• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Cyan, there's a problem in ULGX, in the display of game info, controllers compatibility, etc, it will not show the
33px-WiiWiFi.svg.png
icon with the number of online players if the online players are: 10 or 6 (which is the case for CoD games, and Last Story), the "10" and "6" icons are missing it seems.
I will take a look. Thanks.

I updated quickly to r1215 to support QuadForce 4.1 through USB, but I forgot to add DIOS MIOS (Lite) 2.10 version detection :P
Well, it works fine, it will only be detected as "2.9+"

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@cyan
While trying QF4.1 I wanted to download the custom banners from dropbox server and got the message files not found on the server
I'm sure they are there, I uploaded them long time ago
tried both 1214 and 1215, can you please take a look?
Fzero Ax and VS4-2k6 ID: GFZJ8P & GVSJ8P banner files are online and can be downloaded manually from here!
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/101209384/GFZJ8P.bnr
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/101209384/GVSJ8P.bnr

Edit: I retested with fileden server and files downloaded successfully
might be some security check or something in dropbox it seems

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There a way to install both DM and DML at the same time by using both real/emulated NAND.
I think you need neek2o support, which the loader doesn't have yet.

There's a tutorial somewhere on the forum, but I never checked nor tried it.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can install the wad via showmiiwads, not sure if games work correctly on usb loader gx via nand emu. I know wiiflow works great though.

zackarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use modmii by XFlak to create an emulated nand.
thank you for your answer.

But I don't understand, it is not possible to use the NAND created by USB Loader GX with "Features Settings> Dump NAND to EmuNand"?
Am I forced to use Neek (and variants)? In my opinon, it's complicated.
Can you tell me how to make a simpler version (especially since I'm interested in QuadForce)?
I'd like something like launch the game directly from the menu and have a NAND's management in background.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can use your dumped nand, or even an extracted bootmii nand.
the ModMii NAND is just a "clean" NAND created from scratch with no past historic/settings/game save/etc.
I think ModMii also add the required files for neek2o (but I never checked, I could wrong). You can add the files manually to your dump if needed.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok this may be a dumb question but I only ask because I could not find it on page 1 how do you switch between the old "Rotating Disc" and the new "Banner Animation"? Also how to get the game info to show up for each game?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
- Rotating disc : In 3.0 it was replaced by the Banner animation by default. You can put back the rotating disc by going into Settings > GUI settings > Game Window : Rotating Disc <->Banner animation.
in a recent revision, I added a third choice : Mixed (Banner animation only on banner layout, Rotating disc in three other layouts)

- Info for each game in any layout : Press 1 (or 2, I never remember). The wiimote button is the default method to display the game info. We added later a link in the "rotating disc" game window, but it wasn't the default method to display that page.

Reactions: mkdms14

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- Rotating disc : In 3.0 it was replaced by the Banner animation by default. You can put back the rotating disc by going into Settings > GUI settings > Game Window : Rotating Disc <->Banner animation.
in a recent revision, I added a third choice : Mixed (Banner animation only on banner layout, Rotating disc in three other layouts)

- Info for each game in any layout : Press 1 (or 2, I never remember). The wiimote button is the default method to display the game info. We added later a link in the "rotating disc" game window, but it wasn't the default method to display that page.

Thanks a bunch by the way I am having a little trouble loading gamecube games. I am using DML 2.2 or 2.4 (can't remember which) I get a "error app_entry is not within the apploader." Do I need the latest version of DML to get it to work?

zackarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can use your dumped nand, or even an extracted bootmii nand.
the ModMii NAND is just a "clean" NAND created from scratch with no past historic/settings/game save/etc.
I think ModMii also add the required files for neek2o (but I never checked, I could wrong). You can add the files manually to your dump if needed.
Hello Cyan,
I want to know how to use an emulated NAND because when I dump my real NAND with "Features Settings> Dump NAND to EmuNand" or when I create one with ModMii, it does not work. The paths "Nand Emu Path" & "Nand Emu Channel Path" are well informed.
I'm putting the "Nand Saves Emulation" option on Partial and Full, all games use their saves only on the real NAND.
I need to install some other things?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To use the EmuNAND, you need d2x cIOS v4+

if you use Partial, you don't need to make a NAND dump (you can, but it's not required).
When using partial, it's creating the required folders used by the savegame in the "EmuNAND Save" path.
If you use Full, then you need to make a full NAND dump first, and it will use the settings/mii from that Emulated NAND too.

If you made a NAND Dump before using the partial option, maybe you thought it was the real NAND save because they were both at the same state?
Please check again the settings, and the current save files to be sure it's using the Real NAND save even if set to partial. Check your global and game settings too.

If it really don't use your Emulated NAND path, then I don't know why it's not working.

Mintoisgod

Trophies
XP
Country
So sorry to bug you guys with a question you've probably heard a thousand times, but I'm having some trouble. I'm using USB Loader GX 3.0, and I've installed a few games to my hard drive, however when I try to play any of the games, I just get a black screen. Anyone able to help out here? The games in question are Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario.

zackarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To use the EmuNAND, you need d2x cIOS v4+

if you use Partial, you don't need to make a NAND dump (you can, but it's not required).
When using partial, it's creating the required folders used by the savegame in the "EmuNAND Save" path.
If you use Full, then you need to make a full NAND dump first, and it will use the settings/mii from that Emulated NAND too.

If you made a NAND Dump before using the partial option, maybe you thought it was the real NAND save because they were both at the same state?
Please check again the settings, and the current save files to be sure it's using the Real NAND save even if set to partial. Check your global and game settings too.

If it really don't use your Emulated NAND path, then I don't know why it's not working.
I have a Wii 4.3E with d2x v10 (I used Pimp my Wii for upgrade the cIOS).
I'll try tomorrow the partial mode.
I'm sure the emulated NAND doesn't work because I made a dump with all the save, then I transfer to my SD card ont save (example Mario kart Wii) and after I launch the game with an emulated NAND and the full mode. The game recreates a new save and when I go to the save manager in the real NAND, I see this new save.

ccuevasm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Cyan,
I want to know how to use an emulated NAND because when I dump my real NAND with "Features Settings> Dump NAND to EmuNand" or when I create one with ModMii, it does not work. The paths "Nand Emu Path" & "Nand Emu Channel Path" are well informed.
I'm putting the "Nand Saves Emulation" option on Partial and Full, all games use their saves only on the real NAND.
I need to install some other things?

Could you check if the EmunNand reading/writing works when the EmuNand is on the root of the usb and you point the Nand Emu Path and Nand Emu Channel Path there? (Don't know exactly which is used to read and which to write.

From googlecode (before r1214 and r1215 were released):
Yesterday I tried the r1213 version. I don't know if this is deliberate, no matter which is the emunand path, the emunand is always created on the root of the device, in my case usb1.

I tried previous version until I found which one is the first version where this happens: r1208.

The previous version, r1207mod1, creates the emunand in the path you set. Since r1208 to r1213, the emunand is always created in the root patch of the device, even when the path in the config file points to the nand folder.

BTW, I am using d2x v8final. Tested usb loader gx versions: r1180 (3.0), r1202, r1205, r1207mod1, r1208, r1211, and r1213.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am attempting to compile r1215 to incorporate the Tabs MOD by Garfunkiel, files provided as here:

I implemented tabs like in PJM's mockup and posted them in this topic back in August. First tab is Wii games, second is GameCube, and third is WiiWare/VC on emulated NAND.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXTkozRUJsTVhQNXc
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXYmlwQ0xMai1Ibm8

Changed files:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2O7PgaXgSOXVEo5VlBEODdnLU0

.....But I keep getting error every time, as here:

> "make"
FreeTypeGX.cpp
In file included from c:/Users/######/Desktop/source/source/FreeTypeGX.cpp:23:0:
c:/Users/######/Desktop/source/source/FreeTypeGX.h:27:22: fatal error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [FreeTypeGX.o] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2
> Process Exit Code: 2

.....FreeTypeGX cpp and h files appear to be present at the correct directory.
could anybody point me in the right direction as to where I'm going wrong?

Later on in the thread, user shag posted these png images and a .patch file - but I dont know how to compile using it :(
If it would be better then please let me know to use the .patch file
any help much appreciated
:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