• Views 7,169,348
  • Replies 29,363
  • Likes 48

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already downloaded it, but I haven't tried it yet.

I very much like PimpMyWii, but I was not able to successfully use it the last time I tried, I mean, it updated everything, but the loaders would crash.

As far as I understand Cyan has IOS249rev17, IOS250[56]d2x v8 final, IOS251[56]d2x v9 r49, 202[38+60]v4, 222[38+37]v4 and 223[57]v5.1 installed. You say that of all those, you only have the two d2x and Dios Mios?

How can I get IOS249rev17, 202[38+60]v4, 222[38+37]v4 and 223[57]v5.1? How can I install them? With PympMyWii?

Thanks.

If you want to use PimpMyWii, first of all make sure your internet is set up on your Wii. Start up PimpMyWii and go to "update" to make sure it's the latest version. Go to "Hack your Wii/Minimal Installation." It will install hermes to 202/222/223/224 and d2x to 249/250/251. You can use the wad option to install Dios Mios. Probably not the best setup but I know it works, I modded a friend's Wii a few months back bc he wanted to use cheat codes on Xenoblade Chronicles and some other game and I knew USB Loader GX would give him that option.

And yes, currently I just have d2x and Dios Mios. I have d2x installed to 249 and 250. All my homebrew apps are content with using just ios249 and I haven't had any issues. The apps I have used heavily are USB Loader GX, WiiMC, Retroarch-Wii and have recently gotten into playing around with Nintendont. I do not use any peripherals like the wii mic for animal crossing or anything guitar hero related so I can't comment on those.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Cyan, re posting an old graphical glitch that still present with the official forwarder http://gbatemp.net/threads/graphical-issue-in-wii-mode.350314/

I though it went away but it happens time to time, totally random, sometimes the distortion is in the upper screen, other it happens in the upper center of the screen.

Thanks for this report OriginalHamster ... I had this problem some days ago on my WiiU and I thought it was my TV or my hdmi cable. My setup: pal WiiU 1080p latest usblgx (ustealth), official forwarder

This only happens with the forwarder ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, only with the forwarder.
Probably a video mode used by the forwarder. I didn't have time to test if it's the channel/banner, or the forwarder dol.

kwanbis:
don't setup your Wii like my signature if you don't understand why I have this.
You need only 2 cIOS :
Slot 249 : d2x cIOS v10 (beta52) based on IOS 56
Slot 250 : d2x cIOS v10 (beta52) based on IOS 57

That's all. no 236, NO pimp my wii which will patch ALL your IOS even if not required and create a mess of your console!
" it updated everything, but the loaders would crash." That's your issue!
PimpMyWii updates everything instead of doing the proper job.
Don't use that program. You might need to fix the mess if it patched all your IOSes without purpose.

You don't need a specific cIOS to use WiiBackupManager, it's a Windows program.
Launch it, go to settings > FAT32/NTFS > Select the Naming convention to "Title [ID]".
If you choose only "ID" it will not work with USBLoaderGX.

If you tried the HDD with WBFS first, then convert the partition .... you need to refresh the loader (which still expect it to be WBFS).
Go to Settings > HDD > Click on the first line to browse existing partitions and choose NTFS (or FAT32! You don't need NTFS, and other homebrew, like Gamecube launcher, need FAT32 as first partition of your drive!)
I see you plan to have GC games, so your drive MUST have the very first partition formated as Primary FAT32 with 32k/cluster and using 512byte per sector.

TarkinMX:
I still don't understand why you are trying to install forwarders to EmuNAND.
install it to RealNAND, and display both Real and EmuNAND at the same time if you want to see both. Launch the forwarder located on realNAND.

I don't know why it doesn't display/add to EmuNAND when using the internal wad installer without checking a difference of your NAND folder before and after the install.
You need to extract the wad and see which files are inside, and where they are supposed to be installed on NAND, then check if they are correctly installed to their EmuNAND counterpart.

Like I said about the black banners, I don't know what's the issue as I can't reproduce it.

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi {USER=746]Cyan[/USER].

So I took the same USB drive that was formated in FAT32, formated it NTFS, created a WBFS folder, copied the same games into it, and it shows 0 games.

It shows that the pen drive has only about 2GB of 4GB, so it is clearly seeing it, but somehow it does not sees the games.

Any idea? Thanks!

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Skanob:
You don't need to update the Hermes cIOSes.
They are not even required.
Usually the loader works fine with d2x v8, with all partitions formats and all games.

1. verify that the Loader's IOS and Game's IOS are both set to 249 (in the settings > Loader settings).

