• Likes 48

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saulin said:
Does de Blob work with this loader?

If so what settings and IOS are you using?

I'm getting a message saying "Loading......" when launching the game and that's it. Nothing happens after that. Using IOS 222. IOS 249 and 223 just gave me a black screen. Using rev 729 now. So far it only seems to happen with de Blob.

***Edit***

Also I may have found a fix for the code dump or black screen issue when enabling cheats.

Besides deleting the config folder this time I tried something different.

1) I backed up everything on the SD Card
2) Formatted the card with FAT file system, it was FAT32 before
3) I copied everything back on the SD card but I just created an empty codes folder and also a empty txtcodes folder
4) Then I went to the Loader options and updated USB Loader GX dol (I use a channel forwarder)
5) I updated the language file as well
6) I also updated WiiTDB Files as well (Whatever this is)
7) Then I hit Default Settings
8) I set my global Game Load options like this

Video Mode = Disc default
VIDTV Patch = Off
Game Language = Console Default
Patch Country String = Off
Ocarina = Off
Boot/Standard = cIOS 222
QuickBoot = No
Error 002 Fix = Anti

Then if I want to use cheats. I turn on Ocarina in the game's menu and then go to the Ocarina menu and download the cheat file, turn on the cheats I want and hit create GCT. Then save those settings for that game.

So far it works and no code dump. Using Rev 729. But we'll see if it stays like that beacuse at one point I had codes working and then the next day it was just a black screen and then the code dumps when i would force NTSC as Video Mode. However de Blob doesn't load mmmmmm. I wonder if it's just Rev 729.

It helps knowing that the issue partially comes from using a PC to generate the gct files rather than the loader. You might try generating a gct file from a txt file made in notepad and compare the result with that from a txt file made in UNIX format. There is freeware somewhere out there that will convert between the two if needed, however at geckocodes if your right click the "Download" button and click "Save As" it will download in UNIX format rather then left clicking the button and then copying and pasting. When the loader downloads the txt file, it remains in UNIX format which is the only format the file will be recognized in the loader.

As was stated before, de Blob requires a disc in the drive with cIOS 249 rev 11 and under and also with cIOS 222/223 (uloader has the 222/223 fix but GX has yet to implement it). I usually either use a blank disc or just load that game with cIOS 249 rev 14.

The set-up you're using is the exact same one i use to load all games so we now know that it works and that I'm not special
smile.gif
. There are still some games that cheats will not work for (SSBB is one). I believe giantpune has narrowed the issue down to .txt files that have more than one comment line (aside from SSBB+ requiring like 1000 codes....) so we may see some progress on this soon (but don't quote me on that...).

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have cheats working for SSBB too!! I did use the snapshot method for that tho. That requires u to only have have a few codes in the gct file, which the loader loads. All the other codes are loaded from a hacked snapshot!!
I have found that there are a few games that when the text file is downloaded from within the loader, do cause crashes. I have found that this is due to the number of comment lines in the txt file. To fix this simply use the loader to download the txt file, transfer the txt file to ur pc, remove ALL uneeded comment lines (probably most if not all of them), then transfer back to ur sd card and create the gct with the loader. I have used this method to fix cheatfiles that previously didnt work.

BubbaFett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
FenrirWolf said:
BubbaFett said:
Longtime lurker, first post, so I'd like to kick it off by saying fantastic app!

One question: any chance we can get the voodoo that uLoader 3.0 uses to make USB instruments (inc. multiple items via USB hub) work in GX? We had 3 mics, RB1 drums and a GH guitar all working at once with the Beatles...but I had to use uloader to do it.

uLoader is effective....but kinda fugly. And GX with a theme is just so durned pretty!

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
Pretty sure said voodoo is already supported. Try loading the game with IOS222 or IOS223. Doesn't matter which one as long as it's made from IOS38 merged with IOS37.

It was the rockband 1 drums that I couldn't get to work in GX. Tried every single variant of 222 and 223 and it didn't work. Didn't go so far as to make GX global load in 222, because the insert disk thing is a pain. If you can confirm (i.e., you've personally seen it work) that RB1 drums work with RB/GH titles with GX, I'll try again...maybe I missed one combination.

Cheers!

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revision 730 is now on the update server.

Should fix the code dumps when viewing cheat files (Zelda, SSBB).
255 code limit is still in effect so please use the snapshot method of loading SSBB+
Using over 255 lines of codes will still result in blackscreen.
UNIX format is not required for cheat files. Windows is also supported.

Everyone thank Lustar for the fix and donate to wiitdb.com!

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
BubbaFett said:
It was the rockband 1 drums that I couldn't get to work in GX. Tried every single variant of 222 and 223 and it didn't work. Didn't go so far as to make GX global load in 222, because the insert disk thing is a pain. If you can confirm (i.e., you've personally seen it work) that RB1 drums work with RB/GH titles with GX, I'll try again...maybe I missed one combination.

Drums work for me without issue. Across the board. GH5 etc. using 249 for older games and 223 v4 for gh5 and beatles etc. never had intrument issues

Cheers!

phiillh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tHciNc said:
BubbaFett said:

Drums work for me without issue. Across the board. GH5 etc. using 249 for older games and 223 v4 for gh5 and beatles etc. never had intrument issues

Cheers!

I have the rockband 1 drums working with GX, i have the global load set to 249, using rev 14, and the game load set to 223 v3.
All of the Rockband games work but I could not get the mic and the drums to work at the same time, I have not tried GH5 yet.

Bubba, what have you got connected to your hub? I had to disconnect a charge station as it was sapping all of the power and causing my drums not to work originally.

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, MPTrilogy is still not running under 480P on the latest revision ( r730 )? I read the USB loader GX cant runp MpT on 480 time ago, but I was thinking maybe will be fixed sooner or later, but I dont see changes on the log talking about fixing video support for this game.
Any news? Will be possible to run on 480p on the near future, or the laoder has limitations with this game? Not a big problem for me, just curious, I still play from the DVD but from the HDD loading times ( opening doors ) will be a lot faster...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Azariel_z said:
Hi, MPTrilogy is still not running under 480P on the latest revision ( r730 )? I read the USB loader GX cant runp MpT on 480 time ago, but I was thinking maybe will be fixed sooner or later, but I dont see changes on the log talking about fixing video support for this game.
Any news? Will be possible to run on 480p on the near future, or the laoder has limitations with this game? Not a big problem for me, just curious, I still play from the DVD but from the HDD loading times ( opening doors ) will be a lot faster...

This may be unlikely since there is currently only one game that requires this option and said game is fully playable without it.

Bjerlk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has there been any major differences the last 3 revs or so?
Before I was able to play Metroid Trilogy with the alt dol features, even though I had to rechoose each time I wanted to play since it couldnt save altdol names with underscore...

Anyway now updater to 730 I get a nice screen when wanting to choose altdol as to what game I wanted to choose the dol for. All fine there I choose Prime (the first) and click to choose dol. All fine here to it saves without troubles but I get black screen when trying to start...

Using rev14 and on 4.0E. But as said I didnt have "any" troubles before playing...
Something is fishy...

Bjerlk

Edit:
Strikes me now though that I didnt clear sd card of configs before...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bjerlk said:
Has there been any major differences the last 3 revs or so?
Before I was able to play Metroid Trilogy with the alt dol features, even though I had to rechoose each time I wanted to play since it couldnt save altdol names with underscore...

Anyway now updater to 730 I get a nice screen when wanting to choose altdol as to what game I wanted to choose the dol for. All fine there I choose Prime (the first) and click to choose dol. All fine here to it saves without troubles but I get black screen when trying to start...

Using rev14 and on 4.0E. But as said I didnt have "any" troubles before playing...
Something is fishy...

Bjerlk

Edit:
Strikes me now though that I didnt clear sd card of configs before...

could you report back after you've refreshed your config files?

*Edit*
This has just been tested and is working so a config refresh should be all that's required.

gloscherrybomb

Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
Azariel_z said:

This may be unlikely since there is currently only one game that requires this option and said game is fully playable without it.

I'd support this, as it looks terrible on my TV. Doesn't one of the other loaders already support it? Couldnt you borrow code?

Ive noticed that when you click a guitar hero or rock band game the hand changes to the rock fist (awesome!) Would it be possible that when you click metroid prime trilogy (or any other future compilation) you get a choice of which game to load? This would then load the correct alt.dol. Thanks!

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought I saw somewhere a "how-to" to play guitar here 5 but I can not find it anymore.
Can someone give me a link to the tutorial?

Thanx!

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
Hi there guys, I think ive found a bug. Ive been playing MetroidPrime3 for a while now, but since I updated the loader, loading it with ocarina gives me a stack dump.

Any ideas guys?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
ConJ said:
Hi there guys, I think ive found a bug. Ive been playing MetroidPrime3 for a while now, but since I updated the loader, loading it with ocarina gives me a stack dump.

Any ideas guys?

you may have been using a rev below r709 and recently updated to the latest in wich case ocarina has been broken for a while and you need to use a rev below r709 to continue using it

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
ConJ said:

Any ideas guys?

you may have been using a rev below r709 and recently updated to the latest in wich case ocarina has been broken for a while and you need to use a rev below r709 to continue using it

Have either of you checked out the issues at the source page? There's a fix there....

PorkLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This app is sweet, just got it working after updating to 4.1E firmware and everything runs fine
biggrin.gif

Downloading covers is cool, I set up a second partition on the USB HDD to keep all of GX's files (saves my SD slot that way and keeps everything on the one HDD)

Got Wii Sports Resort running as well with the alt dol fixes
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Waffles, because blue triangles agree that skibidi toilet is brain rot