Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Skater4599 said:
0ld8oy said:
Regarding cIOS 222 rev 4,

After extensive testing last night using all possible installations, I've found the following:

- cIOS 222 rev 4 is noticeably slower in loading games
- I've experienced the same stuttering issues with The Conduit multiplayer menus and SSBB FMVs that are present in cIOS 249 rev 12-14 but are not present in cIOS 222 rev 3.
- Compatibility seems unchanged for most games, however, I've not tested with Guitar Hero 5 which to my understanding required IOS 37 merged with IOS 36 to work properly.
- IOS 36 is not an option for any type of installation. IOS 36 has much faster loading than IOS 38 but also contains a bug (I don't know the specifics about it) which is why Hermes followed suit with Waninkoko and started basing the cIOS on the IOS 38 kernal.
- I personally have reverted back to cIOS 222 rev 3 installed as 37 merge 36 since I had no issues with it and load speeds were much better. The is not a recommedation, just a preference. Do what works best for you.

This is good info thanks for this. Anyone know if by chance hermes added a fix for the please insert disc games like metroid prime 3 on his cIOS like waninkoko did or still not present in Rev 4?

I edited my original post to include this but the "Insert Disc" issue was actually corrected back in cIOS 222 rev 2, GX just needs to sort through/update Hermes mload to implement it.

I found with rev4 that if you have the default IOS set to 222 and then go to launch a game with the game specific settings set to 249 then you get a black screen, basically the same issue that you get with waninkoko's rev14 not allowing 222/223 to be used for individual games but reversed. Also I second the issues with The Conduit multiplayer with rev4, but I have no issue with SSBB, whereas with rev3 I would have issues with it freezing, I have found rev2 to be the most compatible, i.e. no issues with The Conduit (or very minor) and SSBB working fine, I don't have any instruments yet so I cant talk about that.

remixer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dunno if this classes as a bug or not .. but i'll report this anyways

i have a 4.1 ntsc wii / cios 38 rev 14 / hermes 222 rev 4 / usb loader rev 718

I tried just about every combo of IOS / video mode / ios block reload / 002fix / all other settings
to try to get my copy of 007 quantum of solace to run .. so far in GX i have been unsuccessful and i was messing with it for at least 2 hours .

However in moment madness i made a loadstructor channel for it and it runs just fine on ios249 ..
so why can't i get this to work in GX ??

Thanks for all the great work done so far on this app !!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
slingshot27 said:
I have 2 questions?
1. Does the game "Metroid Prime Trilogy" run on this USBLoader, because it is a Dual Layer game?
2. Normally I look at the game compatibility list, put it looks like it does not exists anymore on http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...e_Compatibility
Does someone where it has moved to?

Many thanx!
1. The fact its dual-layered has nothing to do with USB loaders. For a USB loader its just a bigger file. So it runs fine on USB loader.
However, MPT has a special boot method. It is described in many topics here and in the GX readmii.
2. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...e_Compatibility

There are some issues with the Wiki. I PMed a staff member about it and even made a topic for it, but they seem to ignore it
mad.gif

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
slingshot27 said:
I have 2 questions?
1. Does the game "Metroid Prime Trilogy" run on this USBLoader, because it is a Dual Layer game?
2. Normally I look at the game compatibility list, put it looks like it does not exists anymore on http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB...e_Compatibility
Does someone where it has moved to?

Many thanx!
1. The fact its dual-layered has nothing to do with USB loaders. For a USB loader its just a bigger file. So it runs fine on USB loader.
However, MPT has a special boot method. It is described in many topics here and in the GX readmii.
2. http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...e_Compatibility

There are some issues with the Wiki. I PMed a staff member about it and even made a topic for it, but they seem to ignore it
mad.gif

I have found this in the readmii, I will try it! Thanx !!

[10b]Metroid Prime Trilogy
Remove the disc before starting MPT!

This is one of the most difficult games to boot from USB. First, you need to extract 3 alt-dols:
rs5mp1_p.dol for Metroid Prime 1
re5mp2_p.dol for Metroid Prime 2
rs5mp3_p.dol for Metroid prime 3

1) First time boot the game without alt-dol (If this doesn't work, extract rs5fe_p.dol, rename it to R3MX01.dol and boot the game with this alt-dol). It will generate a save file. Exit the game.
2) Now the difficult part: All 3 alt dols have to be named R3MX01.dol . For this to be possible, you have to make a folder for each one. Every time you want to change game, you have to change the alt-dol path. The alt-dol that is used decides which game is play-able in the trilogy.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
First try Dol from disc instead of extracting them
smile.gif

First time boot the game without alt-dol as it says
The set alt dol to disc and use the next option to browse for one of the MP dols
Save, boot the game and it will auto-load the MP you chose

edit: no

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tj_cool said:
First try Dol from disc instead of extracting them
smile.gif

First time boot the game without alt-dol as it says
The set alt dol to disc and use the next option to browse for one of the MP dols
Save, boot the game and it will auto-load the MP you chose

That would be great!

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Right addressing the issue we have had since rev 14 update with being able to play ios 222 games if our main configuration is set to to ios 249. I like a lot of people here noticed that this happened useing GxLoader whereas on rev 13a it all worked fine. I did know what the problem was at the time so tried setting ios 222 as default which worked great but everytime I clicked to go back to wii menu I had a black screen reseting worked fine. So I tried Configurable Usb Loader which I don't think has a default Ios you just set it per game and I now have games useing ios 222 and 249 both working fine. It is a pain setting every game up wheras a default ios is a lot easier. I still have the black screen problem when clicking Wii Menu but this way allows me to just use ios 222 for the games that need it and not them all. I forgot to mention when I had GX Loader set to Ios 222 by default I could not load any games set to ios 249. I understand this problem may just be to do with my set up and other people do not have this problem. The reason for this post is to let people know that in my opinion rev 14 has a conflict with the setup of haveing default ios on Gx Loader . It isn't the loaders fault it is just since the rev 14 update.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kboxer said:
Right addressing the issue we have had since rev 14 update with being able to play ios 222 games if our main configuration is set to to ios 249. I like a lot of people here noticed that this happened useing GxLoader whereas on rev 13a it all worked fine. I did know what the problem was at the time so tried setting ios 222 as default which worked great but everytime I clicked to go back to wii menu I had a black screen reseting worked fine. So I tried Configurable Usb Loader which I don't think has a default Ios you just set it per game and I now have games useing ios 222 and 249 both working fine. It is a pain setting every game up wheras a default ios is a lot easier. I still have the black screen problem when clicking Wii Menu but this way allows me to just use ios 222 for the games that need it and not them all. I forgot to mention when I had GX Loader set to Ios 222 by default I could not load any games set to ios 249. I understand this problem may just be to do with my set up and other people do not have this problem. The reason for this post is to let people know that in my opinion rev 14 has a conflict with the setup of haveing default ios on Gx Loader . It isn't the loaders fault it is just since the rev 14 update.

It's very difficult to read 8 lines with no spacing. Please try to break up your messages a little bit to make them easier on the eyes.

cIOS 222 will work for any game so there should not be an issue with using it globally. Just make sure to do the following in order when you set it:
- Delete your config files (gxglobal.cfg and gxgamesettings.cfg). This is necessary to prevent any conflicts of settings.
- Start the loader and set your global boot to 222
- Set your global 002fix to ANTI
- Do not turn on Block IOS Reload! It only works for one game (House of the Dead 2 & 3) and you can just turn it on in that game's individual settings.
- Completely exit the loader (This is necessary so that the loader boots using IOS 222, otherwise you'll get blackscreen)
- Re-enter the loader
- Play your games. You can now set individual boots to 249 and 223 without issue.

The reason you get the blackscreen when going back to the WiiMenu via the home button is because you have Block IOS Reload ON. Turn it off globally and just turn it on for the one game that requires it in that game's individual settings.

kboxer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thank you for your reply I do apologise my grammar aint great. I will investigate my settings further but I know I have already deleted the config files etc after setting ios 222 as default but still was unable to get any game working thru ios 249. Will investigate further and post back here if I have any success.

silverbullet1080

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
silverbullet1080 said:
Alright, now when I open the loader it says it can't detect a HDD, so when I select 249, it opens the loader and shows me 20+ copies of Guitar Hero 5 and each with a different size, and none of my normal games. Not to mention my space free went from 233GB to 101GB.
Also, when I plug it into the laptop, the HDD shows the real games and actual space left.

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,i use a PAL release.
i can start Metroid 1 and Metroid 2 with alternate.dol.But by Metroid 3 it comes the Disc Error.
"An error has occured,please remove the disc..."or so
in german:
Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten ,bitte entferne die Disc ....

How can is start MP3 from the triology?Another Cios?

Bye

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not working for me.I insert a Disc after Error Screen but nothing happend.Wiimote turn off.
Is not the normal Error Screen.
"An Error has occured.Press Eject Button,remove the Disc,and turn the Power off.Please read the Wii Operations manual for more Information."

Have you installed Hermes Cios 222?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@ CubeLer
Yes I have cIOS222

but how did you rip it to HDD?

@j0k3r
Both
Install 222 as 37 merged 38 and 223 as 38
And install cIOS38r14

Then use 222 as global cIOS
and use any cIOS as per-game cIOS

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I install it From my Original.I have not installed Hermes Cios.I will test with Cios Rev13.
Can i install Cios222 and Cios 14?
Bye

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
@ CubeLer
Yes I have cIOS222

@j0k3r
Both
And install cIOS38r14

what ?
wink.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverbullet1080 said:
silverbullet1080 said:
Alright, now when I open the loader it says it can't detect a HDD, so when I select 249, it opens the loader and shows me 20+ copies of Guitar Hero 5 and each with a different size, and none of my normal games. Not to mention my space free went from 233GB to 101GB.
Also, when I plug it into the laptop, the HDD shows the real games and actual space left.

Try installing another game via WBFS Manager 3.0, then check with GX to see if the problem persists.
Here is a link to a similar issue. One of the fixes there may work for you if WBFS Manager does not.

j0k3r said:
QUOTE(tj_cool @ Sep 4 2009, 03:56 PM)
@ CubeLer
Yes I have cIOS222

@j0k3r
Both
And install cIOS38r14

what ?
wink.gif

I think he is telling you to install 222 rev4 as 38 merge 37 and 223 as 48.
And to install cIOS38r14 (249 rev 14)

Then to use 222 as your global cIOS
tongue.gif

and adjust anything else on an individual game level

You'll also want to set your global 002fix to ANTI

And delete your config files before doing all of this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Last job Ancient went to, he got fired for drinking on the job. +1