2. You are using NTFS for wii games?
Are you keeping the full ISO for games? or converting them in .wbfs files?

3. Try to defragment the partition

I don't know what else to suggest.
Maybe try to put the games in FAT32 partition (use WiiBackupManager, it will copy and convert the game format correctly to work with FAT32, even for games bigger than 4GB)

Kimotori:
I think you can set the BG volume to 0 to disable it.
If you really want to remove the BG sound, you can replace the sound file with a silent one in the sources and recompile.
Or you can set theme with an empty sound file as BG music, you won't need to recompile.

1. Confirmed that global settings is set to 249 on both loader's and IOS, tried even on per game settings to set it there. still the same, black screen then restarts to the Wii system menu.

2. First Partition is FAT32 for the GC, emunand, apps directories. 2nd Partition is in NTFS. And my games are in .wbfs format. I'm using WiiBackupManager_Build78 to transfer from .iso to .wbfs to save space keeping only the game partition.

3. I don't think defragmenting will help, coz CFG Loader MOD doesn't have any problems with the ones that is problematic with GX.

Additional questions:
Are there known games that are problematic with GX, that needs specific settings to work?

Currently removed all cIOS that is unused and left 236, 249, 250, 254 in there.

Here's my new SysCheck:
sysCheck v2.1.0b13 by Double_A and R2-D2199
...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).

Region: PAL
System Menu 4.3E (v514)
Priilaoder installed
Homebrew Channel 1.0.0 running on IOS0
Hollywood v0x11
Console ID: 108925078
Boot2 v4
Found 72 titles.
Found 46 IOS on this console. 3 of them are stub.

IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, Flash Access, NAND Access
IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS80 (rev 16174): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS90 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug
IOS236 (rev 54321): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 65535, Info: d2x-v10beta52): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6
MIOS v10

Report generated on 2014/05/18.

My games that are not working on GX (black screen, restarts to System Menu), BUT is working properly with MOD:
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Mario Party 9
Metroid Trilogy
etc.
(About 25% of my games are not working which I have about roughly 30)

USB Loader GX Rev 1226 IOS249 (Rev 65535) + AHB Settings:
Video Mode - Either Disc Default or Force NTSC 480p (I've got component cables, and set properly on System Menu properly)
DOL Video Patch - All (for component cables)
VIDTV Patch - OFF
Aspect Ratio - system Default (System Menu set to Widescreen)
Game Lanuage - Console Default (System Menu set to English and ALL games are NTSC-U)
Patch Country strings - OFF
Ocarina - OFF
Loader's IOS - 249
Game's IOS - 249
Quick Boot - OFF
Block IOS Reload - Auto
Return To - USB Loader GX
Nand Saves Emulation - Either set to Partial or Full (even tried settings to off, still same)
Nand Chan. Emulation -' Full
Hooktype - None
Wiird - OFF
Debugger - OFF
Channel Launcher - Main DOL

Please help.. I badly want to use GX as my main loader.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
kwanbis:
cIOS are for Wii games and channels.
Gamecube doesn't use cIOS at all.

There are different version/base available.
d2x v8 : latest stable
d2x v9: adds dual port support, better HDD support, less EmuNAND support.
as v9 created some issue with EmuNAND, it was split and released in two version:
d2x v10 (beta52): v8 + better HDD support
d2x v10-alt (beta53): adds dual port support, better HDD support, less EmuNAND support.

If you don't need Dual port support, install v8. If your HDD doesn't work, install v10.
if you need Port1, install v10 alt (beta53)

For the base:
The IOS with faster USB access is IOS56.
installing a cIOS with IOS56 as base is recommended.

some games require base 57 (but it's a little slower than 56).
That's why guides provides these two versions.
d2x base56 in slot 249 (for most games. fast)
d2x base57 in slot 250 (for problematic games)

-----
Gamecube:

There are different method to launch gamecube games.
MIOS (console in Gamecube mode) : DIOS MIOS / DIOS MIOS Lite
IOS (console in Wii mode) : Devolution, Nintendont

depending on the method/loader you choose, there will be different setup required.

Skanob:
try an older version, for example 3.0 (1180).
to see if the issue is something I changed in the loader since last release.

Your settings are fine (except for Dol video path, disable it if not required).

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS are for Wii games and channels. Gamecube doesn't use cIOS at all.

If you don't need Dual port support, install v8. If your HDD doesn't work, install v10.

There are different method to launch gamecube games.
MIOS (console in Gamecube mode) : DIOS MIOS / DIOS MIOS Lite
IOS (console in Wii mode) : Devolution, Nintendont
Great explanation.

1) So, to start fresh, do I need to reformat and re-upgrade to 4.3 first?
2) Then I nstall HBC.
3) Uhen I install d2x base 56 in slot 259 and base 57 in slot 250, and that's it.

I see there are 3 different USB Loader GX version 222, 249 and 250, I assume that each one works by default with each cIOS but all can work with any cIOS? And where do I get the latest version? Here http://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX or here https://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list ?

