sorry 38 merged 37
smile.gif

Mycomeback31

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I wish i put my covers on my HDD. How should I do? Can i put them on the WBFS partition or must i make another partition in FAT or FAT32?

Thanks

PS : Sorry if i had unvolontary skipped a presentation topic.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mycomeback31 said:
Hi!

I wish i put my covers on my HDD. How should I do? Can i put them on the WBFS partition or must i make another partition in FAT or FAT32?

Thanks

PS : Sorry if i had unvolontary skipped a presentation topic.

just press the 1 button on your wiimote when you are in the loader and it will download them for you
smile.gif

Mycomeback31

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know that and how to make the program put covers in the directory you want. But i saw we can put on the HDD and not on the SDcard. That's what i try to do.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mycomeback31 said:
I know that and how to make the program put covers in the directory you want. But i saw we can put on the HDD and not on the SDcard. That's what i try to do.

They go in the fat32 partition of the harddrive, not the WBFS.

Follow the link to the readmii in my signature for more info.

moolama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have been trying to make this program work for hours but my wii wosent recognize my hard drive. Now in my random googlings I can across another guide of how to set this up, it mentioned how update 4.0 could make use of using a hard drive to boot backups. Now I don't have version 4.0 becaus I havn't updated my wii since I got the homebrew channel so I have 3. somthing. Will upgrading to 4.0 fix my problem? and if so im assuming that my homebrew channel will still work?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moolama said:
I have been trying to make this program work for hours but my wii wosent recognize my hard drive. Now in my random googlings I can across another guide of how to set this up, it mentioned how update 4.0 could make use of using a hard drive to boot backups. Now I don't have version 4.0 becaus I havn't updated my wii since I got the homebrew channel so I have 3. somthing. Will upgrading to 4.0 fix my problem? and if so im assuming that my homebrew channel will still work?

4.0 is not required for USB Loading. What drive are you using (brand, model, size)?

Make sure your cIOS is up to date (cIOS38 rev14, installs to IOS 249).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
moolama said:
You can update to 4.1 while keeping all hacks
but the chance is small it will help your drive
be sure to test BOTH usb ports on the wii

Maybe you can give a bit more info about the drive?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Its cause of that mudkipguy

btw, you only post in this topic, while I post in many others

and you didn't tell to use both ports, did you?
smileipb2.png

I post in a couple others...
rolleyes.gif
I did say "as long as I don't read any others" though
tongue.gif

I try to give a little bit of info at a time so noobs don't end up on the floor in the fetal position crying from their inability to comprehend more than one option at a time
tongue.gif

moolama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nIxx said:
The size on the HDD will be always the same as before but if you compress the game it becomes smaller.
So you can´t get a smaller ISO file.

0ld8oy said:
moolama said:

4.0 is not required for USB Loading. What drive are you using (brand, model, size)?

Make sure your cIOS is up to date (cIOS38 rev14, installs to IOS 249).

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Sep 4 2009, 06:50 PM) QUOTE(moolama @ Sep 4 2009, 06:27 PM)
You can update to 4.1 while keeping all hacks
but the chance is small it will help your drive
be sure to test BOTH usb ports on the wii

Maybe you can give a bit more info about the drive?

I have a LaCie 1tb harddrive that I have tried connecting to both usb ports via a cable. I have IOS 249 installed and so far every other homebrew app I have tried has worked flawlessly. I am starting to think that I am either doing something wrong or I have a harddrive that is not supported. Il see if I can get the exact model # name in a sec il put that in my next post.

EDIT Ok I have LaCie d2 Quadra Hard Disk Im not sure what the serial number is. Also I have tried formatting it to fat32 and running the usb loader because one post said it would ask me if I wanted to format it to be used with the loader. I have also created a raw partition and tried formating with wbfs.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moolama said:
I have a LaCie 1tb harddrive that I have tried connecting to both usb ports via a cable. I have IOS 249 installed and so far every other homebrew app I have tried has worked flawlessly. I am starting to think that I am either doing something wrong or I have a harddrive that is not supported. Il see if I can get the exact model # name in a sec il put that in my next post.

Like tj_cool said, make sure you are using the USB port closest to the outside edge of the Wii (that's the bottom port if your Wii is laying down)

Also, grab the cIOS 249 rev 14 installer from my files link in my signature and run it to be sure that you are the most up to date. If you haven't updated your cIOS within the last few weeks, you are probably out of date.

***edit***
...and tj_cool is still the fastest gun in the...east

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moolama said:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...patibility_List

my experiences with lacie's have been hit and miss...both inside the world of wii and out.

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
a little question off-topic, sorry about this...but this is surelly the most active thread arround here.

Currently my wii's on Bootmii as boot2, should i install as IOS too? anyone?

Sorry again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That's even worse :angry:😡 :sad::cry::cry::cry: