• Views 7,184,226
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need r1235 (but I disabled it in internal updated, as it was reported to be instable and lot has of bugs).

If you use r1235 and you registered it (red-button on console+pad while on system menu), then it will work in the loader.

I'm still waiting more reports on the test build I released to know what's wrong (as I don't have any bugs on 1235).
I don't know if users are interested in reporting, beta testing and helping :/
If you want a functional and working loader, I would need help from you too.

I know I don't work fast, but when I wait from other users it creates even more delays.

Dharengo:
Thre are two settings : global and individual.
Maybe some settings are conflicting, be sure to check your individual game settings.

Nintendont "Config File" setting is set to don't change? Delete? Create?
Like I reported on latest changelog on 1235, this setting is untested, maybe it's not working.
please try all 3 options and let me know if there's an issue with it.

if you use autoboot, it should autoboot the game and not stop on device selection screen.
The settings should be registered correctly in nintendont too.
verify that your path to nintendont is correct (you can set different paths in individual game settings)

or Nintendont broke the compatibility with loaders *again*

r1235 before it was pulled this option worked fine for me.

Nintendont "Config File" setting is set to don't change? Delete? Create?
What beta do you need tested now? what exactly are we ironing out?

rafaelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Help appreciated!

My issue is that when usb loader gx starts, it initializes the HDD, I can hear the disc spin up and then I can hear it suddenly stop, giving the message: reinitializing devices - though it wont successfully initialize or read my games after that. This while using the IOS249 for the loader.

If I change the loader to use IOS56?(I think) then the HDD initializes and I can see my games no problem, I can launch GC games fine, but I can't play Wii games still - they all hang on a black screen even though games are set to use IOS249.

Using the latest rev of usb loader gx, and I have d2x-v10-r43 IOS249 base IOS56

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What beta do you need tested now? what exactly are we ironing out?
r1235 had lot of reports about things not working.
but the main one is "wrong or not present HDD size", and the loader seems instable overall. (I don't know how to explain as I don't have these issues).

So, I released few builds (see1-2 page back) with different element removed or changed from 1233 to 1235.
I need reports to tell me if test #6 or #7 is fine.
even better, a full test 1 to 7.

But some users don't have issues, so only report and test if you see any issues in 1235 and let me know if they are fixed in the test builds.

rafaelia:
Reinit HDD is done when it reloads to a different cIOS. it shutsdown USB, reload cIOS, remount USB.
HDD should be detected again correctly after a remount. I don't know why it shuts down and never remount.

To prevent reloads, you can set the loader's IOS to 58. As HBC use IOS58 too, it will prevent the need to change cIOS.
in the settings you have two different IOS : loader and game.
game should stay at 249, and loader can be set to 58.
It should help with your problem, but using default cIOS should be fine.
your hdd is probably the cause. if you can, try another hdd.

rafaelia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rafaelia:
Reinit HDD is done when it reloads to a different cIOS.
to prevent reloads, set the loader's IOS to 58.
in the settings you have two different IOS : loader and game.
game should stay at 249, and loader can be set to 58.
It should help with your problem, but using default cIOS should be fine.
your hdd is probably the cause. if you can, try another hdd.

Sorry, when I said IOS56 I meant 58, I have everything set up like that already.

Is it definitely a HDD problem and not a IOS problem? Because I the Wii doesn't have a problem reading my HDD in other applications.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it's not the HDD, it can be the IOS.
you can launch Wii games with other loaders?
just to know if IOS249 is working fine.

you can try d2x v8 base56
or d2x v10 (beta52, not alt beta53) base 56 too.

or it can be the loader.
it will need more work on booting process code.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having near constant crashes on r1235- I'm reverting back to r1233- but on that rev it tells me it wont work with nintendont when I try to play GC games. Hopefully this gets sorted soon.

I can get on IRC and help bug-test if necessary, I've done it before for Wiixplorer with Dimok a while back when he was implementing USB Keyboard support.

Just tag me here or quote me and let me know when/where I can help.

Right now I'm getting these awful ear splitting crashes with no code dump or anything.

Details about the crashes I'm experiencing:
One of the characters on the hard-drive space display appears corrupted, sometimes weird stuff happens- like banners loading in the wrong places; Like- sometimes I'll get several of the same banner for a bunch of different games- and then shortly later I get these insane crashes where it just starts making more and more different noises until it sounds so horrid it physically hurts your ears. Occasionally the screen will also display green noise and such- but usually it just goes black.

The last time I seen this kind of stuff was some of the beta revisions way back when Dios Mios stuff was being worked on- as well as the initial Banner support updates.

Again- please contact me when I can help bugtest- I'm free nearly all the time lately.

Edit: I tried test builds 1-7 and it has the same problems as well.

Reactions: Cyan

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there anyway to have usbloader gx only display the boot.dol in a folder when selecting the homebrew launcher option from the main wimdow? Specifically retro arch. Currently I'm using usbloader gx to auto launch through priiloader which works great for my wiiware/Wii/GC games. The only homebrew software executables I have on my USB drive is retroarch (the rest are launching from my sd). I have my homebrew path set to USB:/apps/ in usbgx. The problem I'm having is when I open the homebrew launcher window from usbloader gx it shows all the cores from retroarch (5 pages) as launchable dols with same title/version the only difference being file size. So basically I want to know if its possible to only have it show the boot.dol file in the homebrew launcher window instead of all .dol files

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to have usbloader gx only display the boot.dol in a folder when selecting the homebrew launcher option from the main wimdow? Specifically retro arch. Currently I'm using usbloader gx to auto launch through priiloader which works great for my wiiware/Wii/GC games. The only homebrew software executables I have on my USB drive is retroarch (the rest are launching from my sd). I have my homebrew path set to USB:/apps/ in usbgx. The problem I'm having is when I open the homebrew launcher window from usbloader gx it shows all the cores from retroarch (5 pages) as launchable dols with same title/version the only difference being file size. So basically I want to know if its possible to only have it show the boot.dol file in the homebrew launcher window instead of all .dol files

Yeah I got around this by using forwarder dols for everything in a separate apps folder on my SD Card. I doubt much work will be done to the homebrew launcher- but it'd be a nice touch.

Reactions: Plunt

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I got around this by using forwarder dols for everything in a separate apps folder on my SD Card. I doubt much work will be done to the homebrew launcher- but it'd be a nice touch.

I thought about using a forwarder but didn't even think to use a seperate folder, that's exactly what I needed. Cheers

masterpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
If it's not the HDD, it can be the IOS.
you can launch Wii games with other loaders?
just to know if IOS249 is working fine.

you can try d2x v8 base56
or d2x v10 (beta52, not alt beta53) base 56 too.

or it can be the loader.
it will need more work on booting process code.

It's definitly the Hdd device

I am confused. Yesterday i found that setting USBLoaderGx booting IOS on 58 is great!

For over a year since i hacked my wii, my capricious (watch my signature) HDD used to be not initialised at UsbloaderGX's launch 7 out of 10 times with 249 as booting ios.
i tried all the version from v8 to the last one d2x-v10-beta53-alt (i prefer the -alt one since i dont care about Nand acces and i am looking over great usb 2.0 compatibility for loader's and games).
All this was really boring (waiting for all the countdown-20 second- to discover must of the time that the HDD is not recognised, restart the loader or initialised the hhd through the usbloaderGX's settings )..

Yesterday, when looking for the WiiXplorer Channel installation file, i found on WiiXplorer google.code page an advice to people experiencing problem during copy on usb 2.0 drive :
<< If you get annoyed by those freezes just switch to a cIOS as boot IOS in the wiixplorer settings (e.g. d2x 249). The cIOSs are known to be stable and about 30-40% faster in read/write>>
I have already experienced these problems, so I did as told the advice. But what a surprise, wiixplorer no longer recognised my high drive. It was boot/initialising very well but no more Hdd partitions shown between the SD and the Nand peripherals. After that, i set back the booting ios to 58 and everything came back to normal.

Then it hits me, and i settled ios 58 as my booting ios (249 is still for games and still work great) for usbloaderGx and now the Hdd is always recognised, so flawlessy that the countdown doesn't even show on.

