• Likes 48

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
But maybe, just maybe if enough people get behind the idea and we ask nicely, then maybe they will change their minds! :-)
this is the sort of project wherein the people who develop it have to want it, and therefore add it.

unless whatever code is in use by other projects that utilize nand emulation is super componentized, and could be dropped right in.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OncleJulien said:
nikeymikey said:
But maybe, just maybe if enough people get behind the idea and we ask nicely, then maybe they will change their minds! :-)
this is the sort of project wherein the people who develop it have to want it, and therefore add it.

unless whatever code is in use by other projects that utilize nand emulation is super componentized, and could be dropped right in.

But we can hope!!
rolleyes.gif

cortex35

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a very great homebrew, I love it.

But to be perfect I have a little Wishlist
wink.gif
it's only for parental control.

My parental control Wishlist:
- Can configure pctrl outside GXGameSettings.cfg. For Exemple GXGamePctrl.cfg can be sync from Internet such as wiitdb.zip
- Can have a little icon to show parental control status
- Can have different passwd for different level

Thanks.

[[EDIT]] Sorry I make a issue on google code...

kangarookangaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a place where there are themes for this loader (or does this loader not support themes)?

Btw, was the difference between this and usb loader configurable except for the configurabilty of pretty much a lot of stuff.

Chemodile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Chemodile said:
Here is a codedump I'm getting as detailed in this thread.

edit: I'm using whichever revision is currently linked to in the first post of this thread.

If you clicked the big banner at the top of the first page then you have a very old revision of GX. Try downloading the latest revision from here.

Make sure to delete the gxglobal.cfg and gxgamesettings.cfg files from the config folder on your SD/USB so that the old settings files don't conflict with the new loader.
Thanks, seems to be working now.

Any possibility of updating the OP or starting a new thread so that people aren't expected to dig through 713 pages for a current download link?
smile.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Chemodile said:
Any possibility of updating the OP or starting a new thread so that people aren't expected to dig through 713 pages for a current download link?
smile.gif
the app, for a couple hundred revisions, has included a built-in updater.
I need the latest version as well. I don't have my Wii online right now and am working with the school tech on it. But for now I need to download and install offline.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
OncleJulien said:
Chemodile said:
smile.gif
I need the latest version as well. I don't have my Wii online right now and am working with the school tech on it. But for now I need to download and install offline.

Anyone looking for the latest revision of USB Loader GX should bookmark this page.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
leavemealone347 said:
OncleJulien said:
Chemodile said:
smile.gif

Anyone looking for the latest revision of USB Loader GX should bookmark this page.
Thanks for the link, I just bookmarked it. I'm having a problem where when I have a WiiTDB.zip in my root to display the names of each game (which works fine) but when I press 2 to display more info on the publisher etc, USB Loader GX will always crash. Maybe 2 is the wrong button or I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Also when I load Metroid Prime Trilogy 1 and 2 work fine. I read that for 3 to work you need to have a disc in the drive. Does this mean another Wii game (legit or does it matter?). I tried just a blank CD-R and it did not work, maybe if I burned a file on it? Also why is there this problem would it ever be possible to make this game boot like normal? I'm confused as to what difficulty it defaults to.

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
0ld8oy said:
leavemealone347 said:
OncleJulien said:
Chemodile said:
smile.gif

Thanks for the link, I just bookmarked it. I'm having a problem where when I have a WiiTDB.zip in my root to display the names of each game (which works fine) but when I press 2 to display more info on the publisher etc, USB Loader GX will always crash. Maybe 2 is the wrong button or I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Also when I load Metroid Prime Trilogy 1 and 2 work fine. I read that for 3 to work you need to have a disc in the drive. Does this mean another Wii game (legit or does it matter?). I tried just a blank CD-R and it did not work, maybe if I burned a file on it? Also why is there this problem would it ever be possible to make this game boot like normal? I'm confused as to what difficulty it defaults to.

I dont know why you would crash when you push 2 for synopsis info, but i would try deleting your config files and wiitdb.zip and redownloading it, maybe leave it in its original place in config folder as well.

The reason MP3 on trilogy needs a disc in the drive is cause a bug in Rev14 249 was broken dual layer support so you have to use 222 or an older rev of 249, but none of these support the skip disc check which MP3 both in trilogy and regular version require, you could alternatively use Rev12 but its bugs were slow down in loading speeds so i wouldnt reccomend it

Edit: It shouldnt matter what disc you have in the DVD drive blank, legit, burned. I have never tried a CD but maybe it needs a DVD even blank one

mruno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so many replies to this thread (713 pages currently) so forgive me if this has been answered already but...

Does usb loader gx have any kind of utility to download settings that each game needs? Or can you download the game settings from somewhere else?
For example: The Conduit needs 002 fix set to ON.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
mruno said:
so many replies to this thread (713 pages currently) so forgive me if this has been answered already but...

Does usb loader gx have any kind of utility to download settings that each game needs? Or can you download the game settings from somewhere else?
Nope
But enabling (anti)002fix on a game that doesn't need it shouldn't cause troubles

I'm also going to recommend everyone interested in GX to go to our new forum: http://forum.koureio.net/
smile.gif

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mruno said:

i think the prevailing thought on this sort of feature is that there are so many different type of wiis (region, firmware), and so many different types of mods, that no single setting would have any hope of working for more than a small percentage of end users. i think that experimentation and trial and error will yield better results than any type of one-size-fits-all attempt at a settings database/repository.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
I dont know why you would crash when you push 2 for synopsis info, but i would try deleting your config files and wiitdb.zip and redownloading it, maybe leave it in its original place in config folder as well.

The reason MP3 on trilogy needs a disc in the drive is cause a bug in Rev14 249 was broken dual layer support so you have to use 222 or an older rev of 249, but none of these support the skip disc check which MP3 both in trilogy and regular version require, you could alternatively use Rev12 but its bugs were slow down in loading speeds so i wouldnt reccomend it

Edit: It shouldnt matter what disc you have in the DVD drive blank, legit, burned. I have never tried a CD but maybe it needs a DVD even blank one
With 222 none of the games will boot properly, with 249 all but Metroid Prime 3 work fine (gives me "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off, Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information." Is my 222 file corrupted or something?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
Skater4599 said:

With 222 none of the games will boot properly, with 249 all but Metroid Prime 3 work fine (gives me "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off, Please read the Wii Operations Manual for more information." Is my 222 file corrupted or something?

you need to have 222 set globally for it to work properly. With 222 rev 4 installed as 38 merge 37 set globally and global 002fix set to ANTI you should be able to load 99.9% of games without issue. the only downside is needing a dvd or wii game in the drive for Metroid Prime 3 and de Blob.

When changing your global boot...perform the following steps in order:
1) Start the loader, go to Game Load settings and change BootIOS to 222
2) Exit the loader before trying to start a game.
3) Enter the loader again and play your game
It's necessary to restart the loader after changing the global boot so that the loader boots with the new IOS.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I am asking alot but after seeing this loader I was hoping maybe you could add a modified way of displaying the wii boxart like the default of this loader http://hibernatus34.free.fr/wiiflow/ Wiiflow has a professional look to it and would work great with clicking on the boxart when pressing the 1 button and it flips the boxart. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT