Hacking Usb loader v.70 won't read / load (Tried everything)

Saturngamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use usb flash drives all the time and have no trouble. Just make sure it is fat 32, plugged in to the correct port and try using wiibackupmanager for transferring your files to it. If your usb drive is on the compatibility list there should be no trouble. It's probably best to have it plugged in before you turn your wii on, and if it still doesn't show up go into settings and see if it is loading sd:\\ or usb:\\ by default. Also not sure if this was answered earlier, but for wbfs files > than 1gb, they are split into multiple files so fat32 size limits are not an issue.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Apparently my external drive didn't work either ;( No idea what the problem might be

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Still got any cards up your sleeve?
soz but nope, unless you messed up your usb ios wich is ios58 wich shouldbt be patched it should be left alone being the original ios58.

Hampus Uddeholt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah as long as your putting your hdd on the top back port it should work if usbloadergx doesnt maount it well something is off.
You think re-softmodding it might help?

yeah as long as your putting your hdd on the top back port it should work if usbloadergx doesnt maount it well something is off.
or is it hard for the vWii?

Hampus Uddeholt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually having the exact same issue. Nintendont works just fine, I can run homebrew no problem from the USB drive. Just playing Wii games from WBFS don't work in CFG, USB Loader, etc. I posted about it a while ago at http://gbatemp.net/threads/cfg-loader-mod-stops-detecting-hd.381081/#post-5332043. Hope we can find a resolution soon!
Hopefully Indeed, when i think about it, after the 90 seconds has gone and it should "restart" or "retry" i also get the (ret= -1)

Last edited by Hampus Uddeholt,

Hampus Uddeholt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dont think it will help tbh if nintendont runs trough usb then usb is fine not sure whats the issue.
Ironically, i can run the apps from the USB flash drive, but when i run CFG, it still says that the device isn't responding xD (got wii games on it) So i have no idea wtf is going on xD,

well, i ordered a 32gb SDHC so i can store some games and play em trough WiiFlow atleast :P

Last edited by Hampus Uddeholt,

Saturngamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you actually gone into the setting and made sure the loader is using the right ios and set to look at usb not sd? Also for the hell of it try different usb ports and see if it gives a different result(don't bother with front ports). Finally, maybe try plugging it into a computer run chkdsk and then make sure to safely eject.

Hampus Uddeholt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you actually gone into the setting and made sure the loader is using the right ios and set to look at usb not sd? Also for the hell of it try different usb ports and see if it gives a different result(don't bother with front ports). Finally, maybe try plugging it into a computer run chkdsk and then make sure to safely eject.
yeah, its either auto or 249 i think, the fun thing was. I had my wii game on my SD card, i could load it and play. IF i have a usb with games on it dosen't even work loading the game from the SDHC wierdly enough :P

Renan Cano

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have exactly the same problem, any USB device (Pen Drives, HD) are recognized in USBLoaders detail that at first when I bought my Wii U functioned perfectly, USB is recognized in SnesGx and other app, and can browse the files, I tested the USB loaders Loader GX, CfgLoader, WiiFlow and other recognizes any USB devices. I need a solution to this case.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have exactly the same problem, any USB device (Pen Drives, HD) are recognized in USBLoaders detail that at first when I bought my Wii U functioned perfectly, USB is recognized in SnesGx and other app, and can browse the files, I tested the USB loaders Loader GX, CfgLoader, WiiFlow and other recognizes any USB devices. I need a solution to this case.
Make sure you are using the top USB port on the back, not the bottom one like with the Wii. And if you are using d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vwii try the beta52 version.

Hello

I softmodded my WiiU yesterday, following MrMario2011's guide on youtube (He updated the file package 30 days ago) and i followed every step (Smash stack).

After i sucessfully dumped keys, nand and IOS236 and whatnot, i went to install some things so i could play backups, using d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
and picked the following: (Base: 56, Slot: 249) (Base: 57, Slot: 250) and (Base: 58, Slot: 251) then i exited.

That was pretty much what you had to do, he also included Configurable USB loader, which is suppose to load Wii iso/wbfs files if i'm not wrong. But i didn't get that to work.

I first had my 8gb USB in fat32, tried loading over some GC iso's (Which i used with Nintendon't) worked perfectly fine.

Then i wanted to try USB loader, but when i wanted to transfer a wii game to the usb, it's over 4gb, which dosen't work with fat32. Then i tried using NTFS format, but creating a folder in the root called wbfs and placed the game in there (also tried the same method used to load games with Nintendon't) Didn't work.

After that i decided to download wbsf manager 3.0, and i formatted my 8gb USB to WBFS format, then transfering a iso with the manager, then when i tried loading that up, didn't work either. I've used both USB hubs with all my attempt, and i particulary tried loading USB mass storage, and not SD where my apps are on.

so, to sum it up abit, GC games worked with nintendont (nothing wrong with the hubs) I also tried using the latest version of USB loader (7.0) but it dosen't work.

So if you might know anything that can help me, it's appriciated!

//Zaap

(Edit 1: Also tried formatting the USB drive to FAT32, the putting in wbsf files made from the iso games, into a wbsf folder, nothing here either)

(Edit 2: Tried using a new usb flash and a external drive with it's own power supply, i tried using WiiFlow instead, and i can actually explore and see all folders and files (Both usb and external) But when i want to play/mount the wbfs file, it black screens and returns to the wii menu, i also got a mail saying i played Mario Galaxy for 1 second ^^

If i put the wbsf on the SD card, i can load it up fine and play, but i'd like it to work with USB, if someone could help me with forwarding and stuff, so i don't have to run WiiFlow from the SD, and then maybe possibly use a SDHC for game it that would work? That'd be great.

I can also include that if i wait out the timer in Configurable USB loader (90) sec, i get the ret=-1 error.)
Your HDD should be FAT32 formatted for Nintendont, and use Wii Backup Manager to transfer your files, WBFS Manager is outdated. WBM will split the games automatically so that they fit on FAT32.
Also make sure you're using the top USB port on the back, not the bottom one as with the Wii.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...