• Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

Bjerlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vegeta4ss said:
I just updated to r734 and I still cannot load more than one game without rebooting the console. Is there a fix for this? Western Digital Passport 320gb with one wbfs partition only. Cios r14, 4.0U.

is there a step I missed that explains this behavior?

For me this happened after going up to cIOSrev14. Before that is was no troubles att all to exit games and start up loader again for another game.
Now I have to "just" restart the harddrive to get USB Loader to recognize the disk...

Seems like it get stuck on recognision as you restart the applikation after playing a game.
(I did before restart the entire kit but now I "only" restart the hd...( I use a western digital essential 320 gig though with a standalone powersupport, with internal I guess just unplugging the usb and reattatching it would make it work.))

But anyway it started for me with rev14 and I hope it will be fixed in next rev when wani has the time...

Bjerlk

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Whats the best Cios for SSBB compatibility?
wacko.gif

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lorenzo67 said:
0ld8oy said:
lorenzo67 said:
Hi, i don't have wii connection, this txtcheats is the last ?

http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/downloads/list

Otherwise...where can i found?

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

Try Here...

Hi, here i can find single cheats, i say where i can find txtcheats file that include more games, like this present on google site, the same that is possible to unload thru wii connected.

thank you

Lorenzo

you can't...unless you make your own. all that is on the googlecode site is a zip file that has a bunch of single game cheats in it. just go through the geckocodes database and download what you need...

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yay. Now if the rest of the usb loaders will follow suit with helping people with ther correct port, the world will be a happier place.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ozguy said:
Yay. Now if the rest of the usb loaders will follow suit with helping people with ther correct port, the world will be a happier place.
agreed, wholeheartedly....of all the features devs could add that would make the world unite under a banner of joy, this was on the top of my list.

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bjerlk said:
vegeta4ss said:
I just updated to r734 and I still cannot load more than one game without rebooting the console. Is there a fix for this? Western Digital Passport 320gb with one wbfs partition only. Cios r14, 4.0U.

is there a step I missed that explains this behavior?

For me this happened after going up to cIOSrev14. Before that is was no troubles att all to exit games and start up loader again for another game.
Now I have to "just" restart the harddrive to get USB Loader to recognize the disk...

Seems like it get stuck on recognision as you restart the applikation after playing a game.
(I did before restart the entire kit but now I "only" restart the hd...( I use a western digital essential 320 gig though with a standalone powersupport, with internal I guess just unplugging the usb and reattatching it would make it work.))

But anyway it started for me with rev14 and I hope it will be fixed in next rev when wani has the time...

Bjerlk
thanks, this was helpful. I just started with USB loader and I was already on r14 so I do not know if I would have ever figured that out.

dogmanky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azariel_z said:
leavemealone347 said:
Would it be possible to boot Gamecube backups through a USB Loader or is that not possible?

Not possible now, probably never will, USB feature is for the Wii, when you run NGC games on wii, the wii itself becomes a NGC, and loose all the wii features, and USB wasnt one of NGC possibilities. It MAY be possible via hardware mode, like connecting an HDD directly to the DVD I/O, but is too much trouble on my opinion.

playing your NGC games from backed up dvdrs works great. Not as convenient as USB but still gives you the option so you can preserve your collection without risking the discs getting all scratched up.

devinlsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I would like to thank all those who work on this loader. Today I updated to the latest version of USBLoader_GX. Since the update, Guitar Hero 5 freezes on a black screen immediately after selecting it. Before updating today, Guitar Hero 5 was working using Hermes 222 and USBLoader_GX as per http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=176428. Any ideas other than reverting to a previous version? Thanks!

vegeta4ss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so I have a odd issue with other apps getting access to the network settings since I have started using this program. All network functions work fine in usb loader gx but nothing that I run from the HBC can seem to grab the IP address.

I made a thread over in the wii hacking section with more specific details. Has anyone seen this before?

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a Seagate FreeAgent GO and used the built-in tool to disable the spin-down. When I start my Wii, have the drive plugged it, and use the forwarder, all I get is a black screen. I noticed that when I start my Wii without the drive connected, I can connect after launching the loader. Is this normal, or can something be done to startup with the drive connected?

old-time-gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvd-guy said:
I bought a Seagate FreeAgent GO and used the built-in tool to disable the spin-down. When I start my Wii, have the drive plugged it, and use the forwarder, all I get is a black screen. I noticed that when I start my Wii without the drive connected, I can connect after launching the loader. Is this normal, or can something be done to startup with the drive connected?

ii ahve a seagate freeAgent go, also, i have mii installed to a sd card that i put into the my wii's front sd slot, t allows youto to boot the homebrew channel, or the wii itself, but you need a gamecube controler to select a option.i find if i use mii to start my wii, tha head into the homebrew channel, skiping the wii's os start up, with the seaget drive connected the your seagate drive when you are in the home breew, and goto a usbloader and hit a to mount drive, than restart your wii back to the wii os's channels and load the usb gx loader, that it loads games good.

my wii is at 3.2u and working great with backups, by usb loader, and backup loaders.

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
dvd-guy said:

i have three seagate freeagents and i had the same problem as you. i would have to unplug the drive, start up the wii,put back in the drive an start up the loader.
i now use the configurable loader. now i dont have to unplug anythink. just turn on the wii and click on the loader... heaven

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works