• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Cyan,
Question, there's a limit size for .gct code? I did several test and no matter what .gct over 3.31kb doesn't work, the game boot just fine but completely ignores the code, due Smash Brawl hacks are gigantic 3.31kb size seems not enough. Maybe there's no size limit and some code is screwing the things up.
Have you checked if the codes need to be edited? (Like filling in the size for a size modifier code where there are X's)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Have you checked if the codes need to be edited? (Like filling in the size for a size modifier code where there are X's)

Yes, they aren't custom codes that you need edit, they are general patch codes. It happens that when I delete 1 code to keep the gct low sized it works, if I add this code then it doesn't work.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have a goal or dream, and 5 years is a lot to even know if I'll still work on it or not. I'm only working on it to help other users (I don't use it a lot myself, nor use all the features).
I'm the current active dev working on it (maybe someone else will work on it after me?), but I can't do as much as I would like.I'm not a good programmer and can only do little things and few changes. I'm also not working a lot on it, so I don't know where it will be in years. Probably at the same state as it currently is. It might also depend what would happen in the future: When DM/L were released GC support was added, same for devolution and nintendont.
I work at my pace and don't have a roadmap, I choose what to do next randomly and based on my own priority/difficulty.

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I started to use emunand with Usb Loader GX few days ago, and i have a few questions:

1 - What's the best cIOS to use on emunand? i have cios 249 and 250 d2x v8, can i install d2x v9 and v10 in other slots, or this can cause me problems if i keep different revisions from d2x on my Wii ?

2 - Is there a way to force cIOS 224 on Usb Loader GX for emunand? Some games works better with this on Uloader, but USB Loader GX only let me use d2x cios

3 - Is there a way to make USB Loader GX to ignore my HDD and load only SD? To make the startup loading faster, i want to use Usb loader gx for emunand and only on SD

4 - I read that when you launch a wad from emunand, with the loader set to use ''Partial'' nand emulation, this is bad because is like if you launch the games from the SD Card Menu on System Menu, writing temporarily on the nand, and NAND has a limit of about 5000 writes... Is that true ?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

1 - You can install many cIOS in differents slots (same or different cIOS, like you want, it has no impact on the compatibility. Only one cIOS will be loaded at a time).
Best cIOS for emuNAND are :
d2x v8 base 56 and 57 : almost all Wiiware games and some VC are working with this one)
d2x v10 base 56 and 57 : This is an updated version of v8, with better HDD support. If v8 works fine for detecting your HDD, you don't need V10.
cIOS rev17 base 38 : Some Virtual Console and WiiWare work only with older cIOSes.
cIOS rev19 base 38? : Some N64 VC games need rev19

So you should need only 4 cIOS :
249 : d2x v8 [56]
250 : d2x v8 [57]
24x : cIOS rev17 (always base38)
24x : cIOS rev19 (I don't know the best base. I guess either 38 or 56 if available)

Attention, if you use cIOS rev17 and rev19 installer, it will overwrite your slot249 AND 250 automatically (you can't select destination slots). You can use Modmii to select a different installation slot and install them as wad files.

2 - cIOS 224 works ONLY with uLoader.
uLoader use a different Emulation method, which is completely different than the one used in USBLoaderGX/WiiFlow/CFG.
uLoader doesn't use an extracted NAND with installed channels, but read .wad files directly without installing them to EmuNAND.

3 - Not yet. It's a request I'll add in the next revision.

4 - That's (partially) not true.
- using "partial" doesn't copy the Wad to Wii each time you launch it. The official Nintendo's SD menu works like that, but not USB Loaders.
- NAND has a write limit. I don't think it's 5000, should be a lot higher (100 000 ? I don't remember)

EmuNAND is a copy of the Wii's file system: It contains all the Wii's internal files and folders on your SD or USB.
When you install a channel on EmuNAND, the channel's content is extracted from the .wad file and installed in your EmuNAND path (in files and folders format). When you launch a game with an USBLoader (not uloader), it tells the cIOS to redirect all file's Read/Write access from Wii NAND to SD or USB.
The game asks for a file, and get the asked file. It doesn't even know that the file is not read from the Wii. It doesn't care as long as it can access it.

