• Likes 48

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just curious with the new update to hermes ios 222 what settings the people who have tried it are useing. What I mean is say what channel ios 222 and 223 are set or merged on etc.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got an idea for USB Loader GX that may be useful and doable.

Many games (I think, as I'm relatively new to Wii softmodding) require specific settings for them to work properly. The 002 fix for example. I often run into that error, a code dump or a black screen.

Wouldn't it be neat if there was an Ocrina-like option to download recommended settings from a server for a specific game? I guess the contents are mostly dependant of the user's Wii region, so in that case there has to be a check on that, accompanied by a different 'recommended settings' file (as I see that as the most easy option). A new extention could be thought up like Ocarina's .gct too
smile.gif

What do you think?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been forgetting to post the WiiBoxart mod since I recommend WiiTDB instead. However, I received a PM asking for it, so here it is. Please try the normal, WiiTDB version first. If it truly isn't to your liking, then go ahead and grab:

USB Loader GX r719 WiiBoxart Mod

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding cIOS 222 rev 4,

After extensive testing last night using all possible installations, I've found the following:

- cIOS 222 rev 4 is noticeably slower in loading games
- I've experienced the same stuttering issues with The Conduit multiplayer menus and SSBB FMVs that are present in cIOS 249 rev 12-14 but are not present in cIOS 222 rev 3.
- Compatibility seems unchanged for most games, however, I've not tested with Guitar Hero 5 which to my understanding required IOS 37 merged with IOS 36 to work properly.
- IOS 36 is not an option for any type of installation. IOS 36 has much faster loading than IOS 38 but also contains a bug (I don't know the specifics about it) which is why Hermes followed suit with Waninkoko and started basing the cIOS on the IOS 38 kernal.
- "Insert Disc" games still require a disc in the drive to play. This is not a bug in cIOS 222. GX still needs to update Hermes mload.
- I personally have reverted back to cIOS 222 rev 3 installed as 37 merge 36 since I had no issues with it and load speeds were much better. The is not a recommedation, just a preference. Do what works best for you.

Twid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
jelbo said:
I've got an idea for USB Loader GX that may be useful and doable.

Many games (I think, as I'm relatively new to Wii softmodding) require specific settings for them to work properly. The 002 fix for example. I often run into that error, a code dump or a black screen.

Wouldn't it be neat if there was an Ocrina-like option to download recommended settings from a server for a specific game? I guess the contents are mostly dependant of the user's Wii region, so in that case there has to be a check on that, accompanied by a different 'recommended settings' file (as I see that as the most easy option). A new extention could be thought up like Ocarina's .gct too
smile.gif

What do you think?
Good idea, a "settings" database would be helpfull...
...because I still haven't understood how to launch Metroid Trilogy and Guitar Hero 5
tongue.gif

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:

After extensive testing last night using all possible installations, I've found the following:

- I've experienced the same stuttering issues with The Conduit multiplayer menus and SSBB FMVs that are present in cIOS 249 rev 12-14 but are not present in cIOS 222 rev 3.
- Compatibility seems unchanged for most games, however, I've not tested with Guitar Hero 5 which to my understanding required IOS 37 merged with IOS 36 to work properly.
- IOS 36 is not an option for any type of installation. IOS 36 has much faster loading than IOS 38 but also contains a bug (I don't know the specifics about it) which is why Hermes followed suit with Waninkoko and started basing the cIOS on the IOS 38 kernal.
- I personally have reverted back to cIOS 222 rev 3 installed as 37 merge 36 since I had no issues with it and load speeds were much better. The is not a recommedation, just a preference. Do what works best for you.

This is good info thanks for this. Anyone know if by chance hermes added a fix for the please insert disc games like metroid prime 3 on his cIOS like waninkoko did or still not present in Rev 4?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
0ld8oy said:

This is good info thanks for this. Anyone know if by chance hermes added a fix for the please insert disc games like metroid prime 3 on his cIOS like waninkoko did or still not present in Rev 4?

I edited my original post to include this but the "Insert Disc" issue was actually corrected back in cIOS 222 rev 2, GX just needs to sort through/update Hermes mload to implement it.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skater4599 said:
0ld8oy said:

I just wanted to let people know that it maybe worth trying cIOS 222 rev 4. On my wii super smash bros animation is great as it was in rev 3 but now I can play guitar hero 5. The loading time is a little slow 5 or 6 sec. But I got the time to wait. Well thanks again for the info as not all wii's work the same.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
Revision 719 dol and channel are now available for download via the loader's WiFi update option. Revision 719 adds the ability to change GameIDs which is useful for modded games such as the Custom Guitar Hero discs.

Downloads are also available from my files link in my signature.
When I try to update, I get code-dump'd. When I try to install the r719 wad, I get an error...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:
Revision 719 dol and channel are now available for download via the loader's WiFi update option. Revision 719 adds the ability to change GameIDs which is useful for modded games such as the Custom Guitar Hero discs.

When I try to update, I get code-dump'd. When I try to install the r719 wad, I get an error...

Which revision are you updating from? Make sure when you are installing the wad that you are selecting IOS 249 for the install.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:

Which revision are you updating from? Make sure when you are installing the wad that you are selecting IOS 249 for the install.
I'm installing from USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder (My bad, I know). And how do I select 249 for the install (I'm using Wad Manager 1.3)?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:

I'm installing from USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder (My bad, I know). And how do I select 249 for the install (I'm using Wad Manager 1.3)?

use wad manager 1.4 or 1.5 and it'll let you select 249 for the install.

what i really need to know is what revision you are on at this very moment...

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:
]

Download 719 from my files link, rename it boot.dol and replace the one in your SD: //apps/usbloader_gx/ with the new one. Then delete your config files and try again.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
silverbullet1080 said:
0ld8oy said:
]

Download 719 from my files link, rename it boot.dol and replace the one in your SD: //apps/usbloader_gx/ with the new one. Then delete your config files and try again.
Harddrive isn't being read now, but that's probably the HDDs fault I guess.

Yeah, I got the loader running, but I still get black-screen'd on GH5.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:

Make sure that your HDD is plugged into the port closest to the outside edge of the Wii (on the bottom if your Wii is horizontal). GH5 requires setting the Boot IOS to 222 in the loader's settings. Use the cIOS 222 rev 3 installer that's in my files link in my signature. Make sure you grab rev 3 and not rev 4. Also, make sure that you completely read the following notes before reporting any issues regarding this.

From the ReadMii:
NOTES:
-You can have cIOS36/38 and cIOS222/223 installed at the same time. Every version has its own (dis)advantages.

-If your global cIOS is 249 and you set an individual game's cIOS to 222/223, it will not always work. This is a bug in cIOS 249. On the other hand, if you set your global boot to 222 and set an individual boot to 249, it will work fine every time.

-If you change your global boot cIOS you need to completely exit out of the loader and restart it in order for the change to take effect. If you do not do this you will get a black screen. It is also necessary to delete your GXgamesettings.cfg file from your config folder on your SD/USB to prevent any setting conflicts since anything in GXgamesettings.cfg overrides the GXglobal.cfg file.

-Setting your global boot to 222 (installed as 37 merge 36) and setting your global 002fix to ANTI will result in 99% compatibility with no glitching/stuttering on IN REGION games. For OUT OF REGION games you need to also set the Video Mode to AUTOPATCH. The 1% non-compatibility is from the "please insert disc" games. However, those games are fully playable by simply inserting any dvd into your drive (I just stick a blank one in) OR by loading those specific games with cIOS 249 rev 12 or higher.

-Make sure you always delete the 00000001 folder from the root of your SD/USB before doing any network installation of cIOS 222/223. If you install cIOS 222 as just 36, you will still get the same glitches found in cIOS 249 rev 14. 37 merge 36 is necessary.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
0ld8oy said:
silverbullet1080 said:

Make sure that your HDD is plugged into the port closest to the outside edge of the Wii (on the bottom if your Wii is horizontal). GH5 requires setting the Boot IOS to 222 in the loader's settings. Use the cIOS 222 rev 3 installer that's in my files link in my signature. Make sure you grab rev 3 and not rev 4. Also, make sure that you completely read the following notes before reporting any issues regarding this.

From the ReadMii:
NOTES:
-You can have cIOS36/38 and cIOS222/223 installed at the same time. Every version has its own (dis)advantages.

-If your global cIOS is 249 and you set an individual game's cIOS to 222/223, it will not always work. This is a bug in cIOS 249. On the other hand, if you set your global boot to 222 and set an individual boot to 249, it will work fine every time.

-If you change your global boot cIOS you need to completely exit out of the loader and restart it in order for the change to take effect. If you do not do this you will get a black screen. It is also necessary to delete your GXgamesettings.cfg file from your config folder on your SD/USB to prevent any setting conflicts since anything in GXgamesettings.cfg overrides the GXglobal.cfg file.

-Setting your global boot to 222 (installed as 37 merge 36) and setting your global 002fix to ANTI will result in 99% compatibility with no glitching/stuttering on IN REGION games. For OUT OF REGION games you need to also set the Video Mode to AUTOPATCH. The 1% non-compatibility is from the "please insert disc" games. However, those games are fully playable by simply inserting any dvd into your drive (I just stick a blank one in) OR by loading those specific games with cIOS 249 rev 12 or higher.

-Make sure you always delete the 00000001 folder from the root of your SD/USB before doing any network installation of cIOS 222/223. If you install cIOS 222 as just 36, you will still get the same glitches found in cIOS 249 rev 14. 37 merge 36 is necessary.
Installing ios 37 merged with 36 using rev 3 installer causes a code dump when initializing the network. Unless it's wifi only and ethernet is unusable.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, now when I open the loader it says it can't detect a HDD, so when I select 249, it opens the loader and shows me 20+ copies of Guitar Hero 5 and each with a different size, and none of my normal games. Not to mention my space free went from 233GB to 101GB.

drgreenhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, So I have usb loader gx, the latest version, everything runs perfectly except for Super Sluggers, Mario power tennis, and excite truck. When any of these games are selected GX loader shuts down and sends me back to the Wii menu. Actually it want even let me select any of the 3. Super sluggers is a direct download from the original disc. Any ideas? I'm running 4.1u and cios249 and 38rev14. I will go ahead and say that this is a repost since I did not get any suggestions from the original post. I've searched everywhere and can't find any similar problems. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening. I have 38 games in total on the HDD that run fine besides these. Of the 38 games many are ones that others have issues with such as, Sports Resort, Tiger Woods 2010, and Metroid Prime trilogy. No problem with these. Thanks for any info or ideas you may have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: See you tomorrow.