sl33py

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piberry said:
QUOTE said:
I was looking at the program WBFSSync and was wondering if this could be done natively
in the Loader GX itself. I know Rockband has a USB hub for its intruments so...
could two drive be hooked up on a hub? Not necessarily for larger storage but one for
the main game storage and the other for backups. That way you wouldn't have to remove
your drive or mess with a PC. Just periodically copy new games to the backup drive.
Don't know if there are limits to the number of drives that can be attached or not.
no you can't plug in and copy like that
need a pc though
smile.gif

Yeah I know it doesn't support it currnently
frown.gif
but do you get what I am saying? Since the
loader can already rip and read/write to the drive, does the underlying Wii hardware support
recognizing multiple drives? Then with a "new" feature (I know...always asking for more
biggrin.gif
)
you could possibly mirror from one drive to the other drive, hands off and hassel free!
I wasn't sure what the real restrictions were for the Wii or even the software are.
Just my thoughts.

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All my games work on rev14. Is there a reason I should install hermes? I understand that people install hermes to use rockband, but is there any other advantages. Thanks friends.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
its a advantage when a game wont load or run correctly on 249 rev 14 and you dont want to downgrade that cIOS, somes game need 222/223 to run smoothly, like SSBB, The Conduit(Online Play), MP3(MPT), Guitar Heroe 5 and some others,

i recommend it if you dont already have it plus it also have IOS202 for USB2.0 support for MPlayer CE and other homebrew

goku21temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
its a advantage when a game wont load or run correctly on 249 rev 14 and you dont want to downgrade that cIOS, somes game need 222/223 to run smoothly, like SSBB, The Conduit(Online Play), MP3(MPT), Guitar Heroe 5 and some others,

i recommend it if you dont already have it plus it also have IOS202 for USB2.0 support for MPlayer CE and other homebrew

mpt runs smoothly on rev14 for me ...

piberry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hmmm i got some problems
frown.gif

start off using hermes rev2 (222) (thought it was rev3 but actually rev2) and everything was fine
then updated to hermes rev4 (222/223) and everything was fine (loading time was actually slower)
but after that, i installed 202 rev4 for the wiixplorer and i started getting black screen running game off my HDD (222 set to global, try to run MP3 Corruption by 249), and sometimes GX didn't recognize the HDD (have to choose either cios 249 or 222 to retry in 30 secs)
tried to delete the config files but the problems persisted
then i try to reinstall hermes rev3 (all)
black screen solved
still got the "no usb device found"
frown.gif

also tried to delete the config files but nothing changed

any suggestion?
frown.gif

oh i used offline method though
gx rev 719
cios 249 rev 14

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goku21temp said:
pepxl said:

mpt runs smoothly on rev14 for me ...
I take it you haven't tried playing MP3 on trilogy yet.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
piberry said:
hmmm i got some problems
frown.gif

start off using hermes rev2 (222) (thought it was rev3 but actually rev2) and everything was fine
then updated to hermes rev4 (222/223) and everything was fine (loading time was actually slower)
but after that, i installed 202 rev4 for the wiixplorer and i started getting black screen running game off my HDD (222 set to global, try to run MP3 Corruption by 249), and sometimes GX didn't recognize the HDD (have to choose either cios 249 or 222 to retry in 30 secs)
tried to delete the config files but the problems persisted
then i try to reinstall hermes rev3 (all)
black screen solved
still got the "no usb device found"
frown.gif

also tried to delete the config files but nothing changed

any suggestion?
frown.gif

oh i used offline method though
gx rev 719
cios 249 rev 14

I figured I would share my experiences with Hermes cIOS to see if it helps anyone.

Rev 2: 222 as 36, 223 as 36 merge 37 - SSBB (DVD9) plays fine no freezing (at least let it run on the title screen thru all the demo videos for 30 mins), The Conduit multiplayer menu is silky smooth these are both set to use 222, RB2 and GH5 using 223 my RB2 instruments work in both.

Rev 3: 222 as 36, 223 as 36 merge 37 - SSBB HDD goes into sleep mode and game freezes up using 222, other games untested.

Rev 4: 222 as 38, 223 as 38 merge 37 - SSBB runs pretty much fine, The Conduit multiplayer menu is laggy both games using 222, RB2 and GH5 using 223 instruments working in both.

I'm sure many people (myself included) like to have the newest rev of everything installed, but that isn't always the best case, if what you have is working 100% then stick with it even if it seems outdated especially if upgrading wont offer any additional features. Anyway just my 2 cents.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

I have got a weird problem with this loader... Everything worked fine after i updated to rev721. The loader load up fine. But when i change some settings the loader just freeze and reset the wii.... I have tried to delete the config files but nothing helps....

Need some advise

Wizarck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
after update to rev 721 the browse freeze and the wii restarted.. i get code dump every time i try to get into the loader =/ i'm usin cios 249 waninkoko

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
I figured I would share my experiences with Hermes cIOS to see if it helps anyone.

Rev 2: 222 as 36, 223 as 36 merge 37 - SSBB (DVD9) plays fine no freezing (at least let it run on the title screen thru all the demo videos for 30 mins), The Conduit multiplayer menu is silky smooth these are both set to use 222, RB2 and GH5 using 223 my RB2 instruments work in both.

Rev 3: 222 as 36, 223 as 36 merge 37 - SSBB HDD goes into sleep mode and game freezes up using 222, other games untested.

Rev 4: 222 as 38, 223 as 38 merge 37 - SSBB runs pretty much fine, The Conduit multiplayer menu is laggy both games using 222, RB2 and GH5 using 223 instruments working in both.

I'm sure many people (myself included) like to have the newest rev of everything installed, but that isn't always the best case, if what you have is working 100% then stick with it even if it seems outdated especially if upgrading wont offer any additional features. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Have you been able to verify this with another loader that can run an alternative CIOS like Configurable USB Loader? The reason why I ask is USB Loader GX is hit or miss (doesn't load game consistently) for me when running Hermes.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Golfje said:
Hey Guys,

I have got a weird problem with this loader... Everything worked fine after i updated to rev721. The loader load up fine. But when i change some settings the loader just freeze and reset the wii.... I have tried to delete the config files but nothing helps....

Need some advise

QUOTE(Wizarck @ Sep 7 2009, 02:07 AM) after update to rev 721 the browse freeze and the wii restarted.. i get code dump every time i try to get into the loader =/ i'm usin cios 249 waninkoko

Do you guys use themes or alternate background music by any chance?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CuriousG said:
jakejm79 said:

Have you been able to verify this with another loader that can run an alternative CIOS like Configurable USB Loader? The reason why I ask is USB Loader GX is hit or miss (doesn't load game consistently) for me when running Hermes.

Yes I actually confirmed it using cloader, embedded in specific game channel wads made by loadstructor, but on an additional note rev2 works in GX when I set my startup IOS to 222, and then set individual games to either 249, 222 or 223. But with rev4 I get a black screen when launching games.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
CuriousG said:
jakejm79 said:

Yes I actually confirmed it using cloader, embedded in specific game channel wads made by loadstructor, but on an additional note rev2 works in GX when I set my startup IOS to 222, and then set individual games to either 249, 222 or 223. But with rev4 I get a black screen when launching games.

This info is in tj_cool's ReadMii:

NOTES:

-You can have cIOS36/38 and cIOS222/223 installed at the same time. Every version has its own (dis)advantages.

-If your global cIOS is 249 and you set an individual game's cIOS to 222/223, it will not always work. This is a bug in cIOS 249. On the other hand, if you set your global boot to 222 and set an individual boot to 249, it will work fine every time.

-If you change your global boot cIOS you need to completely exit out of the loader and restart it in order for the change to take effect. If you do not do this you will get a black screen. It is also necessary to delete your GXgamesettings.cfg file from your config folder on your SD/USB to prevent any setting conflicts since anything in GXgamesettings.cfg overrides the GXglobal.cfg file.

-Setting your global boot to 222 (installed as 37 merge 36) and setting your global 002fix to ANTI will result in 99% compatibility with no glitching/stuttering on IN REGION games. For OUT OF REGION games you need to also set the Video Mode to AUTOPATCH. The 1% non-compatibility is from the "please insert disc" games. However, those games are fully playable by simply inserting any dvd into your drive (I just stick a blank one in) OR by loading those specific games with cIOS 249 rev 12 or higher.

-Make sure you always delete the 00000001 folder from the root of your SD/USB before doing any network installation of cIOS 222/223. If you install cIOS 222 as just 36, you will still get the same glitches found in cIOS 249 rev 14. 37 merge 36 is necessary.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nitrozz said:
i think is "IOS 222 --> using IOS 38 merged with IOS 37"

the info in the above post was regarding cIOS 222 rev 3.

rev 4 has the same slow loading that's in cIOS 249 rev 14

***edit***
Please take the time to vote in the poll here on the Backup Loader board regarding the naming of the AltDol feature. Just looking to make it a tad more noob-friendly.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
This info is in tj_cool's ReadMii:

NOTES:

-You can have cIOS36/38 and cIOS222/223 installed at the same time. Every version has its own (dis)advantages.

-If your global cIOS is 249 and you set an individual game's cIOS to 222/223, it will not always work. This is a bug in cIOS 249. On the other hand, if you set your global boot to 222 and set an individual boot to 249, it will work fine every time.

-If you change your global boot cIOS you need to completely exit out of the loader and restart it in order for the change to take effect. If you do not do this you will get a black screen. It is also necessary to delete your GXgamesettings.cfg file from your config folder on your SD/USB to prevent any setting conflicts since anything in GXgamesettings.cfg overrides the GXglobal.cfg file.

-Setting your global boot to 222 (installed as 37 merge 36) and setting your global 002fix to ANTI will result in 99% compatibility with no glitching/stuttering on IN REGION games. For OUT OF REGION games you need to also set the Video Mode to AUTOPATCH. The 1% non-compatibility is from the "please insert disc" games. However, those games are fully playable by simply inserting any dvd into your drive (I just stick a blank one in) OR by loading those specific games with cIOS 249 rev 12 or higher.

-Make sure you always delete the 00000001 folder from the root of your SD/USB before doing any network installation of cIOS 222/223. If you install cIOS 222 as just 36, you will still get the same glitches found in cIOS 249 rev 14. 37 merge 36 is necessary.

Is there a list of these "insert disk games"
Also do you have some specific examples of what the "same glitches" are?
And do you only recommend 36 merge 37 'cos of the USB instrument support or is there additional reasons?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads