launcher autoloader with Force NTSC works but without the force NTSC option (this is the current uploaded pack with all of the IOS247 releses). If possible, could someone modify the code to do so. I would do it myself but Devkit does not like me very much.
 
QUOTE said:
wiigii : your more than welcome, it was a pleasure to finally do something, even if it was so minimal, i just wish i knew more....i have only been lurking for a few weeks since picking a wii up for my boy for xmas......

there are some great guys here who do great work and my hat goes off to them

and you are one of these guys wiigee , happy holidays to you and to your boy and happy gaming
yaypsp.gif
 
Phylos said:
Thanks for the thread.... I was holding off on installing v.3 because I had heard about the potential compatibility issues. Had no problem following the instructions in djtaz's zip file (for adding and installing v.3 as IOS247). Worked on the first try. I now just have one question...... Since wiigator is updating the cios should we just reinstall it all, so that IOS247 points to the v.1 and and IOS249 points to the v.3? So we can update as soon as wiigator patches either, rather than having to get ahold of the source, adjust it, and recompiling it?

-=Phylos=-

Thats what i did
biggrin.gif

I have re-installed the V0.3 first as normal and then installed cIOS247 and installed DVDx and pointed it ot cIOS247 and then used loader v0.1 from that - installing the channel wad WiiGee sent me works now for loading the v0.1 loader and i have a normal wad for 0.3 loader.

I think its easier that way.and no messing about with future loaders.
 
@djtaz: I'm trying to install 0.1 to work with 0.3 (without any success) but something just came to my mind...I installed your "safe update 3.3" but I have a PAL wii...am i fudged? It still shows 3.2E on the Wii System Menu, so I guess it did nothing...

Anyway, the 0.1 loader doesn't seem to work, I uninstalled 0.3 loader and the various cios I installed and did your procedure from scratch but the 0.1 loader still code dumps...any way to fix this?
 
ClaKK said:
Anyway, the 0.1 loader doesn't seem to work, I uninstalled 0.3 loader and the various cios I installed and did your procedure from scratch but the 0.1 loader still code dumps...any way to fix this?
Same here, using djtag's instructions and package
wacko.gif

I'm a little bit confused: which is the best working solution right now ?
 
This may help some of you that are having trouble...

As of yesterday, djtaz's zip did not contain the updated cIOS and Back-up Launcher dol for use with the method given.

Go to the first page of this thread and download the modified versions that are found about midway down the page, replace the corresponding files in the zip and then use the install instructions.

Also, as I said earlier in this thread, "IOS 247" in quotes refers to the modified 0.3 cIOS not the original 0.1 cIOS which was originally located there.
 
I downloaded it from djtaz signature this morning, so I don't think this is my problem...here's what I did in detail:

Had the 0.3 loader installed
used wiigator installer ios247
uninstalled dvdx then installed it with advanced -> ios247
loaded the backuplauncher0.1.dol: code dump
installed WiiGeeLoaderios247-2channelsatonce.wad: loads the 0.3 loader
uninstalled everything: cios 247 & 249, dvdx, various loader channels

updated to 3.3 with safe update (i don't think it did anything, i'm still on 3.2E)
used cios installer
installed 0.1 loader channel, weegee's channel and 0.3 (by the way, I preferred the old start music
biggrin.gif
)
used wiigator installer ios247
installed dvdx advanced ios 247
same as before: weegee's loads 0.3, the .dol code dumps, the 0.1 channel code dumps.

Damnit.

EDIT: I don't know why, but the 0.1 channel WORKS: anyway it loads games as if it would be the 0.3, because they're not laggy and loads even 1:1 backups...is this normal?
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted