• Likes 48

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you have a svn client integrated to windows (like tortoise svn), you can put the .patch in the trunk folder, then right-click on the .patch file>Tortoise>Apply patch
it will analyze your sources and if the patch can be applied without conflicting with newer changes.
If all is fine (no red filename in the modified file's list), right click on the little file's list and select Patch all.

About your error, you need to download the provided libraries from here:
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-...c_portlibs_20120506_devkitPPC_R26.7z&can=2&q=

extract/replace the content in your devkitpro/libogc/ and devkitpro/portlib/ folders

Reactions: fatherjack

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can have both slick svn and tortoise installed if you want.

slick svn use command lines, instead of "make" try "patch filename.patch"
I don't know if it's the correct command line. Maybe it's "patch apply filename.patch", or something else.

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wonder if somebody can help me with an odd "feature" I'm having with the latest USB Loader GX. I'm trying to play Metal Gear Solid using DIOS MIOS v2.10. I've put the iso's into their own sub-folder. Game.iso & disc2.iso. When I boot up USB Loader GX and run Metal Gear Solid with DIOS MIOS, it gives me the option of disc1 or disc2. Naturally I choose disc 1 then DIOS MIOS crashes with an error. When I reboot and try disc 2 the game then runs. So I renamed the iso files so that Disc2.iso becomes Game.iso and vice-versa. THe re-named Disc 1 still errors, but disc 2 boots and the game starts, the same as the previous configuration. Am I missing something obvious?

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I will take a look. Thanks.

I updated quickly to r1215 to support QuadForce 4.1 through USB, but I forgot to add DIOS MIOS (Lite) 2.10 version detection :P
Well, it works fine, it will only be detected as "2.9+"
I made the missing icons for 10 and 6 players online, hopefully they are usefull, I used the same font as the original.

fxw5ra.png

2py1gyp.png

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wonder if somebody can help me with an odd "feature" I'm having with the latest USB Loader GX. I'm trying to play Metal Gear Solid using DIOS MIOS v2.10. I've put the iso's into their own sub-folder. Game.iso & disc2.iso. When I boot up USB Loader GX and run Metal Gear Solid with DIOS MIOS, it gives me the option of disc1 or disc2. Naturally I choose disc 1 then DIOS MIOS crashes with an error. When I reboot and try disc 2 the game then runs. So I renamed the iso files so that Disc2.iso becomes Game.iso and vice-versa. THe re-named Disc 1 still errors, but disc 2 boots and the game starts, the same as the previous configuration. Am I missing something obvious?
I tested with r1215, DIOS MIOS 2.10 and Tales of Symphonia.
It works when I launch Disc1.

I don't know why it crash for you.

The error is a Code dump ?
Could you take a screenshot of the numbers displayed in code dump, and tell me your exact revision of USBLoaderGX? (well, you should try with r1215 first, if it crash then take the screenshot of the code dump)

Edit:
@OriginalHamster : I added your icons, and it works fine. thanks :)
It will be on the next revision.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From googlecode (before r1214 and r1215 were released):
I've tested dumping my NAND with r1215 and it correctly dumped it into my NandEmu Path (in a subfolder), not on the root.

I've changed NAND emulation in r1208, but it's nothing related to NAND dump, it was only for game launching.
I'll do more tests, but currently I didn't find any bug in the Dump feature.

Cyan, REV1215, DIOS MIOS 2.10

Gets to the DIOS MIOS splash screen and it comes up with "a! al error app_entry is not within the apploader are"
When I swap the discs around so that disc2 is the gameid.iso I get "Fatal error apploader size is zero!"
This is a DIOS MIOS (Lite) error.

usually, it's users with DIOS MIOS Lite which have the first error, and it's fixed by formating the SD card.
But you said you used DIOS MIOS + USB. Maybe try defragmenting your partition, or write the ISO again (maybe bad dump).
Delete the file and the folder, then create them again.

Your second error is usually when DIOS MIOS (Lite) can't find the ISO (wrong partition, wrong filename, etc.) or can't find the boot inside the ISO (bad dump), or it's trying to boot the Disc in your drive instead of the ISO (wrong loader's setting/version).

nightwaxon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the info. A redump might be in order. Bizarre that I can still play it by selecting disc2 :wacko:

Fixed. I misread the instructions.

Disc 1 has to be named "game.iso". I'd named it "GGSEA4.iso". I'd correctly name the second iso as "disc2.iso", hence why that loaded. Renamed "GGSEA4.iso" to "game.iso" and it works like a charm.

Apologies for the confusion. :shy:

zackarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could you check if the EmunNand reading/writing works when the EmuNand is on the root of the usb and you point the Nand Emu Path and Nand Emu Channel Path there? (Don't know exactly which is used to read and which to write.

From googlecode (before r1214 and r1215 were released):
So I tested the paths "sd :/", "sd :/ nand /", "usb1 :/" and "usb1 :/ nand /" for "Nand Emu Path" and the modes "Partial" (leaving USB Loader GX create the missing files in the NAND's folder) and "Full" (after a dump of the NAND). I launch the same game every time and in every cases, the save is created in the real NAND and not in the emulated NAND (I delete a save every time in the real NAND for the tests).
I have a problem with d2x's cIOS?

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to force the display to be in interlace mode? Both DM/DML and Quadforce likes to display the splash screen in 480p if component cables are used, but my TV can't support progressive scan... If it's not possible, could I make a request for a future release to be able to do that? Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't force the splash screen to display in interlace, but you can force the game's display mode.
in the game settings (or loader's setting if you want to do it for all your games), set the settings like that:

Video mode : force NTSC 480i
DML Video mode : Use loader settings (instead of Auto)

the "DML Video mode" can be either :
Auto : lets DM(L) auto detect and patch the preferred video mode based on game region/Wii settings/used cable
none : no auto detection/forced video mode. (required for few games, like Mario golf)
Use Loader Settings : use the loader's "Video Mode" option available at the top of the game's settings page.

So I tested the paths "sd :/", "sd :/ nand /", "usb1 :/" and "usb1 :/ nand /" for "Nand Emu Path" and the modes "Partial" (leaving USB Loader GX create the missing files in the NAND's folder) and "Full" (after a dump of the NAND). I launch the same game every time and in every cases, the save is created in the real NAND and not in the emulated NAND (I delete a save every time in the real NAND for the tests).
I have a problem with d2x's cIOS?
I don't know. You can try to re-install the cIOS and see if it helps. sometime cIOS are corrupted (it often creates Wiimote un-synching, but maybe other problem can occurs too).

Which game did you try ?
A Wii game or a channel ?

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
the "DML Video mode" can be either :
Auto : lets DM(L) auto detect and patch the preferred video mode based on game region/Wii settings/used cable
none : no auto detection/forced video mode. (required for few games, like Mario golf)
Use Loader Settings : use the loader's "Video Mode" option available at the top of the game's settings page.

I think that the "Auto" option does what you described in the "none" option, and viceversa (GX 3.0 r1212):

- if a game (PAL version) with 50/60 hz selector screen at the beginning is launched while configured to "none", the selector screen does not appear and video mode is automatically set to the "best" (usually to 60 hz) according to your system configuration. It seems more reasonable to me that if the selector screen does not appear and video mode is automatically set, this option should be the "Auto".

- if the game is launched while configured to "Auto", the 50/60 hz selector screen appears and the player has to choose one of them. Since DML does not choose the video mode automatically, this one should be the "none" option.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the "Auto" is not for "best", it's for "let DML use his own automatic detection". (which may or may not be the best one, as it's based on detected region/cable)
the "none" is "don't let DML change anything".

It's always compared to what DML is doing, not what the user see. I understand that it can be confusing if "none" is better, but it's a point of view, and on a programing point of view the setting's name is correct.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose it depens on one's point of view and probably you are right since you are the one working on it. Maybe I'm so focused in my point of view that I can't see the other way around but, talking from my own experience, when I configure the DML Video Mode to "Auto", Video Mode is not automatically set.

And when that option is set to "none", DML automatically chooses, not the "best", but the most appropriate mode according, as you said, to your system configuration and cable you're using.

That said, from my own point of view, both options work great, but they have swapped names.

zackarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know. You can try to re-install the cIOS and see if it helps. sometime cIOS are corrupted (it often creates Wiimote un-synching, but maybe other problem can occurs too).

Which game did you try ?
A Wii game or a channel ?

What versions of IOS to associate with the cIOS 249 and 250?
I use differents Wii games (like Mario kart Wii, DJ hero 1 & 2, Guilty gear XX accent core PLUS and others).
No WW or VC channels (I will try tomorrow with a full NAND).

Nonethewiser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this issue has been addressed here before but I wanted to verify some things. I am using this loader and have installed the dios mios wad because i'm trying to run gc games from gx loader from my usb. I've gotten the game im testing to show up in the interface (had to redirect path from sd to usb) but when i try to run it it prompts me to copy my game to the sd. I have version 3.0 downloaded from the first page of this thread and dios mios 2.10.

I see you replied to this same issue here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-and-dios-mios-wanting-to-copy-to-sd.336053/
I did some digging and it looks like you were refering this guy to this page http://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-816
I was wondering I should replace my current version of gx with this revision or if there is now a different one. Also, if you could direct me to somewhere explaining the manual installation process for the revision that would be awesome as well.

EDIT: found more specific, recent info here. http://gbatemp.net/threads/loading-from-usb-with-dios-mios-booter-problems.348748/ so simple! Don't worry i'll be back.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
version 3.0 is too old for DIOS MIOS (USB), because DIOS MIOS (USB) was released AFTER USBLoaderGX version 3.0
Version 3.0 only know DIOS MIOS Lite (SD).
You need to update manually to a beta release, by downloading the loader's executable (boot.dol) and place it on your SD card (/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol) then launch from Homebrew channel.

current latest version is : revision 1215
(use 7zip to extract the content and use the boot.dol located in the folder IOS249)

"installing the new version" is only a matter of copying a file from a Zip to your SD card. that's not harder than that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o