• Start date
  • Views 7,223,629
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having some trouble with a couple of games (Bonsai Barber & Magic Marker) through emunand. they both boot through having a copy of my nand on the root of my usb, but both games say there is not enough space to create a save game, there is, could anyone point me in the direction of some settings etc. I could try.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I thought Bonsai Barber was not working on EmuNAND. Maybe it requires a specific cIOS version like few problematic games.
I don't know Magic Marker state regarding EmuNAND.

If you have your EmuNAND path on the root of your drive, then you can try older cIOS (rev17 to 21, base 38)
install them in different slots (keep your d2x in 249/250), and set this slot in your individual game's setting.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I've got rev19 base 38 installed on 248, as stated in the guide at the bottom of page 850 in this thread, but I'm specifically having this issue with it saying there are no blocks available for a save even though I'm using emunand for my saves. I've tried using my realnand for saves, over 300 blocks, but still no joy.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
other games are correctly using EmuNAND to store save files?
on the previous page, someone said he had problem with saving on EmuNAND, it's always saving to real NAND even when using Partial or Full. (but that's when he is using channel installed on Real NAND).

tell me if it's trying to save on real NAND even when using channel on EmuNAND.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Are there any special settings for H.A.W.X 2 to be able to play it. I know its ios56 (cIOS249[56]-d2x-v8-final) but all I get isa a black screen im going for video but cant seem to find rite combo. P.S. I tried it on my P.C and CFG and it works 100%

Uzumaki Naruto Jr.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
forums.parukia.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I am new here, and I have a problem I need help with. I get 'Fatal error apploader size is zero'
I am trying to play GameCube backups on my Wii. [4.3U] It is soft-modded.
I followed this video completely.
I have the most recent Home brew Channel. I installed the DIOS MIOS v2.10 wad. I also installed USB Loader GX v3.0 r1215. I can load the app from the home brew channel, it loads. Then when I try to load a Gamecube .ISO, it loads the DIOS MIOS Splash screen then it says, 'Fatal error apploader size is zero'. I have IOS 249 installed. My USB works and it is compatible. But I cannot load a game that is gamecube. The game by the way is 'Pokemon XD; Gale of Darkness'. Someone please help. Thanks.

I think I may have the incorrect configuration for the loader, but I haven't changed much on it. Can someone please explain step-by-step how to fix this.

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I am new here, and I have a problem I need help with. I get 'Fatal error apploader size is zero'
I am trying to play GameCube backups on my Wii. [4.3U] It is soft-modded.
I followed this video completely.
I have the most recent Home brew Channel. I installed the DIOS MIOS v2.10 wad. I also installed USB Loader GX v3.0 r1215. I can load the app from the home brew channel, it loads. Then when I try to load a Gamecube .ISO, it loads the DIOS MIOS Splash screen then it says, 'Fatal error apploader size is zero'. I have IOS 249 installed. My USB works and it is compatible. But I cannot load a game that is gamecube. The game by the way is 'Pokemon XD; Gale of Darkness'. Someone please help. Thanks.

I think I may have the incorrect configuration for the loader, but I haven't changed much on it. Can someone please explain step-by-step how to fix this.

chop

Trophies
XP
Country
other games are correctly using EmuNAND to store save files?
on the previous page, someone said he had problem with saving on EmuNAND, it's always saving to real NAND even when using Partial or Full. (but that's when he is using channel installed on Real NAND).

tell me if it's trying to save on real NAND even when using channel on EmuNAND.

Other games save on emunand correctly, I think this is a CIOS issue, I've created a save on my real nand, then dumped it to the emunand, the game wont see either saying that my nand/emunand is full whichever way I try to run the game.

zackarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What versions of IOS to associate with the cIOS 249 and 250?
I use differents Wii games (like Mario kart Wii, DJ hero 1 & 2, Guilty gear XX accent core PLUS and others).
No WW or VC channels (I will try tomorrow with a full NAND).
So first sorry Cyan to have been slow to respond.
I reinstall with cIOS with the ''d2x cios install v3.2 fr'' and now it works. I tried WW and VC by installing the emulated NAND and it also works.
Thank you very much again for your support.

Otherwise Quadforce v4.1 does it work with an emulated NAND (he does not want to install and games (F-Zero AX & co) there is no option to choose the emulated NAND)?

HypnoDroid4000

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, I currently have USB LOADER GX 3.0 installed as a full channel on my Wii, I would like to update it to a beta version (Rev 215).
As of now I am running the beta version from the homebrew channel.
Any ideas?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Using a full channel is a bad idea...you should use a forwarder instead and you'll be able to update USBLGX at anytime

if you really want to use a full channel, then you have to inject boot.dol from USBLGX rev1215 in the official forwarder. ShowMiiWads or CustomizeMii can do that in a few clicks

Reactions: Rydian

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
injecting the r1215 (or any other "non channel version") into the Full channel is not recommended for long term usage.
The auto-update function is checking if you are using the Full channel version or the HBC version to decide which file to download and install.

If you have the "Channel" boot.dol inside the Full Channel, then it will download the "Channel" update and install it as Wad file on your Wii.
If you inject the "HBC's app" boot.dol, it will not update the channel but instead download the HBC app's boot.dol and place it on your SD or USB. Launching the loader from the Full Channel will still load the injected dol, not the updated one.

Of course, if you are fully aware of that issue, you can inject your own boot.dol, just remember that you need to reinstall the channel manually when there are new official or beta release.
It's easier to use the Forwarder if you plan to often update it manually, it's easier to just copy a file on SD.

There's also the "reboot" menu which will not work (it will reload the device/app_path/boot.dol instead of the channel).
Well, it could be used as "reload the updated version located on the SD card instead of the channel" after you updated to a new boot.dol on SD when using the Full channel.
Full channel + reboot = forwarder channel

I'll ask to users to not provide beta injected channel's links, to prevent users to download and install it without understanding what they are doing and reporting false update bug in the future. thanks

Magnus87

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Cyan, it is time to add homebrew applications to the list of sources? Like to GC games and V/Nand Channels

7611848338_40f50456f7_z.jpg
7611848164_08768bdafa_z.jpg

BNR file = icon.png+meta.xml

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That was planned, but I don't have time to add it.
If I can release v3.1 with only two more feature it will be great. ( move/delete for multidisc games, re-add wad installation feature for Full channel internal-update)
I'll see what other improvements I can do only after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one