• Replies 29,379
  • Likes 48

rennsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using component cables in 480i mode (on the Wii) I always get a black screen in games (the menu works fine). I even have tried forcing a video mode and it still has a black screen.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
the library is on svn too (in /branches/libs/libwupc/)
you need to make and make install (it will copy to libogc, not to portlib)

I can change it to load all files from the main trunk instead of additional libs to libogc.

I'll ask here, but not sure I'll get an answer as most developers left wii scene.
Is there a way to know and map the used Mem1 and Mem2 addresses?
I would like to know how much RAM is used by the loader and how much free is left.
I recompiled the file and it worked fine

what I did:
checkout 1236 source
checkout branches
make/ make install libwupc only since libsixaxis was already installed
compile using make -j4
link for further testing: http://copy.com/vRN3HgFVyk9u7YuB/Public/GX1236boot.7z

Reactions: Cyan

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can I request that the new WiiU Widescreen setting (currently listed under Features) be a per-game setting?

My reason is this. Resident Evil Zero is a game that forces into stretched widescreen even with the retail disc, but this was just poor effort by Capcom - this game should ONLY be played in 4:3. Until now, I have kept the old 4:3 HBC around purely for usage with Resident Evil Zero (as this would force 4:3 with Wii games). The new USBGX makes this no longer necessary and this is great, but it would be great if I could set the new WiiU Widescreen setting to 4:3 just for Resident Evil Zero as a per-game setting rather than having to enable and disable the setting all the time.

Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's currently in features because it's not easy to change the current aspect ratio before launching a game which require 4:3, it's not like you have many games needed it.
If there are a lot of games which require it, I can make a setting. but there are already a lot of settings, I try to limit them. a feature was easier to implement as it's affecting the visual right away, not at game launch.
Also, it affects only WiiU, so that game option would have no effect on wii.
I recompiled the file and it worked fine

what I did:
checkout 1236 source
checkout branches
make/ make install libwupc only since libsixaxis was already installed
compile using make -j4
link for further testing: http://copy.com/vRN3HgFVyk9u7YuB/Public/GX1236boot.7z
Thanks for testing.
That's really weird. I'll check what's wrong with my setup.
Maybe my Sicksaxis is wrong? could you provide your .a ?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im having an issue with r1235. in the display for how many gb is free on hdd at the bottom and in some other areas one of the digits will be a weird symbol like an apostrophe. it might replace a zero or a one whenever they are need. so 15gb free would look like '5.0gb free. i even tried Abz's mod and it does the same. my HDD is almost full but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. and no i didnt compile. i downloaded Abz's and did the internal update for the other.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
it's currently in features because it's not easy to change the current aspect ratio before launching a game which require 4:3, it's not like you have many games needed it.
If there are a lot of games which require it, I can make a setting. but there are already a lot of settings, I try to limit them. a feature was easier to implement as it's affecting the visual right away, not at game launch.
Thanks. It was really more of a suggestion than something of great priority. And after further testing, the setting seems to revert back to 16:9 when exiting the game and reloading from the forwarder - which is ideal, as there is no need to disable the setting manually after usage.

I'm personally delighted with this setting, by the way. :) I can finally condemn the old 4:3 HBC to the far end of the system menu.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Thanks for testing.
That's really weird. I'll check what's wrong with my setup.
Maybe my Sicksaxis is wrong? could you provide your .a ?
it's in the zip along with the dol and patch:
http://copy.com/vRN3HgFVyk9u7YuB/Public/usbloader-gx-1234-ds3-wup-mod.rar

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm personally delighted with this setting, by the way. :) I can finally condemn the old 4:3 HBC to the far end of the system menu.
You can use the 4:3 HBC, USBLoaderGX auto-resize at launch ;)
it's based on real WiiU setting (not current aspect-ratio).

If your WiiU is set to 4:3, no resize is done.
Well, it should work fine, I tested it quickly in both aspect ratio using 480p 4:3 and 1080p 16:9

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan

First things first, thank you for being the perfectionist you are. USBGX is a mad beast of a launcher, and you keep adding new features like crazy.