The difference with partial and full is the redirected path.
Partial only redirect the /title/ folder, containing the save games.
Full redirects all files and folders access.

EmuNAND Save
"Partial" is used for Wii games, or for channels launched from Real NAND only.
It main purpose is to redirect all "save game" (the /title/ folder) to SD/USB, allowing you to save on SD instead of Wii. As it doesn't redirect other folders, the game still access the Wii's NAND to read Wii's setting (Wiimote synch, network) and Miis.

"Full" redirects ALL access to EmuNAND.
For Wii games it means that the saves are accessed on SD/USB, but also Wii's settings and Miis.
For Channels, it won't work if you don't have the channel's data installed on your EmuNAND as even the channel's data will be redirected.

EmuNAND Channel
This option affects only Channels installed on EmuNAND path and launched from the "Channel on EmuNAND" game listing choice in the 4th icon at the top of the loader.
"Full" : This option should always be on "Full" as it will use all the data from the emulated NAND (both Channel's data and save games). Using that setting will also use the EmuNAND's Mii and settings.

"Partial" : This option shouldn't be selected. It's a mixed state when it still access the Channel's data, Mii and Wii settings from the Real NAND, but save games from EmuNAND. You need the channel installed on your RealNAND for "partial" to work.
I think I'll remove this option in next revision.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There's no official Wad files after 3.0, all revisions are released to be used with the Homebrew channel or a forwarder channel.
You can inject the boot.dol into an existing USBLoaderGX wad, but it will break some features (like Auto-update, but there's currently no version available for auto-update so it's fine. Just remember that you'll have to update the Wad manually each time there's a release. I think it's easier to only install a Forwarder Wad, and replace the boot.dol on SD card on each updates).

Deacon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. Long time modded Wii user here with a small question. Ill try and provide as much detail as I can but if you need more info just ask.

I have a 4.1U Wii that's using USB Loader GX Rev1209 IOS249. Everything works great but I was hoping to make things a little simpler for friends and the kids.

I have USB Loader GX set to auotoboot on startup using Priiloader. And what I'm trying to do is load WiiMC through USB Loader GXs hombrew browser. But when I try loading WiiMC it boots to a black screen and I'm forced to restart the Wii.

The version of WiiMC im using is 1.3.2 IOS 58 and I'm using a WD Passport HDD with one FAT32 partition to store both my movies and games. WiiMC works fine when loaded through the HBC.

And here is where it gets really weird. If after starting the Wii and it autoboots to USB Loader GX, I exit to the HBC, load WiiMC, exit to HBC, load USB Loader GX, and then load WiiMC through the built in homebrew browser it loads just fine.

I'm thinking it has something to do with autobooting USB Loader GX instead of loading it through the HBC but I'm not sure. It's not a huge problem but it would help me alot not having to teach people another 3 or 4 steps and risk them messing something up to watch a movie. Thanks for reading guys.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
It's indeed because you are auto-booting the loader from priiloader.
Priiloader doesn't grant hardware access to loaded homebrew.

What you need to do is auto-boot the USBLoaderGX's forwarder, and place the USBLoaderGX Boot.dol on SD card.
The forwarder will get hardware access and will provide it to the loader, which in turns will provide it to WiiMC.

Look in the "All in one package" on USBLoaderGX googlecode download page. Inside the package you will find the /wad/forwaderDOL/forwarderV5.1.dol
this is the file you need to install in priiloader.

If it still doesn't work, If priiloader can auto-boot an installed channel you can install the Forwarder channel (UNEO) from the package too.
If it doesn't, you can still install the forwarder channel and tells priiloader to boot to system menu. If you launch the loader from the system menu it will work too. It's not auto-booting, but for kids it's easier than using HBC.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hello all. Long time modded Wii user here with a small question. Ill try and provide as much detail as I can but if you need more info just ask.

I have a 4.1U Wii that's using USB Loader GX Rev1209 IOS249. Everything works great but I was hoping to make things a little simpler for friends and the kids.

I have USB Loader GX set to auotoboot on startup using Priiloader. And what I'm trying to do is load WiiMC through USB Loader GXs hombrew browser. But when I try loading WiiMC it boots to a black screen and I'm forced to restart the Wii.

The version of WiiMC im using is 1.3.2 IOS 58 and I'm using a WD Passport HDD with one FAT32 partition to store both my movies and games. WiiMC works fine when loaded through the HBC.

And here is where it gets really weird. If after starting the Wii and it autoboots to USB Loader GX, I exit to the HBC, load WiiMC, exit to HBC, load USB Loader GX, and then load WiiMC through the built in homebrew browser it loads just fine.

I'm thinking it has something to do with autobooting USB Loader GX instead of loading it through the HBC but I'm not sure. It's not a huge problem but it would help me alot not having to teach people another 3 or 4 steps and risk them messing something up to watch a movie. Thanks for reading guys.
Another option (you just gave me an idea) if you have BootMii installed as Boot2 (or if Priiloader can be set to autoboot bootmii ... I don't remember off hand) is you could use this http://www.mediafire.com/download/e70vs9e1mu0hz5e/Bootmii-Forwader-Loader-UNEO.zip
AND install the UNEO forwarder channel that Cyan mentioned.
It's based off of the WiiFlow BootMii forwarder. If you have BootMii as Boot2 all you have to do is put the armboot.bin file from the download into a folder called bootmii on your SD card ( sd:/bootmii/armboot.bin ). When you start your Wii, BootMii will load the file, the file will run the UNEO forwarder channel (install it if you don't have it) which would give it AHBPROT access and that channel would run USB Loader GX.
(again I don't remember if Priiloader has an option to autoload bootmii but if it does, that would have the same effect, too)

EDIT : Actually, even if PriiLoader doesn't have a BootMii autoboot option, I'm sure there's some homebrew that's just meant to load bootmii that you could install into priiloader that could do the same thing. If not, I'm sure I could make one or just embed the armboot into nswitch to make such a DOL

Darko777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem. I am trying to load my usb loader gx but it doesn't recognize my 32 gb usb pne attaché (I checked a compatibility list beforehand and it is compatible). My usb loader gx just gets to the usb loader gx loading screen (not even the games screen). I have marble kororimpa on the usb drive (and I know that the ISO works because it shows it does on the wbfs manager). I have tried many things, like both USB ports and going to homebrew first then putting in the usb and none of it works. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have version 4.3U. Happy Halloween!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this may be just the NAND dump I'm using, but I figured I should report this issue...

USB loader gx is not reading the banners for my emunand games any more. They work in wiiflow, and I've even tried point GX to use the wiiflow cache folder but it still fails. I thought it was my enclosure so i bought a new one (that i know has worked before) and it still fails. this also makes GX lock up when using the wii menu view mode.

i don't think its the nand dump since wiiflow works with it. and the games launch fine from GX as well. my other wii's work just fine with GX too. im on latest R1218. cache is on SD card. i can always redo the nand to check if thats the problem. and wii banners work fine as well.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you use a previous version, does it fix your problem?
I've read few users reporting this issue (banner not displayed, only rendered as black), but it's the first time I see report about the loader locking up.
If you can find which revision, or which game create this problem it will help me find what's wrong.

Silentleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was just wondering if there was a way to load GC cames from an HDD without having to copy them to SD, or do I have to copy it for every game?

Edit: Also after copying the game and running it, I get "Fatal Error: Apploader Size is Zero"

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess you are talking about GameCube backups, and more precisely using DIOS MIOS.

it depends wich version you installed:
DIOS MIOS : plays backup only from USB
DIOS MIOS Lite : plays backup only from SD

You can play directly from USB, but you need updated applications:
- Install DIOS MIOS 2.10 instead of DIOS MIOS Lite
- update USBLoaderGX to latest revision r1218 to support DIOS MIOS (not to latest version 3.0, which is compatible only DIOS MIOS Lite).

Silentleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you are talking about GameCube backups, and more precisely using DIOS MIOS.

it depends wich version you installed:
DIOS MIOS : plays backup only from USB
DIOS MIOS Lite : plays backup only from SD

You can play directly from USB, but you need updated applications:
- Install DIOS MIOS 2.10 instead of DIOS MIOS Lite
- update USBLoaderGX to latest revision r1218 to support DIOS MIOS (not to latest version 3.0, which is compatible only DIOS MIOS Lite).

Thank you! I'll try that out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: