Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the config files of the loader are stored in either:

device:/apps/usbloader_gx/ (new default place)
or
device:/config/ (Old place, so you certainly have them in that folder, still used if detected here)

Device can be your SD or USB.

You don't need to delete the GlobalGX.cfg manually to reset the cIOS. You can just go into the Settings> Loader settings > Main/base : put 249
But it's recommended to delete it, so if you still have a problem we will know what your settings are.

Did you try the loader version 2.3?
I suppose the one which doesn't work is 3.0 and newer beta? (other users reported USB detection problem with this version)

Of course you won't have Gamecube support on 2.3, but it will be an updated version compared to the 1.0 you are using.
We can try to fix your hdd problem once you are using a more recent loader & settings.

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Forgive me for the other topic, I created it before I realized there was a 1079 page thread I could go to. I deleted the config files and I still get the same error. 2.3 has the same issue as 3.0 I'm afraid. It seems like any version of USB Loader GX that has a splash screen has this issue for me.

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i hope someone can help me with my issue. I have a PAL Wii 4.1E which was originally a Japanese one with latest IOS/CIOS. I'm using the EmuNand from
c204.gif
USB Loader GX and it works fine for most games. But there are WiiWare games that works on RealNAND but not on the EmuNAND like Phoenix Wright Justice for All PAL/NTSC, Bomberman Blast PAL/NTSC or Contra Rebirth for example. I can install them via 'Features'. Also the Game Window pops up fine but as soon as i start the game the screens get black and then resets me to the Wii-Menu.

That's what happends in the EmuNAND. I also tried to install them into the RealNAND via
c204.gif
Wad Manager and it works perfectly fine somehow.

Is there any way to make these games work for the EmuNAND?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah, you are right, it's like that with Wall and Carousel mode. there's no defined start point as it highlight the last played game automatically.
You will have to use the category filtering menu to hide/show the games like you want.

i hope someone can help me with my issue. I have a PAL Wii 4.1E which was originally a Japanese one with latest IOS/CIOS. I'm using the EmuNand from
c204.gif
USB Loader GX and it works fine for most games. But there are WiiWare games that works on RealNAND but not on the EmuNAND like Phoenix Wright Justice for All PAL/NTSC, Bomberman Blast PAL/NTSC or Contra Rebirth for example. I can install them via 'Features'. Also the Game Window pops up fine but as soon as i start the game the screens get black and then resets me to the Wii-Menu.

That's what happends in the EmuNAND. I also tried to install them into the RealNAND via
c204.gif
Wad Manager and it works perfectly fine somehow.

Is there any way to make these games work for the EmuNAND?
These games are known for not being compatible with emuNAND.
But they are working on Neek2o Emulated NAND.
USBLoaderGX is not compatible with this emuNAND type yet, but I'll add it when I can.

Until then, you can use a different USBloader to launch these particular games.

@WalkerD:
I suppose you are now using the version 3.0 and have d2x cIOS (v8)?
If you deleted the config files, you should be using slot249, with d2x base56. (this one is good).
Use the boot.dol from "all in one 249" package, so in order to use this cIOS slot to boot the loader.

You are correctly using the USB port0? (the one near the edge)
When you connect the drive after booting the loader it works fine?
Is your drive self-powered by the Wii, or has an external power source?
Which partition format? (it shouldn't change anything, just curious :P)

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@WalkerD:
I suppose you are now using the version 3.0 and have d2x cIOS (v8)?
If you deleted the config files, you should be using slot249, with d2x base56. (this one is good).
Use the boot.dol from "all in one 249" package, so in order to use this cIOS slot to boot the loader.

You are correctly using the USB port0? (the one near the edge)
When you connect the drive after booting the loader it works fine?
Is your drive self-powered by the Wii, or has an external power source?
Which partition format? (it shouldn't change anything, just curious :P)

I've tried booting with versions 2.2, 2.3, and 3.0. I'm using d2x cIOS v8. I've actually tried every boot.dol from the mod package, and the latest official release of GX. Port 0 of course. When connecting the drive after booting the loader it only recognizes the drive about 10% of the time, the other 90% of the time the "waiting for HDD" timer just stops and the screen hangs there. The 10% of the time it does boot up any Wii games load and play just fine. (Is it at all possible to boot using a different drive and then plug in this HDD?). The drive is powered by the Wii and has no external power source. Right now the drive has two partitions, one NTFS, and the primary partition with games being Fat32, formerly WBFS.

Edit: Letting it boot up without initializing the drive and plugging it in afterwards doesn't seem to do anything. It just shows me my installed channels.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Other loaders work fine with the newer cIOS 249 (d2x v8 base 56)?
if you put homebrew on the USB drive (in /apps/ folder), are they correctly found by the homebrew channel?

I suppose the drive works fine with HBC and other homebrew & loaders, but I don't understand why it's not detected with GX anymore.
I don't understand a lot how these HDD are detected & mounted, it was another developer (Dimok) who used to fix these problems.
I can't guarantee you I will fix it, but I can check what's different with older revision and other loaders.

WalkerD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
if you put homebrew on the USB drive (in /apps/ folder), are they correctly found by the homebrew channel?

I suppose the drive works fine with HBC and other homebrew & loaders, but I don't understand why it's not detected with GX anymore.
I don't understand a lot how these HDD are detected & mounted, it was another developer (Dimok) who used to fix these problems.
I can't guarantee you I will fix it, but I can check what's different with older revision and other loaders.
I actually had to test if the HBC was finding apps on my HDD since I've been using SD since the HBC was released, but it does find and boot the apps. I know very little about coding and such, but is it at all possible to replace the newer boot process with the old boot process from 1.0? Whether you're able to fix it or not, I appreciate the help so far, thanks.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I actually had to test if the HBC was finding apps on my HDD since I've been using SD since the HBC was released, but it does find and boot the apps. I know very little about coding and such, but is it at all possible to replace the newer boot process with the old boot process from 1.0? Whether you're able to fix it or not, I appreciate the help so far, thanks.

How are you launching usb loader gx? If it's using a forwarder channel then are you using the latest? http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

Also what IOS is the dol built for that you are you using, 222/249/250? Do you have hermes installed in 222 and d2x in 249/250? What version of IOS58 do you have installed? Have up updated to system menu 4.3?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why is GX telling me

You need to install Devolution or DIOS MIOS (Lite) to launch GameCube games from USB or SD card

When I already have DM installed?
certainly a bug in the detection.
Or because I moved the place where the detection is done in r1202.
it now require ahbprot access as it's detecting it at boot, before reloading the cIOS (you need the or the new tag, in the meta.xml) because Hermes cIOS v4 couldn't detect DML

do you have that tag in the meta?
which cIOS are you using in the loader?
I can place the detection back to the old place.

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why is GX telling me

You need to install Devolution or DIOS MIOS (Lite) to launch GameCube games from USB or SD card

When I already have DM installed?
certainly a bug in the detection.
Or because I moved the place where the detection is done in r1202.
it now require ahbprot access as it's detecting it at boot, before reloading the cIOS (you need the or the new tag, in the meta.xml) because Hermes cIOS v4 couldn't detect DML

do you have that tag in the meta?
which cIOS are you using in the loader?
I can place the detection back to the old place.

Right now I'm on 249 and no i don't have that tag in the meta

Ive been hearing everywhere about ahbprot access yet I don't know what it means or how to get it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To get it, you place the tag in the meta.xml (look at the meta.xml provided with USBGX v3.0 package if you don't know where to put it)
it has a new name since HBC1.0 (but the old one is still working).

AHBPROT is an information bit located in a file (the .tmd) used when launching a title telling the console that it should grant access to the hardware (SD, USB, Disc, NAND, etc.)
by default, the application doesn't have access to the NAND (you can't read/write your own data to the NAND).

To access the NAND, you need a custom IOS with available functions to access it, or use an official IOS and tell the console that you need access to it.

By default, the homebrew channel has access to the hardware, and when you launch an application (homebrew) it reload the IOS before launching it, and you loose that hardware access rights that HBC had.
by using the tag, you tell the HBC that you want to launch the homebrew without reloading the IOS at launch, thus keeping the current hardware rights.

So, when you launch USB Loader GX with this tag in the meta, it boot the loader using IOS 58 (the one used by HBC, instead of 249) and try to read the NAND to check which version of DIOS MIOS you currently have installed. If the NAND access is granted, GX can check it. If you don't have that "ahbprot" thingy, you can't read the NAND, and the loader can't detect your DM version.

Like I said, I moved the detection before reloading cIOS because cIOS hermes v4 doesn't have NAND access, so I need to check it on boot, before reloading the cIOS used by the loader.

r1201 or less (or without AHBPROT):
HBC > boot GX > reload IOS > boot using 249 > check DM version (249 has NAND access, so it's working)
HBC > boot GX > reload IOS > boot using 222 > check DM version (222 (hermes v4) dosn't have NAND access so it's not working, and report no DM installed)

r1202:
HBC > boot GX > check meta.xml > no IOS reload > boot using IOS58 > check DM version > reload IOS (249 or 222) > display gamelist.

it's now checking DM before reloading the cIOS.

I can put a double check, one at boot and one later if AHBPROT was disabled.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok copied the new XML and I'm still getting the error
damn, I wrote the ahbprot explanation for nothing :evil: (just joking, it's always good to explain, many users can find it interesting).

if it's still not working:
- You have the official MIOS (reinstall DM to be sure)
- You have a non official version of DM(L) ? (for example, built yourself, but I don't think it's your case)
- GX have a bug in the detection (I changed the way to detect the version few min before submitting the .dol, and I didn't check it properly. I'll check it better).

ketosan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've installed the DiosMios but when i try to start a game the option to load from a USB device is not given. I can only choose SD paths, how so? I'm using the USB Loader GX 3.0 official one do i need a modded one?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you need a more recent build.
DIOS MIOS (with USB support) was released after GX v3.0

You can find beta version on the official website, in the beta thread.
This is where Beta tester are reporting bugs.
Remember: it is a BETA and can have bugs (and has bug!).
Be sure to read other user's report to understand what doesn't work ;)

the version you want to download is r1202

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need a more recent build.
DIOS MIOS (with USB support) was released after GX v3.0

You can find beta version on the official website, in the beta thread.
This is where Beta tester are reporting bugs.
Remember: it is a BETA and can have bugs (and has bug!).
Be sure to read other user's report to understand what doesn't work ;)

the version you want to download is r1202
I thought r1202 was giving problems with DML?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle