Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

Anarchia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) You must put the images on SDRoot/images not APP/images/...
i think that load the default background...
2) You use a simple USB devibe because doesn't read SDHC...
3) If you want create a wii backup you must have specifics model of disk drive in your pc...

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
I have two problems. Hope someone can help.

1. I can't get the boxart images to show. I've tried putting the images directory in the root of the SD and in the App/usbloader/images directory. The background loads fine, but no box images. Yes they are names correct (example RZUE42.png)
2. Everything I try to dump gives me a DSI error and crashes. I was able to load a few games directly from iso. on my PC, but nothing from the wii itself. I'm trying to convince myself that it's the small 4GB MicroSD with USB adapter, but I don't know for sure.

Is there a way to dump Wii DVDs via PC or do you have to make an ISO first?
1) put them in your root \images
2)I do not think this loader suports SDH

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
dgtor said:
Have you seen this?:

Update v1.11:
1) games now can be marked as deleted instead actual remove. I made this feature because of bug in WBFS (i couldn't find where it is exactly). If you will remove games and add new one then some of previously uploaded games will become corrupted. So, if you will just mark game as deleted, it will disappear from list, but still will occupy space. It will prevent corruption. With big HDD, this is not a big problem.

Is from Sorg last release.

There is a bug in WBFS.

Nice workaround, waiting for a real fix from coders
smile.gif

Might be implemented in a V5 from narolez/hungyip84...

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgtor said:
Have you seen this?:

Update v1.11:
1) games now can be marked as deleted instead actual remove. I made this feature because of bug in WBFS (i couldn't find where it is exactly). If you will remove games and add new one then some of previously uploaded games will become corrupted. So, if you will just mark game as deleted, it will disappear from list, but still will occupy space. It will prevent corruption. With big HDD, this is not a big problem.

There is a bug in WBFS.

A similiar feature was added to this loader late last night. It is the Teen release. It basically disables the remove feature but leaves the add feature. I personally think this method is much better than just marking as deleted and then not showing them on the list. But in either case I think this safety feature implemented in either fashon is smart. It will save many from uncertain grief when.

On another note, I want to thank everyone who is diligently working on the usb loader scene for all the hard work. In the end there will really only be a couple that with stand, but those couple will have been made possible do to all the people who have been working and finding solutions and those who put so much work in to backgrounds and box art. Very cool indeed.

Lastly, it was a lot of fun last night trying recompiled loader after recompiled loader. I really think there was a ton of progress last night.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
Moose13 said:
I have two problems. Hope someone can help.

1. I can't get the boxart images to show. I've tried putting the images directory in the root of the SD and in the App/usbloader/images directory. The background loads fine, but no box images. Yes they are names correct (example RZUE42.png)
2. Everything I try to dump gives me a DSI error and crashes. I was able to load a few games directly from iso. on my PC, but nothing from the wii itself. I'm trying to convince myself that it's the small 4GB MicroSD with USB adapter, but I don't know for sure.

Is there a way to dump Wii DVDs via PC or do you have to make an ISO first?
1) put them in your root \images
2)I do not think this loader suports SDH

I can confirm that the loader does work with SDHC with the box images. I am using a 4gig micro drive with adapter without problems.

Reign1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knocks, could you recompile with the white text console for black backgrounds and the console on the left? Looking to pair it up with that first image with the reversed console you made earlier (last night I think). Thanks.

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anarchia said:
1) You must put the images on SDRoot/images not APP/images/...
i think that load the default background...
2) You use a simple USB devibe because doesn't read SDHC...
3) If you want create a wii backup you must have specifics model of disk drive in your pc...

I've tried the SDroot/images, but it doesn't help. I'm dunbfounded on this one...

Yeah, I think you're right on the SDHC thing. I think as soon as it hit's over the 2GB it gives me the error (but it does show 2.xx GB free)

I guess I'll just have to wait for my 500GB seagate to come in the mail.

Thanks

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dgtor said:
Have you seen this?:

Update v1.11:

There is a bug in WBFS.

Makes a pretty core-dump for me using v1.11 from Sorg.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose,

Just to be clear, sometimes the obvious is not so obvious, you are putting the images folder on the root of the sd card and not in a folder called SDroot?

Do you have another SD card you can try? Maybe there is a compatability issue with the one you have. Mine has about 3gig of data on it right now and works fine, it is a patriot version.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello.

This loader works great for me, except the Ocarina feature; Most of the time it will give "SD Error" before game boot, otherwise it will ask whether or not I'd like to apply codes but in fact it doesn't work.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic4Ever said:
Hello.

This loader works great for me, except the Ocarina feature; Most of the time it will give "SD Error" before game boot, otherwise it will ask whether or not I'd like to apply codes but in fact it doesn't work.

Did you try hungy's last compiles that allow you to turn that on and off?

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dun4cheap said:
Moose,

Just to be clear, sometimes the obvious is not so obvious, you are putting the images folder on the root of the sd card and not in a folder called SDroot?

Do you have another SD card you can try? Maybe there is a compatability issue with the one you have. Mine has about 3gig of data on it right now and works fine, it is a patriot version.

I have the images in the "images" directory in the root of the SD. I know it sees the directory, because if I remove the bg.png, I get a black screen only. No background. This way I know that the directory is correct, it just will not load the game images.

I don't have anothe SD, all others ate SDHC and I haven't upgraded to 4.0 so SDHC will not work. That's my next mission, so I can run Wiiware off of the SDHC card.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No doubt, I love the WiiWare on the SD card.

Which dol file did you download? I wonder if you grabbed one of the early ones. Also, which artwork did you grab, I ended up putting the Pal and NTSC in my folder.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgtor said:
Have you seen this?:

Update v1.11:

There is a bug in WBFS.

Can you post a link to this release? Link http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147765&st=0

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fellows, for me the ULTIMATE VERSION from kongsnutz,
is the best. I don't experience any issues with that.

So I will update the first post.
And finally this case is closed for me.

I wanna thank everybody that contributed in here.
Together we're strong!!

kongsnutz said:
HERE IS THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE!!! (Thanks to Wiishizza, WiiPower, Hungyip85 and many otheres)

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER...ATE_VERSION.rar

This includes:

Adult Version (All features)
Child Version 1 (No -+ features)
Child Version 2 (Language on -+)
Teen Version (No - feature)

Features:

Covers
Language select
Force Ntsc (WiiPower Method)
Force Pal (Fishears Method)
Ocarina Codes (Can be selcted on or off)
SD Bug Fixed (codes work in Brawl and allow SD access in other games)
White Game select background with black text (all versions)

Custom Background for each version (edited by me) and a channel forwarder included

Cheers, Kongs

(I have updated the wiki with the correct versions and downloads)

@kongsnutz
Could you plz post the source? or is it already posted and I have over read it?

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No doubt, I love the WiiWare on the SD card.

Which dol file did you download? I wonder if you grabbed one of the early ones. Also, which artwork did you grab, I ended up putting the Pal and NTSC in my folder.
[/quote
I've tried multiple dol's. The last one I used is form "USB Loader Ultimate Version" and I grabbed the 400 NTSC covers V1.
I check the name on the images and the names of the games through WBFStool and they match, hey just don't show up.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
Fellows, for me the ULTIMATE VERSION from kongsnutz,
is the best. I don't experience any issues with that.

So I will update the first post.
And finally this case is closed for me.

I wanna thank everybody that contributed in here.
Together we're strong!!

kongsnutz said:
HERE IS THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE!!! (Thanks to Wiishizza, WiiPower, Hungyip85 and many otheres)

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/files/USB_LOADER...ATE_VERSION.rar

This includes:

Adult Version (All features)
Child Version 1 (No -+ features)
Child Version 2 (Language on -+)
Teen Version (No - feature)

Features:

Covers
Language select
Force Ntsc (WiiPower Method)
Force Pal (Fishears Method)
Ocarina Codes (Can be selcted on or off)
SD Bug Fixed (codes work in Brawl and allow SD access in other games)
White Game select background with black text (all versions)

Custom Background for each version (edited by me) and a channel forwarder included

Cheers, Kongs

(I have updated the wiki with the correct versions and downloads)

@kongsnutz
Could you plz post the source? or is it already posted and I have over read it?

Very cool, so it looks like this is all being finished and wrapped up. Great work guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s