Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

MephSkellington

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I updated my background to the USBLoader revision which uses the following button mapping:

1: Changes Video PAL / NTSC
2: Toggle Ocarina On / Off
A: Start Game
B: Change Language
+: Install Game
-: Remove Game

D-Pad is not included in the background, but I guess anyone will know how to navigate with Up/Down/Left/Right?

I Also made a template in case the button mapping will be changed again.
The font is Continuum medium, which is very similiar to the font used by the Wii.

bgwiistylebymephcredit.png

bgwiistylebymephtemplat.png

Venko

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a real shame about the Wiipower patch for Force PAL being removed from the latest versions. That's the only one I've gotten to work on my old TV. I think that Blue-K is right - we need to implement a config.ini file for the loader that allows us to specify these things as settings.

Something like this:

[options]
videoMode = PalWiiPower; // Options: PalWiiPower, PalFishears, NtscWiiPower, Default (Uses game default)
[rename]
RFNP = Wii Fit;

etc.

[edit] palsax has some brilliant suggestions for configurable options: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1896666

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1896750

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
This is getting annoying, WiiPower, WiiShizza, Hungy, Noralez. Google-code your stuff jeez. Give us proper version number for a easy tracking developpement. Always include the source atleast.

Like SoftChip, when you press A, why can't it just use default-wii-video-output?

DarkunderdoG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very Nice Package!

The SD Fix seems to be a move in the correct direction though still needs some work. RockBand 2 now detects DLC But errors when playing and the Music Store now opens.

kongsnutz said:
HERE IS THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE!!! (Thanks to Wiishizza, WiiPower, Hungyip85 and many otheres)

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER...ATE_VERSION.rar

This includes:

Adult Version (All features)
Child Version 1 (No -+ features)
Child Version 2 (Language on -+)
Teen Version (No - feature)

Features:

Covers
Language select
Force Ntsc (WiiPower Method)
Force Pal (Fishears Method)
Ocarina Codes (Can be selcted on or off)
SD Bug Fixed (codes work in Brawl and allow SD access in other games)
White Game select background with black text (all versions)

Custom Background for each version (edited by me) and a channel forwarder included

Cheers, Kongs

(I have updated the wiki with the correct versions and downloads)

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can we make this so that Force NTSC is on by default? I have some PAL games and the kids won't know how to enable it for a specific game.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Because you should only force when you have to. Default is still ideal. The solution is a customized loading sequence like described in the other thread.

stonetempler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I find the Idea good , but yet complete one Version with all features running before jump and make something different.

Here a Example:

1. HDD Compatible + its Improve
2. Usb loader / Image Compatible - can every User use the Interface? - Need fix for images!!
3. Games compatible / Can every User play the Default Games - RedSteel needs fix (ios249)
4. Force Region ( which loader has the highest compatible Rate and using this as a base for future Updateś )

TODO list:

- image reload fix / Post #673
- fix for RedStell , SSX and .... ( ios249 )
- force Region Check
//// user must say what Resolution + hz and the loader there use - to check what Problems every User have with diferent USBVersions (forced option).

other stuff:
- options in config file rather than directly in the DOL (when possible ? / after bugfixing
- boxart on right side of background, rather than on left side / after bugfixing

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks said:
Because you should only force when you have to. Default is still ideal. The solution is a customized loading sequence like described in the other thread.

Thats just it, when do I know I have to. The only way I know that I have to is after loading the game and its all B&W. Then I have to reboot select force ntsc then boot the game. A 4 year old is not going to know how to do this.

Not sure but is there a way to patch a PAL iso file so that its forced to boot in NTSC?

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Again, patching is not optimal. We're working on a solution for custom language/video force settings where you can specify your own preferences in a text file and have that applied to all games from the same region.

cheech794

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kongsnutz said:
HERE IS THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE!!! (Thanks to Wiishizza, WiiPower, Hungyip85 and many otheres)

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER...ATE_VERSION.rar

This includes:

Adult Version (All features)
Child Version 1 (No -+ features)
Child Version 2 (Language on -+)
Teen Version (No - feature)

Features:

Covers
Language select
Force Ntsc (WiiPower Method)
Force Pal (Fishears Method)
Ocarina Codes (Can be selcted on or off)
SD Bug Fixed (codes work in Brawl and allow SD access in other games)
White Game select background with black text (all versions)

Custom Background for each version (edited by me) and a channel forwarder included

Cheers, Kongs

(I have updated the wiki with the correct versions and downloads)

Works and looks great. I have NTSC Wii and i tried it with a few NTSC and PAL games. Still not working for me with PAL - Madworld

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
stonetempler said:
other stuff:
- options in config file rather than directly in the DOL (when possible ? / after bugfixing
- boxart on right side of background, rather than on left side / after bugfixing

Boxart on the right is tested and done. Use coordinates (24, 54) for the console and (480, 115) for the cover art. People can start updating their backgrounds according to these.

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Knocks said:

Would be nice if you could set this Force PAL/NTSC per game, in a configuration file on the SD.

So it will automatically force the right region for games that don't work with the default settings.

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ChronoX_ said:
Would be nice if you could set this Force PAL/NTSC per game, in a configuration file on the SD.

So it will automatically force the right region for games that don't work with the default settings.

In fact Config.ini would be the best where you can set the name, set the language, set the force etc... but first someone must create the final version with all the modify.

redmanmark86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hungyip84 said:
lejong2002 said:
hungyip84 said:
Just made a very minor fix (I think it's fine if you keep the old one)

ALL 4 versions are included (normal, child1, child2, teen)

http://superuploader.net/ca0397471967-usbloader3-rar.html

Someone just requested me to make one for white background:

http://sharebee.com/87cbca31

I didn't test for it, but it should work.

For white background ...

There is only one dol file...

Please upload more....

Anyway, Really cool !!!

yaypsp.gif

I couldn't resist to compile it.

Here are all the white ones. Enjoy and gd nite!

http://superuploader.net/694301472040-white-rar.html

your force code still doesnt work for me and i get a crazy flickering screen if i force PAL or NTSC but i dont get this with Narolez V4,

ive uploaded a video to tube so you can see exactly what i mean.

Its a shame because i want Orcarnia off by default which yours allows but Narolez doesnt so i either have to hope you fix it or he releases a V5

here is the youtube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o-HR2AybIk

P.S. its fllickering a hell of a lot more than the camera on my phone shows...

dgtor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you seen this?:

Update v1.11:
1) games now can be marked as deleted instead actual remove. I made this feature because of bug in WBFS (i couldn't find where it is exactly). If you will remove games and add new one then some of previously uploaded games will become corrupted. So, if you will just mark game as deleted, it will disappear from list, but still will occupy space. It will prevent corruption. With big HDD, this is not a big problem.

Is from Sorg last release.

There is a bug in WBFS.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two problems. Hope someone can help.

1. I can't get the boxart images to show. I've tried putting the images directory in the root of the SD and in the App/usbloader/images directory. The background loads fine, but no box images. Yes they are names correct (example RZUE42.png)
2. Everything I try to dump gives me a DSI error and crashes. I was able to load a few games directly from iso. on my PC, but nothing from the wii itself. I'm trying to convince myself that it's the small 4GB MicroSD with USB adapter, but I don't know for sure.

Is there a way to dump Wii DVDs via PC or do you have to make an ISO first?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Wbu?