• Likes 48

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Mirkec23 said:
pepxl said:
most users would agree that a "Forwarder" is a better option as installing the channel would mean a constant in/uninstall of the .wad file but the "Forwarder" just stays put and all you do is use the "Update" option in GX of just replace the .dol file in the SD:/apps/usbloader_gx folder

Thanx pepxl very much for links where I successfully partitioned my HDD. I made three primary partitions, first FAT32 and make it active, second WBFS, and third NTSF.
I quote you about forwarder/channel issues. I install USB Loader GX as a channel, because I haven't wireless internet connection and I found that channel option is faster for usage.
Can you please explain, or put some links
rolleyes.gif

how to update GX installed as channel?

if using the forwarder version of the channel here is an option in GX to update the app which will auto swap the .dol file on the SD/USB with the newest rev available or you can do it manually incase of a bugged rev, not quite sure how GX would update the channel version of itself without you manually installing the .wad yourself which would be a pain if the rev you want has bugs not present in the rev before it, you would have to ask a dev

What you mean when you said: "installing the channel would mean a constant in/uninstall of the .wad file?

if your using the forwarder version of the channel then all you do if swap the boot.dol on the SD/USB with a newer rev or use the update feature in GX to do it for you, this would also prolong the life of the NAND as you are not constintly writing to it. if you use the channel version it would mean constintly installing .wad file using wadmanager to keep up to date with the rev available.

Is it important to update GX frequently or from time to time?
Thanks in advance for reply!

Mirkec23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You mean if GX is installed as channel then NAND chip is under constantly writing to it which is increase its life, or I wrong understand You?
And, again, is it important to update GX frequently or just sometimes?

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
heres some of the theme shit

// Toolbar Icons in GameList
short gamelist_favorite_x;
short gamelist_favorite_y;
short gamelist_search_x;
short gamelist_search_y;
short gamelist_abc_x;
short gamelist_abc_y;
short gamelist_count_x;
short gamelist_count_y;
short gamelist_list_x;
short gamelist_list_y;
short gamelist_grid_x;
short gamelist_grid_y;
short gamelist_carousel_x;
short gamelist_carousel_y;
short gamelist_dvd_x;
short gamelist_dvd_y;
// Toolbar Icons in GameGrid
short gamegrid_favorite_x;
short gamegrid_favorite_y;
short gamegrid_search_x;
short gamegrid_search_y;
short gamegrid_abc_x;
short gamegrid_abc_y;
short gamegrid_count_x;
short gamegrid_count_y;
short gamegrid_list_x;
short gamegrid_list_y;
short gamegrid_grid_x;
short gamegrid_grid_y;
short gamegrid_carousel_x;
short gamegrid_carousel_y;
short gamegrid_dvd_x;
short gamegrid_dvd_y;
// Toolbar Icons in GameCarousel
short gamecarousel_favorite_x;
short gamecarousel_favorite_y;
short gamecarousel_search_x;
short gamecarousel_search_y;
short gamecarousel_abc_x;
short gamecarousel_abc_y;
short gamecarousel_count_x;
short gamecarousel_count_y;
short gamecarousel_list_x;
short gamecarousel_list_y;
short gamecarousel_grid_x;
short gamecarousel_grid_y;
short gamecarousel_carousel_x;
short gamecarousel_carousel_y;
short gamecarousel_dvd_x;
short gamecarousel_dvd_y;

gamelist_dvd_coords = blablablabla... ect

you should use this format for all your themes. even though some old themes still work, they will not soon. currently when we add a button, it is a pain in the ass to add it this way and to also include it in the workaround for old themes. i am not going to add the workaround for any more buttons and soon, the work around will be completely removed. it was only put there to give time for people to update the theme, not to be a permanent solution.

and it is not necessary to update this loader at all. you can update if you really want to, or if there is some new feature that you want to try out. updating just for the sake of updating is really no advised at all. the updates are not really thoroughly tested. they are just minor changes to the code. sometimes stuff breaks. if you update to every little change, then you will most certainly end up with a problem over it. it is best to just stick with a revision that works if you don't take joy in testing out software. as far as updating, the full channel updates itself, but you need wifi.
Thanks for the help in fixing the way my theme works. I have always enjoyed compiling this just to see whats new and don't mind adding some of my own code just to make it the way I like it. I had look around for away of seting up the config file in the theme's folder and even asked here, but did not get a anser. So I went looking myself and wanted to let otheres no what I had found. So please don't take what I say the wrong way, I know this is your project and it is coming along great. I was realy just trying to help and thanks I will start making the new theme right now.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
if you install the channel(not forwarder) then when updating GX you would contantly be writing to the NAND decreasing it life over time compared to normal use, and yes kkeeping up to date with GX rev is some what important as bug are fixesd and changes have been made

installing a forwarder would increase the life of the NAND as you are updating the boot.dol on the SD/USB and not touching the NAND at all

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Mirkec23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
pepxl said:
if you install the channel(not forwarder) then when updating GX you would contantly be writing to the NAND decreasing it life over time compared to normal use, and yes kkeeping up to date with GX rev is some what important as bug are fixesd and changes have been made

installing a forwarder would increase the life of the NAND as you are updating the boot.dol on the SD/USB and not touching the NAND at all
Oh my good! I will immediately change channel for forwarder! Can you describe me, in short, what I need to do. Deinstal GX channel or just erase it from SD/USB, and simple put forwarder or is it more complicated?
Sorry for this noob request, but I really scare if it going something wrong and if I don't know how to repare it.
Thanx!

DarkSunDS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ehh, 799 is fucking up everything. Updating WiiTDB.zip causes a code dump, downloading cover art corrupts the pictures and forces me to fix errors in Windows and download the art manually.

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
DarkSunDS said:
Ehh, 799 is fucking up everything. Updating WiiTDB.zip causes a code dump, downloading cover art corrupts the pictures and forces me to fix errors in Windows and download the art manually.
A wrong dol was put on the server, if you compile 799 yourself it should work fine.
a fixed r799 is on the update server now, it is ok except Ocarina doesn't work for everyone.
There are known issues with r801 so don't use it unless you want to test.
If you need Ocarina I'd recommend installing r784 from here: http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/downloads/revisions or wait for an upcoming revision.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A new 799 is on the server. r800 has been taken down for further testing (LOTS of changes). It will be a while before the next server update so if 799 continues to give anyone issues, please revert back to a previous revision.

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! I have been using Configurable USB Loader & testing other USB Loaders out. I download all my covers from http://wiitdb.com/Main/HomePage.

The problem I'm having with USB Loader GX is that a couple game covers will not show up. The two I'm having problems with are AMF Bowling Pinbusters & Pool Hall Pro. I was able to get all other covers to work.

I downloaded them all in size 160 X 224. I got them all from the same place. Why would these couple covers not work? BTW, I'm using just the regular dimensional covers & not any 3D covers yet. I have all of the covers located at sd:/images folder.

First I want to correct the couple covers not showing up. Next, I want to know about where to place the 3D covers. Do I need a folder named "3D" inside the "images" folder of the sd card? Also, for disc covers would I use a folder named "disc" inside the "images" folder as well? If this is right for the placement then I'd just place all the assigned covers in their specific folder, right?

Sorry, been away from the Wii scene for a good while & getting things back in order. So much new stuff since I last played our Wii about 5-6 months ago. Thanks!
unsure.gif

zorglub07

Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
tonybologna, double check the game ID of those two covers (what USB Loader GX shows when you select the game, the filename, the ID on wiitdb.com).
About the folders, update to a recent revision like r784, and go to "Custom Paths" from the main options to set the paths for 2D, 3D, disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: