• Likes 48

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Other loaders work fine with the newer cIOS 249 (d2x v8 base 56)?
if you put homebrew on the USB drive (in /apps/ folder), are they correctly found by the homebrew channel?

I suppose the drive works fine with HBC and other homebrew & loaders, but I don't understand why it's not detected with GX anymore.
I don't understand a lot how these HDD are detected & mounted, it was another developer (Dimok) who used to fix these problems.
I can't guarantee you I will fix it, but I can check what's different with older revision and other loaders.
I actually had to test if the HBC was finding apps on my HDD since I've been using SD since the HBC was released, but it does find and boot the apps. I know very little about coding and such, but is it at all possible to replace the newer boot process with the old boot process from 1.0? Whether you're able to fix it or not, I appreciate the help so far, thanks.

How are you launching usb loader gx? If it's using a forwarder channel then are you using the latest? http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Also what IOS is the dol built for that you are you using, 222/249/250? Do you have hermes installed in 222 and d2x in 249/250? What version of IOS58 do you have installed? Have up updated to system menu 4.3?
Launching GX from HBC. I've tried each of the .dols, with 249 being the most successful. Hermes installed in 222 and d2x in 249/250. Not a clue what version of IOS58 is installed, but if Modmii keeps track of it, I should have the latest. I'm on system menu 4.1U.

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought r1202 was giving problems with DML?
Not for me. What kind of problems?
There are some issues with loading ocarina codes on DML, but I think they were present in previous revisions too.
I haven't encountered any issues wiht DML 2.2 and USGX r1202.

I'm using DM (not tested on DML) and yea r1202 has issues with this at least for me. I tried r1202 for Mario Kart Double Dash - the Diosmios window show up but then blackscreen and it stop working. Then i tried r1191 which seems to work perfectly fine for Mario Kart DD. But i don't know how it works with other games just got this game.

I have a question, why do the newer builds not work well with DiosMios? If i'm right all those builds are based on their previous once..

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using DM (not tested on DML) and yea r1202 has issues with this at least for me. I tried r1202 for Mario Kart Double Dash - the Diosmios window show up but then blackscreen and it stop working. Then i tried r1191 which seems to work perfectly fine for Mario Kart DD. But i don't know how it works with other games just got this game.

I have a question, why do the newer builds not work well with DiosMios? If i'm right all those builds are based on their previous once..
One thing you could check is to make sure you have the DML video mode and progressive patch set to their default values, just in case.
I would try Video Mode set to "Disc Default" and Prog Patch to "None".
Of course you are probably using the PAL version, while I'm using the NTSC version, so if there are differences there, I wouldn't know.

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tried your suggestion still it doesn't work with r1202, thank you anways. I use the r1191 build which works fine for me. i hope usb loader gx is going to expand the nmm thing and expand its compatibility for wiiware/vc soon.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried your suggestion still it doesn't work with r1202, thank you anways. I use the r1191 build which works fine for me. i hope usb loader gx is going to expand the nmm thing and expand its compatibility for wiiware/vc soon.
Well, NMM is a feature of DM/DML so USBGX can't do anything about its compatibility, other than support it.
The expanded WiiWare/VC compatibility is something I look forward to, very much, and I believe it will happen when support for uneek nand loading is added, like in Wiiflow. Cyan has expressed interest in supporting it. Another way to increase compatibility is allowing the use of 38rev17 for nand loading, which I had suggested but I'm starting to think we could skip that, as neek nand loading is probably the best way to go.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
in the last revisions I changed a lot the way the video mode are selected.
depending on the revision you are using, it might affect the game differently.
In previous version I set the video mode in a way so that it work with all games I tested (It worked but it was not a clean source code).
r1202 should have the best setting (keep DML video to "Auto" and it will use both your game and console's region setting).
But you can force the video mode manually if needed.
Some games require that you use "None" in DML video mode too. (like Mario tennis/golf).

Maybe there are still some improvement to do, but I hardly get users reports (it takes a lot of time so I understand), so I test only from PAL wii.

The known problem in 1202 is with DML+ocarina on SD card.
And a lot of users seems to have problem in DM(L) version detection.
I'll try to work on it this weekend.

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you know if it is possible to turn off the wii after playing a gamecube game without pressing the power off button? Because this seems to make it stuck in blackscreen if you try to bootup the next gamecube game.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if it is possible to turn off the wii after playing a gamecube game without pressing the power off button? Because this seems to make it stuck in blackscreen if you try to bootup the next gamecube game.
Yes. Under USB GX general settings, find DML Padhook and turn it on.
Then, from any gamecube game, use one of the following combos:

Reset: (R + Z + Start)
Power off: (R + Z + B + D-Pad Down)

Reset will take you to the Wii SM. If you have Priiloader or the hacked ppcboot.elf that takes you directly to USB GX, then you'll end up back at the loader.

Reactions: 1 person

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recommend that you enable PadHook in the global settings, this way all your games will have this feature without bothering going in each games one by one to set this option, or forget to set it before launching the game, etc.
Disable it on a game by game basis if required (few games doesn't work with it).

Reactions: 1 person

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you guys you are great,
i have another question. Since 'Emu Nand Path' does only affect Wii Games is there another way to save/load WiiWare/VC Savegames onto the RealNand?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you launch channels located on real nand, it will save on real nand.
but if you launch from emuNand Channel path, then it will save on that path, not on the real nand.

Though, there's an option in the settings to choose the way to launch/save the channels. By default it's set to Full emulation, but I didn't try the other choice.
Maybe that's what you are looking for. but I don't know, I never tested that a lot nor checked the sources for that setting, you'll have to try by yourself it and report here :)

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For emunand and disc games, partial emulation will use sysconfig and Mii's from real nand but will still save on emunand. Full emunand will use the sysconfig and Mii's stored in the emunand. I don't recall if you can do save emulation of real nand channels.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you put homebrew on the USB drive (in /apps/ folder), are they correctly found by the homebrew channel?

I suppose the drive works fine with HBC and other homebrew & loaders, but I don't understand why it's not detected with GX anymore.
I don't understand a lot how these HDD are detected & mounted, it was another developer (Dimok) who used to fix these problems.
I can't guarantee you I will fix it, but I can check what's different with older revision and other loaders.
I actually had to test if the HBC was finding apps on my HDD since I've been using SD since the HBC was released, but it does find and boot the apps. I know very little about coding and such, but is it at all possible to replace the newer boot process with the old boot process from 1.0? Whether you're able to fix it or not, I appreciate the help so far, thanks.

How are you launching usb loader gx? If it's using a forwarder channel then are you using the latest? http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

Also what IOS is the dol built for that you are you using, 222/249/250? Do you have hermes installed in 222 and d2x in 249/250? What version of IOS58 do you have installed? Have up updated to system menu 4.3?
Launching GX from HBC. I've tried each of the .dols, with 249 being the most successful. Hermes installed in 222 and d2x in 249/250. Not a clue what version of IOS58 is installed, but if Modmii keeps track of it, I should have the latest. I'm on system menu 4.1U.

You should try using the UNEO forwarder, that works for me. I'm using 249, with the latest d2x beta. I'm on whatever IOS58 that comes with 4.3, I always update as soon as it's proven safe.

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have (again) a problem by using ocarina in USB loader GX 3.0

1. When I try to use ocarina cheats on Virtual Console, the cheats simply doesn't works. The problem occurred by all VC games. I have tried anything but nothing works.

2. I have problems by (PAL) Fire Emblem radiant dawn. Only one code works (the A+B to and chapter cheat).
I pretty sure the "control enemy 1&- ON, 1&+ OFF code v1 and v2" has worked in the past where I played with the silver haired maiden and Soth. Now I'm in the part where you're playing with Ike and the cheat doesn't work any more.
The game is a rip of the official disk made by the USB loader's back up mode. The USB Loader called the game FIRE EMBLEM 10EUR [RFEP01] and I have rename the folder FIRE EMBLEM [RFEP01], (the .wbfs in the folder still named RFEP01)
I have download the cheats via the USB Loader GX 3.0 and
you can see them in the spoiler (the red ones are the cheats that have never worked) (Yellow are cheats that worked in the past but for some reason not now anymore) (Green are cheats that works)
RFEP01
Fire Emblem

Enable 300 items for all Chapters [g6flavor]
024C6962 0000012C
024C696A 0000012C
024C696E 00001C80
024C6972 0000012C
024C6976 00001C80
024C697A 0000012C
024C697E 00001C80

Equipped Weapon becomes Blessed when used in Battle Player's Turn [g6flavor]
203C1DB4 8069777C
003C1C41 00000090
E0000000 80008000

Make All Enemies Player Controlled, push 1&+ ON,1&- OFF v1* [g6flavor]
283D02FA 00000210
20666C68 705F6E6F
00666C84 00000000
E0000000 80008000
283D02FA 00001200
20666C68 705F6E6F
00666C84 00000001
E0000000 80008000

Make All Enemies Player Controlled, push 1&+ ON,1&- OFF v2* [g6flavor]
283D02FA 00000210
20697784 01000000
00697784 00000000
E0000000 80008000
283D02FA 00001200
20697784 00000000
00697784 00000001
E0000000 80008000

* If v1 doesn't work on your version of FE, try v2

Push A+B then end move to End Chapter [g6flavor]
283D02FA 00000C00
003C3A1C 00000004
E0000000 80008000

Use these 2 codes to recruit any enemy characters.

Please help and don't ignore it :( please help! :(

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

You should try using the UNEO forwarder, that works for me. I'm using 249, with the latest d2x beta. I'm on whatever IOS58 that comes with 4.3, I always update as soon as it's proven safe.
No luck with UNEO forwarder 5.1. I appreciate the suggestion though.

ALMIGHTY6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys!, Great job with the loader, i've used it for quite a while and i havent gotten any issue until now. xD... i have an IDE Hard Drive, 80Gb, had it on a case with power suypply and a USB to connect to the Wii, everything worked fine. A few days ago, my Power supply died, and triying to fix it i killed the interface that converts the USB to ID, thus no more IDE Case. I bought another one (Not the same model) and now the games kinda freeze randomly.

Its Weird really. The Game keeps playing like normal but it doesnt recieve signals from the wii mote or the wii reset, turn on/off button.
Mario KArt for example keeps playing but the kart gets stucks going around and around, no music but the race seems to keep playing.

Super Smash Bros Brawl the player freezes, no music but the NPC fighters keep at it.

and Metrid Other M got stuck on a cinematic.

Now, im assuming that the problem is the case, but i would like to know why?, and if it is possible to fix it.

Also, the manual for the case says that the USB Cable delivered is used to turn on the interface card for the IDE to USB converter, while the other case didnt, might that be the issue?....

Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You guys have always the strangest problems!
Can't you have simple questions only? :D

Well, I suppose it's the case at fault if the drive is still working. the data shouldn't have changed but you could always check the iso integrity with WiiBackupManager (Sha1 option to verify the iso).

changing the HDD case shouldn't affect the gameplay (like, not receiving Wiimote or reset informations).
Freeze and no music could be caused by a sleep mode of the drive controlled by the case I guess (but in my opinion it should be set by the HDD itself not the USB2IDE adapter).
Your USB cable has any specific device included or it's a simple USB to USB wire?

I can't help you more than that, I don't know hardware good enough to understand how things work and which element is responsible to your problem.

@[member='JordenNixNix']:
your VC channels are on real NAND or emulated NAND?
Ocarina doesn't work on Emulated NAND (at least, I could never make it work on the games I tested it).
So you need to launch the channel from the real NAND.

Launching channels have two different method: Content or boot.dol
If ocarina doesn't work, try changing the boot method in the settings > loader settings > Channel boot method.

ALMIGHTY6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys have always the strangest problems!
Can't you have simple questions only? :D

Well, I suppose it's the case at fault if the drive is still working. the data shouldn't have changed but you could always check the iso integrity with WiiBackupManager (Sha1 option to verify the iso).

changing the HDD case shouldn't affect the gameplay (like, not receiving Wiimote or reset informations).
Freeze and no music could be caused by a sleep mode of the drive controlled by the case I guess (but in my opinion it should be set by the HDD itself not the USB2IDE adapter).
Your USB cable has any specific device included or it's a simple USB to USB wire?

I can't help you more than that, I don't know hardware good enough to understand how things work and which element is responsible to your problem.

@[member='JordenNixNix']:
your VC channels are on real NAND or emulated NAND?
Ocarina doesn't work on Emulated NAND (at least, I could never make it work on the games I tested it).
So you need to launch the channel from the real NAND.

Launching channels have two different method: Content or boot.dol
If ocarina doesn't work, try changing the boot method in the settings > loader settings > Channel boot method.

I Doubt is the iso. i've formatted several times to test it but same results, and Dolphin Emu works great. The Manual says the USB cable included is the one that feeds the USB to IDE converter thingy. but its just an USB to the Square like USB (the one that use the new Printers?)

How do i know if my case has a sleepmode thingy?. i dont see anything of the sort but still.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlxH_Th3-LI