Hacking USBLoader with Game Images

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm downloading Kosaic latest ntsc covers and will post with results.

Edit: So now some images that didn't load loaded but other didn't

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a "noimage.png" I made, if anyone is interested.

noimage.png

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kosaic said:
bula said:
Kosaic said:
** NEW DOWNLOADS **

Ok,

So here is the FULL Package to date, Updated for those first time downloaders ... 364 Cover Images, resized and named with Game ID's
364 NTSC Cover Images - Full Package to date - 25MB

Here is the incremental package for those who already downloaded the others in my other posts....
74 Additional NTSC Covers .... - 5MB

I'm noticing that as I troll through all of my images, I'm doing some of them twice, or 3 times.... when you paste the "74 package" from above for example, I'm certain there will be duplicates, just overwrite what you ahd before ... no worries there. (or skip them) Comes with the manual nature that these have to be done in.

Thanks,
Kosaic

Hi KoSai,

I made three covers that are not in your package (vacation sports, nerf n strike and spiderman 3 (pal)) and they would not show up. How do you size them? I am assuming has something to do with sizing. Pictures attributes are 160 x 225. Thank you.

bula

The files MUST BE 160x225 ... and saved in the format: [gameID].png .... I didnt do ANY pal ones yet, and now look like we wont have too. I'm still working on covers for NTSC (got another 20 done so far this morning, bringing the total upto 384)

My NTSC pack will work everywhere, once the appropriate code is done. The ONLY difference in images is as follows: (for example)
RZDE01 The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (USA)
RZDJ01 The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (JP)
RZDP01 The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (EU)

E = USA
J = JAPAN
P = Europe

We can add the code into the final loaders, and this single image pack I'm working on will be fine.

For those who havent reaed the ENTIRE thread, once I'm as complete as I can be, I will take requests for any games I may have missed !
Tanks for your response. The way I did it I shrank picture, name them(I know name is good , they show in wbsf_tool and change the attributes in paint to 160x225 and they do not show up. How do you change pictures to 160x225?

usptactical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
56killer said:
Could anyone tell me why won't all the covers for my games show. I know I have them and name right but they won't load instead it display the noimage cover.

Possibly the extension at the end , but without the details of the names its hard to tell.
If they are called R7CJ01.png they may work but called R7CJ01.PNG they wont due to uppercase PNG at the end

Its one reason the names wont work , but there are others like the dimensions being 161 or 159 instead of 160 x 226
Upload one or 2 and someone can check for you.

Just an FYI, I did notice that if I resized in MSPaint they sometimes wouldn't show up. When I resized in Photoshop they worked. Maybe MS isn't using a standard .png format?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bula said:
Tanks for your response. The way I did it I shrank picture, name them(I know name is good , they show in wbsf_tool and change the attributes in paint to 160x225 and they do not show up. How do you change pictures to 160x225?
I think they need to be 160x226 not 225 - i had a problem like that and changing the size in photoshop fixed it for me

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
djtaz said:
bula said:
I think they need to be 160x226 not 225 - i had a problem like that and changing the size in photoshop fixed it for me

well, they can be any size really, and this GUI was designed for 160x225 is my understanding ... They all work fine for me !

Posts merged

QUOTE(56killer @ Apr 8 2009, 11:29 AM)
I'm downloading Kosaic latest ntsc covers and will post with results.

Edit: So now some images that didn't load loaded but other didn't

Huh?
smile.gif

pretty vague ... I cant help with this level of detail ....

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tom35 said:
Kosaic said:
tom35 said:
Is anyone looking into adding NTFS support instead of using this stupid proprietary WBFS file system?

Read, read, and read ... this has been discussed 1,000 times around the forum.

If you dont like WBFS, your free not to use it
smile.gif

I'm sure other file format will surface at some point.

I know that Waninkoko did not add NTFS support due to him not liking the File System so him and Kwiirk came up with this rediculous WBFS.
I was just asking if someone in this thread was looking to add it as it looks like everyone here is enthusiastic about about getting one loader that does it all, and figured it was not just me that found it silly that everyone is accepting this WBFS format.
But since you want to hit me with the Read, read, and read, I will not bother you and just let you all go back to working with this stupid proprietary File System.
Have a good day.

you obviously know nothing about which you speak about dude, for a start only reason you want NTFS is because your a windows noob

2nd of all its a fail of a file system. if anything Ext4 and even probably a non-journaling HFS+ would suffice alot better than the stupid, retarded windows FS.

maddoc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:

Use IrfanView it's free and nice.

@Kosaic: I changed the 4th letter in your release from E to P.

Here is Kosaic's pack updated to PAL:
http://ul.to/aekk17
http://rapidshare.com/files/218910439/Full...ers_v2.rar.html
MD5: B846CA39BD115FF4B15EA3E89F8F9E04

Here is Kosaic's NTSC pack mirrored (don't think there is need anymore, but more locations are convenient):
http://ul.to/vxjhhm
http://rapidshare.com/files/218920807/Full...e_Covers_v2.rar

Edit: updated download link, now doesn't expire!

usptactical

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
bula said:

There's no actual size limit in the code. You can certainly make them smaller or larger and they should display.

col55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi has anybody compliled a .dol for the loader with use any image from any region code init yet would be very greatful if some could upload.thanks

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok I found what was the problem. I use for my pal games the images from the nintendo site and they are some kb smaller than the ones in the kosaic pack because I only change the extension from jpeg to png not the format on photoshop.. So I rename the ntsc equivalent covers to pal and they are working.
Thank You All.
rolleyes.gif

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
bula said:

paint wont write a proper .png file you need photoshop or somehting like that both 160x225 and 160x226

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yoitsme said:
Can someone compile a Child proof version of this loader?

Read this ENTIRE thread .... It's coming.

Posts merged

blk133 said:
Jeomite said:
QUOTE(yoitsme @ Apr 8 2009, 07:52 AM) Can someone compile a Child proof version of this loader?

And in a WAD too, please?
unsure.gif

+1

OMG ... People, READ THIS ENTIRE THREAD ... stop begging ... First things first, a .dol version with all the features.

MightyMouse

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why do people constantly ask for .wads lol

wadder makes them for you straight away, just give it the images and .dol and let it do it thing.

cluttering up the thread for .wad requests every time a new recompile is done

just wait for tactical, neorame and the others to finish there final draft man..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex