czech_boi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bula said:
Zonic said:
Hi,

I think I found a bug, not sure though. I have successfully installed USB Loader GX on my external HDD (formatted as FAT32) and all games I tried so far are working =) But I can't change the titles of the games. I can edit them (clicking the text above the spinning cd) but when I press ok it's not saved. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Known issue:
* FAT rename and re-id broken again due to subdirectory support

I just change the names of games in WBFS manager, i find that really easy

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
czech_boi said:
bula said:
Zonic said:
Hi,

I think I found a bug, not sure though. I have successfully installed USB Loader GX on my external HDD (formatted as FAT32) and all games I tried so far are working =) But I can't change the titles of the games. I can edit them (clicking the text above the spinning cd) but when I press ok it's not saved. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Known issue:
* FAT rename and re-id broken again due to subdirectory support

I just change the names of games in WBFS manager, i find that really easy
But this won't work when using wiitdb

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see that there is a new revision out r850
can someone possible make a channel wad for it or a package to put into my apps folder with the meta and whatnot?

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
somehow usbloader gx is slower than configurable usbloader.
i transfered all my games to a fat32 partiton (250+).
usbloader takes like 20 secs while cfg loader only uses like 3-5 secs.

why is that? overall i still prefer usbloader gx. could u add a cachefile (stored on the sd card) or something to store the paths of games? on startup u just need to check for new games and if the ones in the cache still exist.

//edit

i got my .wbfs games stored in subfolders and i was using r850

c64rmx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
EDIT: Nevermind found a solution
smile.gif

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
c64rmx said:
Hello, I have a problem with the newest revision, 849. The old version I had (740) worked fine but now when I updated to the newest it just gives black screen on the startup. My Wii is 3.2E and have had no problems before. I also installed Cios rev 14 but it didn't help. I also installed newest version of preloader and bootmii IOS, could these cause this problem?
Try deleting your config files.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
damingraham said:
can someone possible make a channel wad for it or a package to put into my apps folder with the meta and whatnot?
Our buildserver automatically creates channel wads for every revision that is uploaded. You can find them on our downloads page (check my signature).

Posts merged

QUOTE(Elfish @ Dec 7 2009, 10:53 AM) why is that? overall i still prefer usbloader gx. could u add a cachefile (stored on the sd card) or something to store the paths of games? on startup u just need to check for new games and if the ones in the cache still exist.
If it takes that long to load, I can only imagine that you have not enabled WiiTDB. You really should enable it, and download a new XML file every time you install a game (global settings, 2nd page, update, WiiTDB update). Cfg Loader USB is using titles.txt, but we are not.

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh ok. can i change that r850.dol to boot.dol and put it in my apps folder as well as using that dol as its forwarder?

also u have any idea when USBLoaderGX_1.0_Installer.exe will be a updated package?

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
r-win said:
Elfish said:
why is that? overall i still prefer usbloader gx. could u add a cachefile (stored on the sd card) or something to store the paths of games? on startup u just need to check for new games and if the ones in the cache still exist.
If it takes that long to load, I can only imagine that you have not enabled WiiTDB. You really should enable it, and download a new XML file every time you install a game (global settings, 2nd page, update, WiiTDB update). Cfg Loader USB is using titles.txt, but we are not.

i'm using wiitdb since AGES. it's showing the correct title names in the language i selected.
oggzee told me he already sent u some code to speed up loading.
i tried his latest build and it's even faster now. i wonder what it's like on usbloader gx with that code improvement.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else had problems with games like RE Dark Chronicles and the new Samurai Warriors 3 on GX. It seems that almost anything with a CGI opening. Will freeze with the current version of the loader.
I'm using cios 14, and the newest version! Well the new one from a week ago. Those things get updated daily it seems.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TheWon said:
Has anyone else had problems with games like RE Dark Chronicles and the new Samurai Warriors 3 on GX. It seems that almost anything with a CGI opening. Will freeze with the current version of the loader.
I'm using cios 14, and the newest version! Well the new one from a week ago. Those things get updated daily it seems.

I'm reporting absolutely no problems with Darkside Chronicles on cIOS rev 15 and USBloaderGX rev 843. Maybe try that combo?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Elfish said:
i'm using wiitdb since AGES. it's showing the correct title names in the language i selected.
oggzee told me he already sent u some code to speed up loading.
i tried his latest build and it's even faster now. i wonder what it's like on usbloader gx with that code improvement.
I've added oggzees code allready. But still, loading shouldn't take that long with WiiTDB installed. It doesn't on my drive. Anyway, when the new revision is done, it'll contain the latest FAT version by Oggzee.

T$unami

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r-win said:
damingraham said:

Our buildserver automatically creates channel wads for every revision that is uploaded. You can find them on our downloads page (check my signature).

But that little bit that is added to to the description about that they are "untested and can easily brick your wii" is a tad off putting. Have none of the builds been tested, or are you just putting it there as a disclaimer?

I dont recall there being a problem with the wad updates upto 815.

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
T$unami said:
But that little bit that is added to to the description about that they are "untested and can easily brick your wii" is a tad off putting. Have none of the builds been tested, or are you just putting it there as a disclaimer?

I put it there as a disclaimer. Of course we are testing *some* of our channel versions, but most wad files we upload there are untested. However, the buildserver NEVER changes the routine about how the channel is made. The only variable there is the actual application, which is almost the same dol file as the "normal" version. The dol file inside a banner can never be the cause of a bannerbrick, only the animation can. Since the animation is the same we always use, there is a very low chance on a brick because of the wad files we upload there. When I install a full channel version, I always use the latest revision from the google download page.

Besides that, it's more like a common note: installing custom channels can brick you Wii, so be carefull there.

j0shuakane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my disc drive stopped spinning so i have to use a usb loader until i get a new spindle motor. i am starting to use usb loader gx, but my main game of choice is rock band 2, so i have ran into problems.

i have done some research but dont have time to do alot but my 2 issues are: i cant put dlc onto the sd card, it stays on the wii memory, and i cant get rawksd songs to play, is there any way around any of this? any help would be insanely appreciated!!!

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T$unami said:
r-win said:
damingraham said:

agreed. we do appreciate the quality and fast updates but imo they need to be somewhat tested for a few mins before u click upload.

Mirkec23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
r-win said:
T$unami said:

I put it there as a disclaimer. Of course we are testing *some* of our channel versions, but most wad files we upload there are untested. However, the buildserver NEVER changes the routine about how the channel is made. The only variable there is the actual application, which is almost the same dol file as the "normal" version. The dol file inside a banner can never be the cause of a bannerbrick, only the animation can. Since the animation is the same we always use, there is a very low chance on a brick because of the wad files we upload there. When I install a full channel version, I always use the latest revision from the google download page.

Besides that, it's more like a common note: installing custom channels can brick you Wii, so be carefull there.

Just one quick and nooobish question. I want to change channel version of GX and I'm very scared that something going wrong so I want to confirm:
1. When update channel, first I need to deinstall by wad instaler old version and then install new version. OK?
2. Which one newest version of channel do you advice as safe end compatible with my sistem (4.1E, CIOS38 rev 14)?

Sorry again and big thanks in advance on help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries