• Views 7,180,686
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

Hai1242

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just deflowered my Wii 3.2U softmod and then updated to 4.1. I load to gx straight from preloader (with the installed gx loader.dol). I click on alt dol/pick from list and it still stalls. It is not a big deal, but I figured it would have been fixed after I deleted/restored system menu and then updated to 4.1.
moogle.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gil21 said:
if i install usb loader as a channel where do i put the cover images?
also what is forwadder channel?thx
the covers can go on the sd card or USB device. Be sure they have the correct size! More info in the readmii in my sig V

the forwarder is a shortcut that installs as a channel, but loads the boot.dol of GX.
yet another thing is a Hybrid, which first tries to load the .dol but if it isn't found, it loads the build-in one (like a normal channel)

http://sites.google.com/site/usbloadergui/...oads/forwarders

@0ld8oy: Yes I am
tongue.gif
(I though you gave up on replying ? )

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gil21 said:
if i install usb loader as a channel where do i put the cover images?
also what is forwadder channel?thx

Covers go in the same place as they would if you used the boot.dol. Just put the covers and disc images in separate folders on your sd/usbFAT32 and then define the paths in the custom paths section of the GX options.

Read this for more info...

***edit***
You're too fast tj_cool...
tongue.gif
(I thought I did too...)

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
pepxl said:
fullstrength said:
pepxl said:
strange............. what cIOS are you running, are you running from a forwarder, channel or HBC?

I'm the same guy who's been pm'ing you....I have everything that you have by the looks of your sig...except I'm on 4.0u ntsc

gx 718 through forwarder
booted directly by preloader .29
tried wanin's 13a and 14
as well as hermes 222 36/37 in different combinations

Main menu of game loads fine no matter what....i produce game save....reboot into gx go in to trilogy game load settings....alt dol select dol from disk....no dol's pop up....and if i click on that area i freeze solid...reboot try again all same....i believe my prob is somewhere in gx's alt dol feature....everyone keeps saying switch to config usb but I'm sticking with gx....I'd rather deal with one app and it's bugs than 3 or 4 with all their bugs as well...

my best bet if your using preloader right, so when booting into gx your not using the forwarder .dol but installed the forwarder channel for the wii menu thinking prloader then uses the forwarder to boot gx, but in fact you installed a lower rev gx .dol in preloader thinking that updating the gx .dol in the x:/apps/usbloader_gx will update gx but no, check the rev number when in the "gx setting - credits page" in the top right corner it will infact have the lower rev gx there because you installed that rev in preloader in stead of the gx .dol forwarder

sorry for the double post but this is pretty hard to follow pepxl,

basically fullstrength, you need to install this dol in preloader.
Next, you need to start the loader, go to settings and click on update.
When the update is finished, you then need to stick your SD into your PC and delete GXglobal.cfg and GXgamesettings.cfg from the config folder on your SD
finally, put your sd back in your wii and start the loader.

Thanks for the responses, but I made sure i used the gx forwarder dol when setting it up through preloader, so it in fact does show the correct rev in the credits page...if you have any other suggestions i will continue to check this forum, but i'm also going to check out this irc that ya'll were talking about....i hate being that guy with the strange rare problem....like i've said in previous posts i usually try to figure this stuff out on my own so i can keep learning more, usually u can find the solution to any problem buried in these forums....but this one seems kinda rare

thanks again for the attention ya'll have sent our direction

p.s. Old8oy....sry for the potty mouth
grog.gif

just for the heck of it I'm going to replace the dol i've been using with the dol that you've directed me too....out of curiosity, does it need to be named boot.dol as the other was already, or can it remain GXFORWARDER.DOL

just tried the dol you directed me too...problem persists unchanged...credits say rev718 with wanin's rev 14....I'll keep at 'er though...I'm too stubborn to give up....and the fact that this is working fine for most is what's really tickin' me off....

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength said:
0ld8oy said:
pepxl said:
fullstrength said:
pepxl said:
strange............. what cIOS are you running, are you running from a forwarder, channel or HBC?

I'm the same guy who's been pm'ing you....I have everything that you have by the looks of your sig...except I'm on 4.0u ntsc

gx 718 through forwarder
booted directly by preloader .29
tried wanin's 13a and 14
as well as hermes 222 36/37 in different combinations

Main menu of game loads fine no matter what....i produce game save....reboot into gx go in to trilogy game load settings....alt dol select dol from disk....no dol's pop up....and if i click on that area i freeze solid...reboot try again all same....i believe my prob is somewhere in gx's alt dol feature....everyone keeps saying switch to config usb but I'm sticking with gx....I'd rather deal with one app and it's bugs than 3 or 4 with all their bugs as well...

my best bet if your using preloader right, so when booting into gx your not using the forwarder .dol but installed the forwarder channel for the wii menu thinking prloader then uses the forwarder to boot gx, but in fact you installed a lower rev gx .dol in preloader thinking that updating the gx .dol in the x:/apps/usbloader_gx will update gx but no, check the rev number when in the "gx setting - credits page" in the top right corner it will infact have the lower rev gx there because you installed that rev in preloader in stead of the gx .dol forwarder

sorry for the double post but this is pretty hard to follow pepxl,

basically fullstrength, you need to install this dol in preloader.
Next, you need to start the loader, go to settings and click on update.
When the update is finished, you then need to stick your SD into your PC and delete GXglobal.cfg and GXgamesettings.cfg from the config folder on your SD
finally, put your sd back in your wii and start the loader.

Thanks for the responses, but I made sure i used the gx forwarder dol when setting it up through preloader, so it in fact does show the correct rev in the credits page...if you have any other suggestions i will continue to check this forum, but i'm also going to check out this irc that ya'll were talking about....i hate being that guy with the strange rare problem....like i've said in previous posts i usually try to figure this stuff out on my own so i can keep learning more, usually u can find the solution to any problem buried in these forums....but this one seems kinda rare

thanks again for the attention ya'll have sent our direction

p.s. Old8oy....sry for the potty mouth
grog.gif

just for the heck of it I'm going to replace the dol i've been using with the dol that you've directed me too....out of curiosity, does it need to be named boot.dol as the other was already, or can it remain GXFORWARDER.DOL

just tried the dol you directed me too...problem persists unchanged...credits say rev718 with wanin's rev 14....I'll keep at 'er though...I'm too stubborn to give up....and the fact that this is working fine for most is what's really tickin' me off....
Wow there is alot on this, So I wanted to test mine and see if anything changed. So I tryed mortal kombat and every time I went to the pick from list the wii remote just stoped working and it just stayed on the same page. Well after 3 time of restarting the wii I tryed house of the dead 2/3 and the list came up fine, so I went back to mortal kombat and tryed the list and they displayed fine. So you might try another game that has more then one dol in it just to get it to work. Now I tryed again and mortal kombat list works just as it should. I don't know if this helps, But I hope it will.

Valguerra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does this loader support sdhc? I was using rev600 i think on a sdhc everytime i changes the way the cover display it restarts to the hBC.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength, I have had the same issue as well. It magically fixed itself once. I don't know what was different, but the first few times I tried I had that problem. The first time it worked I found that 480i was so terrible compared to what I was used to, and have been using a HBC installed version of NeoGamma to run the game ever since since that can force 480p. For the record I think NeoGamma is really awkward to use this way, but it works, and it's not too bad. USB performance over DVD is worth the extra steps to run it through NeoGamma.

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
Wow there is alot on this, So I wanted to test mine and see if anything changed. So I tryed mortal kombat and every time I went to the pick from list the wii remote just stoped working and it just stayed on the same page. Well after 3 time of restarting the wii I tryed house of the dead 2/3 and the list came up fine, so I went back to mortal kombat and tryed the list and they displayed fine. So you might try another game that has more then one dol in it just to get it to work. Now I tryed again and mortal kombat list works just as it should. I don't know if this helps, But I hope it will.
[/quote]

That did it!...for the most part...going to any other game which has an alt dol pulled up the dol...then upon reseting and going back to mp trilogy, the dols popped up. it's still a little inconsistant...the first time it worked...the second time it froze...the third time it worked.....4th froze and so on....somebody else mentioned a page back on changing the setting then saving...then going back out of settings menu to main screen then back into settings then adjust which dol, and this seemed to reduce the chance of freeze...but not 100%....still froze....

ps...i had to use hermes 223 36/37 to get games to load....hermes 222 and wanin's 249 would not work for me.....and mp3 not at all

thanks again to all who have lent a hand

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got a new HDD and I am reripping all my games (from backup discs) but for some reason when it rips them it is giving them a different game ID, i.e. Mario Power Tennis is OMAE01 instead of RMAE01, I tried about about 4 games and with them all the first digit of the ID was replaced with O. The Isos that I had stored on my PC and put on via WBFS Manager had the correct IDs it's just the ones I ripped from inside GX that have this issue. Anyone know why or how to fix it?

mqark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OPPS! HELP! hehe - ummm, I've gone and nerfed up my perfectly working USB loader setup.

I installed Hermes 222 - I believe this went fine, I followed the guide from the download on oldboy's site and have no reason to believe this killed my setup.
I stupidly didn’t test my setup before going ahead with the next step (I know… I know…).

Then I decided it would be nice to repartition my 250Gb WD passport drive to have a 4gb NTFS partition and the rest as WBFS.
So I backed all my games up to a big drive in windows using WBFS manager 3. This all seemed to go fine.

I used oldboys partitioning guide and partition manager tool - this all went well, I now have a NTFS partition and a WBFS partition which I reloaded some of the games back onto using WBFS manager.

Ok, so when I start USB loader GX - same set-up as before v718 (was all working great!) I see my list of games on the hdd. Attempting to load any of them with the stock config of 249 no 002 fix global config and only 002 fix on the games that needed it, all games go to a black screen and just sit there. no reset no nothing. The wiimote appears to disconnect it's self and the Wii needs to be rebooted to come back to life.

The only progress I've made so far is by changing IOS to 222 and 002 fix to anti and I got battalion wars to partially start (well it got as far as the loading icon) then hung at a black screen.

Ummmm, what have I done - is it really obvious and have I been a very silly boy? Thanks for any help you can give. and thanks to oldboy for all the clear and concise guides for everything I've done so far - I'd appreciate it greatly if you could ride in on your white horse and shiny armour to rescue me from my stupidity.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@mqark:

1) You installed IOS 222. What options did you use? (36, 37 merged 36 , 38 merged 36)
2) Can you link the guide (unless you mean my readmii)
3) All your games worked before?

mqark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Hermes_cIOS222_223_installer_26__rev3 was what I used with these instructions: (I followed it word for word and it seemed to install as expected).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0ld8oy’s Preferred Install Instructions for cIOS 222 rev3

- Start the install app via Homebrew Channel
- Select IOS 249 for the install (if you don’t have 249, a Trucha-bugged 36 should work)
- Install IOS222 as 37 merge 36 (I’ve personally gotten the best compatibility with this)
- Use network installation
- When the install is complete, start the installer again
- Select IOS 249 for the install
- Install IOS 223 as 38 merge 36 (for rockband instrument compatibility)
- Use network installation
- When the install is complete, you are done!

I recommend the network installation because it’s much easier and much more reliable (again, my personal preference).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must admit, I didn't check loading the games AFTER this install. I understand 222 and 249 can live happily side by side. I was using 249 rev 14 previously and every game out of my 60+ games worked flawlessly. I was gearing myself up for Metroid prime and the alternate DOLs and I thought it would be nice to have a partition for my nand dump for triiforce and for launching GC iso's from - hence the repartitioning.

Maybe it's a problem with the transfer of the games from wbfs back to iso on my big ntfs usb hdd on my PC then back to wbfs?

Admittedly there are probably too many steps performed at once to be easy to discern what went wrong.

mqark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Different revs of what? USB Loader GX, Heremes 222/223 or Waninkoko's CIOS 249 rev 14?

No - I haven't deleted the config files yet - I'll give that a go when I get home.

mqark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, ok - I was on 717 in the last good working config before I changed everything, now I'm on 718. I guess I can try deleting the configs and rolling back to 717 - but of course this time I'll do things one at a time and test each stage!

Thanks for your help.

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You developers should create SVN tags for the stable releases. That way, people should compile them instead of spitting around compiled versions of every buggy trunk revision.

Just a suggestion to improve this loader's reputation a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po