THANKS!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. you don't need to update to 4.3 (I'm still on 3.2!)
2. For HBC:
Press Home. If you are not using IOS58, install it and update HBC.
If you are already using IOS58, but are still using 1.0.6 or older, update HBC.
3. that's right.
4. Yeah, the three versions are exactly the same and you can change the cIOS in the settings. The only difference is the initial cIOS loaded if you don't have any settings.
5. mediafire = I post latest build there. Googlecode = sources only. Google disabled the possibility to add more files to the download tab, so use mediafire link.

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about cIOS revision? I have three options: 21008, 21 or 65535. Which ones should I use? for 249 and 250?

5. mediafire = I post latest build there. Googlecode = sources only. Google disabled the possibility to add more files to the download tab, so use mediafire link.
So, what is the latest version or the recommended one? R1226_IOS222-249-250 ?

And finally, I rather have them setup as channels, is there any problem with that?

THANKS AGAIN.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
21008 is best to understand which version you have. (cIOS rev21 d2x v8)

the revision is the internal data seen by the Wii and other homebrew.
this is the value Nintendo is using to determine if you need an update or if you are already up to date.

we used to set the revision to the same one as the cIOS version (cIOS rev17 has "revision 17" internally).
But nintendo released a fake IOS249 with revision number 65280 (wich updated and replaced the revision 17), so users started to maxed out the revision of the cIOS to 65535 (maximum value possible for an IOS) to prevent nintendo to trigger an update and replace the file if you ever accept an update (online or from disc).

If you don't plan to update your Wii from online or Disc, I recommend the format "21008", it's easy to understand which version you have.
It has no effect on the homebrew you will use, it's only aesthetic.

------
Yes, the current latest revision of USBLoaderGX is r1226.
Use the boot.dol located in the folder "IOS249".

If you want a channel, install the forwarder channel which will load the boot.dol located on SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
To update, you only need to replace the boot.dol on SD card.

Do not install the full channel (which is outdated).

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am having a tiny problem using this and other loaders with Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, basically the game booted perfectly with codes from my now defunct WBFS partition, when i went to try and play the same game again with codes it crashed, the loader does says it started but all i got was a black screen, but if i order it to start with no Ocarina it runs perfectly.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan, again I only mentioned the forwarder for legality reasons. In one of my previous posts I mentioned N64 games and some of the ones I have aren't in the shop channel so I didn't want to mention the names for that reason.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Skanob:
try an older version, for example 3.0 (1180).
to see if the issue is something I changed in the loader since last release.

Your settings are fine (except for Dol video path, disable it if not required).

Tried 3.0 (main ver), and is still the same. Then used the updated again and played around with the video mode. I tried every settings, from system default to force ntsc480p, and it is still the same, with the exception of ForcePal60 (returns to USBLoaderGX immidiately rather than restarting to System Menu). Turned off Dol patch. I'm trying to load up SSBB as the test game to see if it works.

I'm trying to check if its a game specific issue with GX, SSBB is dual layer, thinking could be that, but what about Mario Party 9? Am I the only with the problem?

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a channel, install the forwarder channel which will load the boot.dol located on SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol.

This is what I did to my Wii to try to be able to use USB Loader GX to run my backups from an NTFS/FAT32 partition.

1) Updated to 4.3

2) Formatted the Wii.

3) Used LetterBomb to install Homebrew Channel and BootMii2 (Step 1. Install Homebrew Channel of http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...backup-wii-gamecube-and-wiiware-games.360687/)

4) Backed up my Wii nand (Step 2. Backup Wii NAND of the previous URL)

5) Installed Priiloader (Step 3. Install Priiloader of the previous URL)

6) Installed d2x as follows (I did not try d2x v10beta52):
· d2x v8 base56 in slot 249 revision 21008
· d2x v8 base57 in slot 250 revision 21008

Following this guide: http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-g...llation-guide-original-wii-consoles-only.html

7) From http://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX downloaded "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad" and "R1226_IOS222-249-250.7z"

8) From the folde r1226_IOS249 copied boot.dol to SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/

9) Using WAD Manager 1.7 installed the "USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad”.

10) Formatted my 4GB pen drive to FAT32 (yes FAT32), and created a folder named WBFS. Inside that folder, I copied Super Mario All-Stars_[SVME01].wbfs and.... it WORKED! At least in FAT32 mode.

I would try NTFS and report back, but thanks for your time!

Reactions: Cyan

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
How do i make usb loader GX pick a different txt file to read? i accidentally downloaded a newer one and it has so many codes they cannot be displayed.

kwanbis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Cyan.

So I took the same USB drive that was formated in FAT32, formated it NTFS, created a WBFS folder, copied the same games into it, and it shows 0 games.

It shows that the pen drive has only about 2GB of 4GB, so it is clearly seeing it, but somehow it does not sees the games.

Any idea? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?