So please someone could tell me what's wrong with my ios. Is this situation normal? and can i keep my settings like this without endangering my hack stability(ios/cios/loaders/wiisystem)?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1-7 have the issue too?
I will try to build 1233 again (last working revision) without any change to see if it's still there. my build environment is maybe bad.

Did anything in your major in your build environment change between 1233 and 1235?
I'd kinda like to try building this myself at some point.

The most stable of the bunch appeared to be test 3- but I can't be sure if that's entirely the case.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't change anything in my devkit environment, except installing libctru (I kept the "install log" and it didn't touch anything related to DevkitPPC or libogc).
I was using two additional libraries in my libogc, but usbgx is not using them.
in the test builds, I told I reverted to official libogc.
Maybe my portlibs are at cause? but I didn't touch the folder recently. I can reinstall it to see.

For users who want to help:
Do you have stability issue/memory corruption symptom (wrong font/letters/etc.) with r1235?
Are you on wii or WiiU? (I tested both and it worked fine, so I don't know how to trigger the issue myself, please provide your setup)
is 1233 stable?
did you try test build1 to 7, and did you see improvement? if yes, which one.

this weekend I'll have more time and will make more tests.

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't change anything in my devkit environment, except installing libctru (I kept the "install log" and it didn't touch anything related to DevkitPPC or libogc).
I was using two additional libraries in my libogc, but usbgx is not using them.
in the test builds, I told I reverted to official libogc.
Maybe my portlibs are at cause? but I didn't touch the folder recently. I can reinstall it to see.

For users who want to help:
Do you have stability issue/memory corruption symptom (wrong font/letters/etc.) with r1235?
Are you on wii or WiiU? (I tested both and it worked fine, so I don't know how to trigger the issue myself, please provide your setup)
is 1233 stable?
did you try test build1 to 7, and did you see improvement? if yes, which one.

this weekend I'll have more time and will make more tests.

I decided to re-test everything with SendElf just in case I screwed something up putting them on the SD Card.
r1235.dol has the memory corruption symptom
Test dols 1,2 and 7 seem to have memory corruption symptoms as well
3 and 4, and maybe 5 and 6 seem to be somewhat more stable- no corrupt characters. 5 and 6 seem to read my library of games wrong- which is weird.

I've let test 3 idle on my TV for about 45 minutes and i'm going to try running a game. Usually by now it would've crashed.

Something I noticed about r1233 is that if I let it idle then try to run a homebrew app via the inbuilt menu- it sometimes just blackscreens forever and I need to force reset. Not sure whats causing that.

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So it seems related to the PS3 library.
I'll test to put it directly in the loader instead of linking it as a library.
I'll do that this weekend. Thanks for the tests.

strange that 5-6 has the bug you reported. I didn't change anything except removing controller support.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey Cyan, once again need your help, using 1235_v3, I tested some Wii games with partial emunand, I store some saves on emunand, I don't recall having preblems before but now ULGX doesn't apply my emusaves, only the ones stored in real nand, the path to emunand is correct, I imported my saves to emunand and they are correctly stored, I checked they were there through SaveManagerGX, I wonder why it ignore the saves on emunand.

BTW: those games are not the ones having problems with enunand saves as Pokemon Wonder Something. They used to work fine before.

Could be related to my recent problem to write into the HDD? Actually I'm not able to download my covers to HDD, so I change the path to SD, I really don't know what happened, other apps like WiiXplorer allows writte into my HDD.

I'm on Wii U here.
Tested UStealth hide/unhide HDD, same result...
ISO reading is working fine.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've tested Abz DS3 mod I couldn't get the DS3 controller to work but I don't see any error's with his 1234 build not even a nintendon't error. 1233 was and is stable I didn't have any issues what so ever I was prepared to downgrade back to 1233 if Abz 1234 build didn't work out

One thing I would like to see added to USB Loader GX is JoostinOnline's battery percentage display code from his powercheck application, I pressed the home button in a game earlier saw a red bar, same thing in USB Loader GX. So I go to powercheck and it's at 38%, i'm using Duracell Quantum batteries so I pulled them out and what do you know when I check the battery meter it's at roughly 40%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: