• Views 7,160,996
  • Replies 29,357
  • Likes 47

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried 762 with 222 83 with 37, rev4. Got code dumps, 2x while in main menu, before clicking on games.

EDIT
Tried back to 760, then 755. Both have problems. It freezes up at the menu selection screen, after a few minutes. If I pick a game it starts then freezes after a minute or two, usually about the time the game start screen shows up.
This is all happening after last night I updated 222 rev4 (because 749 and up does not support rev3).
I don't know if it;s the 222/223 or GX or combo of both. I've tried running discs directly and there wasn't a problem

EDIT 2
Tried to back before 749, so I used 747. Still the same problem.
ANY suggestions? I'm starting to thing it's more than a GX problem and more of a cios problem

Edit 3
OK it's working again.
I went back to 222/223 rev3. Still using 747 because the newer revision will not work with rev 3 (or so it says).

***EDIT 4***
TOTAL CRAZINESSS.
OK so I THOUGHT it was working. Then it froze up again, after it worked 3 successful times.
So what did I change between then? My internet setting. As of last night I cleared the wireless internet settings because my young kids play the wii (I just mess with it, hardly actually play). I can't risk having them update. They like to use the Mii channel, and that would lead to an update. So I go ahead and enable my WAP with my password and all. Bam back working again with NO freezups.
This is no good for me, like I just said the risks with updating to 4.2 are too great with the kids messing around. So I check out the internet settings again. The wiiconnect 24 was on standby. I turned that OFF and now bingo it works again.
There's a conflict somehow with NO internet connection and thw wiiconnect24 on. It was locking up the wii somehow.
The strange part is that wiisports disc worked fine with no freezeups, but when I ran anything from GX, it froze.
Can anyone else explain this problem. Although I think I solved it, others may have this problem.

It's late now and I'm about to hit the sack. In the next few days I'll try 222 rev 4 again with teh latest GX.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anybody wants to test out this little fix for the people that got their cIOS deleted by updating

http://www.mediafire.com/?umkrclcmejo

it is just the same as the normal dol but falls back on ios250(0xffff) if 249 cant be loaded. if 249 is present, no noticeable difference should be seen.im not going to put in extra options to select between 249 and 250 because they have the same functionality. it is not tested just because i didn't want to delete an ios. im sure somebody will test it.

Azariel_z

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
marinos35 said:
I have already informed at the news of http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ and our forum, but just in case that you don't check that places

IMPORTANT

Since r749 and on, USB Loader GX has been updated for better support of cIOS 222/223 rev4. Unfortunately that dropped the compatibility with the previous versions of cIOS 222/223. You can find rev4 at the above site, at downloads page

By the way for two days the new revs probably won't make it to the server for auto update.

Later, marinos35|koureio35

PS: If I find the time I may update the newest revs to the site though

-----------------
EDIT
r762 dol/elf at the site
tongue.gif

Thanks, pal.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
R763!
QUOTE said:
The mload/ehcmodule update is now complete, thanks to dimok. You need to update
Hermes cIOS 222/223 to v4 if you use it because it works the same as in uloader,
only v4 is supported.
You may have to delete your main configuration file before updating if you had
v3 installed. For some games, you will have to use 222 instead of 223 (RB
instruments, GH 5) if you had 222 v3.
If you think you need an external ehcmodule.elf, you can put it in
SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ and it will be loaded.

Fixed crash when setting a custom path using the folder button ( issue 864 ).
Fixed black screen when starting the loader from HBC a long time after powering
the Wii and the HDD went to sleep (tested on a WD 2,5") (possible fix for issue
881).

Finally!
smile.gif

KageJuin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've read most of the first post, but didnt feel like watching ALL the vids
I watched the first vid and the first GUI vid.. >_<

sorry....would be nice if someone wrote something too, since I tend to read rather than watch to save time
but fine

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KageJuin said:
I will go see it
it's just...ugh....the way I understood this tut I'd have to load the games in the disc tray the first time anyway
Thats how you put the games on HDD with the loader
You can also copy games that are on your PC to a HDD

KageJuin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
marinos35 said:
r763 at http://usbloadergx.koureio.net

Again, only rev4 of Hermes cIOS222 is compatible
Delete your main configuration file before updating

look...I dont get this, should I rehack these things in my Wii again
or can I just go along and use the USB loader GX
with only my cIOS249 rev 13?

I'm frankly getting tired of constantly messing wth my Wii's organs..
xDDD

so, why do I have to play with 222 and 223 again?
if I already have 249?

also...nowhere in the tut does it say it's required..

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You may have problems means you are required to be on the safe side. cios222 is used for some games that 249 is incompatible (v14 which is the best rev of 249 doesn't support DVD9 games like metroid trilogy, smash bros, but also GH5, monster hunter and some other games aren't support by any rev of 249). If you don't need it, don't install it.

Also if you don't want to delete the main config file don't. But before you start asking help with any problems, you have to delete that first.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
marinos35 said:
I have already informed at the news of http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ and our forum, but just in case that you don't check that places

IMPORTANT

Since r749 and on, USB Loader GX has been updated for better support of cIOS 222/223 rev4. Unfortunately that dropped the compatibility with the previous versions of cIOS 222/223. You can find rev4 at the above site, at downloads page

By the way for two days the new revs probably won't make it to the server for auto update.

Later, marinos35|koureio35

PS: If I find the time I may update the newest revs to the site though

-----------------
EDIT
r762 dol/elf at the site
tongue.gif

How must the cIOS 222 and cIOS 223 been installed I mean the merge settings. I have a lot of option to choose when I want to install the cIOS 222 and 223.
And what are the best global settiongs to set?

Thanx!

KageJuin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
marinos35 said:
You may have problems means you are required to be on the safe side. cios222 is used for some games that 249 is incompatible (v14 which is the best rev of 249 doesn't support DVD9 games like metroid trilogy, smash bros, but also GH5, monster hunter and some other games aren't support by any rev of 249). If you don't need it, don't install it.

Also if you don't want to delete the main config file don't. But before you start asking help with any problems, you have to delete that first.

this is great..thanks for your help
but..one more thing, what is the main config file?
of what? >_>''

man...I'm not all into the homebrew scene, but had my old wii hacked ages ago
and now I went and hacked my black JP wii
and I'm trying to understand most of this...it's just not obvious all the time

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you giantpune for adding the much need dvd support. I no buy now some one has already posted about the keyboard acting up. Aka typeing strange stuff mostly for me when I press the w button for my password is wii. But if not I realy wanted to thank you for adding the dvd support anyways. So keep up the good work.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Royusmc said:
Thank you giantpune for adding the much need dvd support. I no buy now some one has already posted about the keyboard acting up. Aka typeing strange stuff mostly for me when I press the w button for my password is wii. But if not I realy wanted to thank you for adding the dvd support anyways. So keep up the good work.

Got the same issue. With every letter I type the first time.
tongue.gif

Could be the config file (which I didn't deleted after updating) though, but I doubt it.

And the DVD support is really nice yes.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass