Hacking USBLoader with Game Images

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Way off-topic, but here we go...

WBFS stands for Wii Backup File System. It's a File System that understands the way data is placed within Wii DVDs. That way, it's possible to throw away all useless data and keep only the game. That's why we get games at

starlightpress

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helpme said:
QUOTE said:
This version has the in game SD card access bug again

Also the backround doesn't show up for me

Reposting because of new page

i cant get the background image to load on any of them on the front page

can someone make the nIxx's version with the background image built into the dol please

I had the same problem. Placed the background.png in the same directory as the boot.dol and it seemed to load fine. Now if someone made a working forwarder, I'll be a happy guy.

tom35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
--JoCa-- said:
Way off-topic, but here we go...

WBFS stands for Wii Backup File System. It's a File System that understands the way data is placed within Wii DVDs. That way, it's possible to throw away all useless data and keep only the game. That's why we get games at

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
jservs7 said:
Rambytes said:
I have a question: can someone can explain why a fowarder cannot work? I'm using a fowarder because it's more simple to get new DOL. But i've try with this new usb loader with cover.... i cannot get to work, probably because my fowarder.

But WHY it's not working???
Same for me. I'm using my Forwarder WAD that uses the path "ROOT/apps/usb_loader" I placed the folder "images" at the ROOT and used the dol, but I get a code dump all the time.

Shouldn't this be in "Root/apps/loader" folder?

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, I didn't mean it to you specifically. I didn't quoted anyone
wink.gif

But I saw some posts like "hell! Wanin is so #&@! Why didn't he add NTFS support!" and stuff... It just pisses me off... I'm sorry if you understood it was meant to you, but no harm intended. I just wanted to see some "respect", 'cause they are really trashing people out there... And I don't like that. USB loader is very usefull, wether it's WBFS, FAT or NTSC.

col55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi has anybody compliled a .dol for the loader with use any image from any region code init yet would be very greatful if some could upload.thanks

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kyogc said:
jservs7 said:
Rambytes said:
I have a question: can someone can explain why a fowarder cannot work? I'm using a fowarder because it's more simple to get new DOL. But i've try with this new usb loader with cover.... i cannot get to work, probably because my fowarder.

But WHY it's not working???
Same for me. I'm using my Forwarder WAD that uses the path "ROOT/apps/usb_loader" I placed the folder "images" at the ROOT and used the dol, but I get a code dump all the time.

Shouldn't this be in "Root/apps/loader" folder?
Ah! Well at least the imaging problem is solved.
smile.gif
Now I just need the forwarding one fixed.
biggrin.gif

Thanks kyogc!

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
** NEW DOWNLOAD **

379 Game Covers (This is a NEW, Full Package, cleaned up .... )
379 - Game Covers - NTSC - CLEAN ! - 26.5MB

No incremental download this time .... the full pack is all cleaned up. (now that I had some sleep)

I suggest everyone starting fresh with this one ... I think I have taken it as far as I can ...

NOW, I'm open for requests for ANY NTSC Game Covers I may have missed ... or any errors you may find due to the nature of me doing all of these by hand (well, 1/2 of them)

Thanks,
Kosaic

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Could anyone tell me why won't all the covers for my games show. I know I have them and name right but they won't load instead it display the noimage cover.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
56killer said:
Could anyone tell me why won't all the covers for my games show. I know I have them and name right but they won't load instead it display the noimage cover.

Where do you have them, exactly ?

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
starlightpress said:
helpme said:
QUOTE said:
This version has the in game SD card access bug again

Also the backround doesn't show up for me

Reposting because of new page

i cant get the background image to load on any of them on the front page

can someone make the nIxx's version with the background image built into the dol please

I had the same problem. Placed the background.png in the same directory as the boot.dol and it seemed to load fine. Now if someone made a working forwarder, I'll be a happy guy.

That didn't work for me

56killer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kosaic said:
56killer said:

Inside the usbloader folder where the boot.dol is located and I'm using raptor1010's mods with Sorg's USB Loader.

Kosaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
56killer said:
Kosaic said:
56killer said:

Inside the usbloader folder where the boot.dol is located and I'm using raptor1010's mods with Sorg's USB Loader.

try creating an "images" folder there, and putting the COVER IMAGES only in it (not the gui images) ... reboot and try again.

Posts merged

QUOTE(smash_brew @ Apr 8 2009, 11:16 AM)
@Kosaic
Thanks for doing all the work on the images. I really appreciate it.

NP

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
56killer said:

Possibly the extension at the end , but without the details of the names its hard to tell.
If they are called R7CJ01.png they may work but called R7CJ01.PNG they wont due to uppercase PNG at the end

Its one reason the names wont work , but there are others like the dimensions being 161 or 159 instead of 160 x 226
Upload one or 2 and someone can check for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Sup +1