Wiiflow keeps crashing on my end, the menus are barren, there is a lack of proper configuration options and is quite a mess to set up properly. But I can always count on GX, simple, elegant yet powerful.

That being said, I have a simple question regarding the future of USBGX: Could it be possible to launch roms/apps from the main menu someday? With cover support and all that jazz.

USBGX works flawlessly, and the list view can be tweaked to look like a Mame front-end (by editing the 2D covers manually) which in turn could turn the Wii into the cheapest and most compatible arcade machine ever created. Could you also add video preview support like the one Wiiflow already has?

Just out of curiosity. Thanks again for all of your efforts.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You can use the 4:3 HBC, USBLoaderGX auto-resize at launch ;)
it's based on real WiiU setting (not current aspect-ratio).

If your WiiU is set to 4:3, no resize is done.
Well, it should work fine, I tested it quickly in both aspect ratio using 480p 4:3 and 1080p 16:9
The 16:9 forwarder is needed for other apps though. :P Still, I can force 4:3 every now and again for Resident Evil Zero so it is all fine.

I'm aware I'm using the feature the opposite way to how it was intended!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Cyan
First things first, thank you for being the perfectionist you are. USBGX is a mad beast of a launcher, and you keep adding new features like crazy.
Wiiflow keeps crashing on my end, the menus are barren, there is a lack of proper configuration options and is quite a mess to set up properly. But I can always count on GX, simple, elegant yet powerful.
That being said, I have a simple question regarding the future of USBGX: Could it be possible to launch roms/apps from the main menu someday? With cover support and all that jazz.
USBGX works flawlessly, and the list view can be tweaked to look like a Mame front-end (by editing the 2D covers manually) which in turn could turn the Wii into the cheapest and most compatible arcade machine ever created. Could you also add video preview support like the one Wiiflow already has?
Just out of curiosity. Thanks again for all of your efforts.
Video preview?
for plugins it's using Avi as banner animation/preview? that's good I guess. I don't know how to read video format, but if Wiiflow does it then it can be done too.

I wish I could add plugin system to put anything the user want to the main display (homebrew, emulators, whatever can be launched), but I miss time and knowledge to make it properly.
having help would be great, but I'm alone working, testing and debugging. (in a sense, I'm happy to be alone, like you said I'm perfectionist and would like things to be done like I see it :rofl: )

My vision for future version is :
- perfection Gamecube launching and Gamecube menus, add neek2o,
- Release 3.1
- Add plugin system to support emulators/homebrew/etc. on main list
- Overall settings menu changes, using categories (wii, gamecube, WiiWare, plugin1, plugin2, etc.)
- update interface to use tabs and create multi-user account (a tab = a setting, for example Tab1 = WiiWare, Tab2=Gamecube, Tab3=Kids with parental control, Tabx etc.)
- Release 4.0

But that's only an utopic roadmap.
I don't know how long it would require to achieve it, The wii homebrew will probably be old and forgot by users (using instead WiiU homebrew, PS4 homebrew, etc. lol)

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r1235 :)

Main changes:
* Fixed nintendont detection v2.263+
Nintendont detection shouldn't break anymore, but just in case I replaced the error prompt with a warning. You can still launch it ;)
* Added WiiU Pro controller over Bluetooth
* Added PS3 controller over USB
* more nintendont changes. See full log on blog or googlecode.

I am getting weird results with this rev. First where USB Loader GX reads how much space is left on my hdd it should say 1347 of 1863gb free instead it says 13r7 of 1863gb free. Second Issue some of my gamecube games show up twice in the loader. Third issue is exception dsi occurred usually happens when launching games. this is all on vWii.

skranboard

Trophies
XP
Country
I am also having the "space left" problem stated above by worm28. But worse still, I tried to add two games (from original disc) to the launcher and none of them will start properly. I have never had a problem like this with earlier versions of USB Loader GX. I upgraded it by mistake when I was downloading covers - I was tired and just clicked "download" and "ok" and later discovered I had upgraded the software.

Is it possible to downgrade to the earlier version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk