• Likes 48

canli

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
waw we stayed at 899 for 10 days. It'd the first time I think;
Do the USB Loader GX's revs finishing?

Overall, the program is great. Thank you to all developpers and helpers.
I'm on 4.1 NTSC-U, Rev17 cios249 and I have no problem at all with the R899.
May be, 1-2 issues but they were from Homebrew channel liaison (an option that I don't use, i just open homebrew channel from wii menu system).

We know how much we played the game but don't know how much hours we played each because we can't see it from the Nintendo Channel.
It would be a great option for all of us if we had that
smile.gif

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
canli said:
Nope, rev 900 is on it's way.

New feature: NTFS Write Support (thanks to dimok!)

Scuba156

Trophies
XP
Country
r-win said:
canli said:
Nope, rev 900 is on it's way.

New feature: NTFS Write Support (thanks to dimok!)
Glad to see you guys keeping up the good work even after the unfortunate problems

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work on rev899! I came back after being away for a couple months and WoW, now we can load from FAT32/NTFS. I've been using it and it works great! It does start to act a little strange once you approach 600-700 games but certainly nothing major
smile.gif
- at least you can have 600-700 games now!

I did notice a couple strange things... Even tho I had nearly all the cover art it asked if I wished to download all 500 missing covers... I did. I downloaded again and it asked if I wanted to download the rest, like 167 or something at the time. The covers I already had were set up and worked on the last version I was using, r550 I believe. They are the same 2d covers I used to host when I was hardcoded into gx as one of the cover sources. Did the format or naming requirements for cover art change recently?

It gives the occasional DSI Exception error while paging through the game title list, and freezes once in a great while while scrolling through the list... Not that I'll actually be leaving the archive drive attached
smile.gif
100-200 or so games is enough for real life use.

It also seems that reading titles from wiitdb.zip doesn't work correctly with that many titles.

Are there any plans to read gx and the supporting files from the NTFS partition? Or will we continue to need a FAT32 partition to boot from and store the supporting files? After all... "ONE drive, ONE partition" is a good thing
smile.gif

Thanks again for all the great work on the gx project.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dexter222 said:
Did the format or naming requirements for cover art change recently?
No, but this looks like some buffer problem, because you have to many games to be allowed
smile.gif

dexter222 said:
It gives the occasional DSI Exception error while paging through the game title list, and freezes once in a great while while scrolling through the list... Not that I'll actually be leaving the archive drive attached
smile.gif
100-200 or so games is enough for real life use.
Check your covers on a PC/Mac. I bet there is at least one faulty cover, which will give you the freezes and crashes. Remove that cover to fix this.

dexter222 said:
It also seems that reading titles from wiitdb.zip doesn't work correctly with that many titles.
I think WiiTDB has a limit for the amount of titles to get. Also, when the file gets bigger than 1572864 bytes, we will not load it in order to prevent memory problems. Maybe that's the case?

QUOTE(dexter222 @ Feb 1 2010, 12:40 AM)
Are there any plans to read gx and the supporting files from the NTFS partition? Or will we continue to need a FAT32 partition to boot from and store the supporting files? After all... "ONE drive, ONE partition" is a good thing
smile.gif
Yes! There are indeed such plans! Actually, it's pretty easy to implement loading covers and such from NTFS now, since revision 900 has write support for NTFS. Loading the config from NTFS will be (a bit) more work. After that, we also need to fix our forwarder to support NTFS.

bigchen000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright guys can you please help me cause I'm new to the whole Wii hacking thing.
My Wii
Japanese (No I'm not from Japan = = )
Verison 4.1 J

First off I have the Homebrew channel installed then I'm not so sure about the cIOS thingy... i installed the cIOSrev14
For the IOS i think i have IOS15 or 26 or 249 cause that's the only ones that i have been using
So I installed the USB Loader GX everything works okay... except i don't know the password to unlock the console
For opening the games i only downloaded one for now it's the Wii Resort PAL
When i open the game it just gives me a black screen and my Wii remote disconnects and then i have to force shutdown.
I also tried the USB Loader 1.1 I think
When i open the game it gives me a Error 002 and that is why I downloaded the USB Loader GX

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME =(

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DaDownloadMan said:
is NTFS system file supported?
Yes. Both read and write.

QUOTE(bigchen000 @ Feb 1 2010, 01:31 AM) For the IOS i think i have IOS15 or 26 or 249 cause that's the only ones that i have been using
So I installed the USB Loader GX everything works okay... except i don't know the password to unlock the console
For opening the games i only downloaded one for now it's the Wii Resort PAL
When i open the game it just gives me a black screen and my Wii remote disconnects and then i have to force shutdown.
When i open the game it gives me a Error 002 and that is why I downloaded the USB Loader GX
I suggest you start by reading the Readmii (http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/help/readmii).

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just tried rev901.. Have my 400gig WD passport partitioned for 340Gig WBFS and 60Gig NTFS.

Switched config to NTFS - worked - no games.
Grabbed Wii Sports and dumped to the NTFS drive and then played bowling for 20 minutes while in a work conference call. Worked perfectly.

Top stuff guys...

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just tried the new revision 902.

There is still a couple of bug:

1/ the gui doesn't work correctly using french.lang, the special caracter like the "é", "è", "à" doesn't appears and are replaced by strange code (looks like ascii).

2/ ntfs writing works great until a crash. After that you have to do a "chkdsk /f drive_letter:" under the cmd in windows and it kills all the backup made by the usbloadergx interface. The manually added .wbfs file still stay there and work correctly.

Its seems to be an issue on the way the writing is made by usbloadergx

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win found the solution to the first bug already and will commit it next and also add ntfs mount so you can save config/covers and so on too on the ntfs. About the second we'll do some more tests to see whats going wrong in usbloadergx since writing works fine in wiixplorer.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Doesn't work, tryed all of my 4 external HDDs, FAT32 is working flawlesly. (I am using gx loader rev 899, cios rev 17 and cios 222 rev 4, wii 3.2E with wiikey 1.9s)

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you have to use the proper naming convention to load the ISOs - example:

In a folder named R3ME01_Metroid Prime Trilogy you have an ISO named R3ME01.iso

Or you can just rename the ISO R3ME01.iso and put it in the WBFS folder.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blacksoul said:
2/ ntfs writing works great until a crash. After that you have to do a "chkdsk /f drive_letter:" under the cmd in windows and it kills all the backup made by the usbloadergx interface. The manually added .wbfs file still stay there and work correctly.

Its seems to be an issue on the way the writing is made by usbloadergx
It's an issue with libntfs. NTFS-3G on linux and OS X has the same problems (and Windowx XP with native access also), if you remove the drive while writing there and want to mount it again you have to check it (on Windows) first, that's normal and the way it works. When you powered of your Windows XP computer while writing to a ntfs drive, it often asked to check the drives at startup, you were able to skip this but this was not always the best decision.
I guess you don't have the problem with Wiixplorer as most people copy only small files with it and not 4-7GB isos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated