• Likes 48

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Hai1242 said:
fullstrength said:
still can't get alt dol-dol from disc to display these mentioned dols....dol from disc is blank and if you click on it it freezes and has to be hard reset....anyone?

I have the same problem. I thought it was just me. I just eventually extracted the .dol's and put them on the SD card instead.

update your gx to the latest version and if updating from a much older rev the config file must be deleted to fix any conflicts

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
Hai1242 said:
fullstrength said:
still can't get alt dol-dol from disc to display these mentioned dols....dol from disc is blank and if you click on it it freezes and has to be hard reset....anyone?

I have the same problem. I thought it was just me. I just eventually extracted the .dol's and put them on the SD card instead.

update your gx to the latest version and if updating from a much older rev the config file must be deleted to fix any conflicts

I've updated to rev718 and just for the heck of it I deleted config file last night to no avail. I've had just about every version of gx, I also turned the auto init network setting off just in case (it states that it might affect some games loading)....still no dols being shown when i change alt dol to DOL FROM DISK....and if I click on that blank area it freezes solid and has to be hard reset

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of ignorant to ask someone to fix a feature that is working fine when there is user error on your end. Why don't you debug or visit IRC for help before you start telling people that their software doesn't work?

Strange how pepxl, myself, and MANY others have it working fine...yet the feature needs to be "fixethed"

why am i even here...

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
strange............. what cIOS are you running, are you running from a forwarder, channel or HBC?

I'm the same guy who's been pm'ing you....I have everything that you have by the looks of your sig...except I'm on 4.0u ntsc

gx 718 through forwarder
booted directly by preloader .29
tried wanin's 13a and 14
as well as hermes 222 36/37 in different combinations

Main menu of game loads fine no matter what....i produce game save....reboot into gx go in to trilogy game load settings....alt dol select dol from disk....no dol's pop up....and if i click on that area i freeze solid...reboot try again all same....i believe my prob is somewhere in gx's alt dol feature....everyone keeps saying switch to config usb but I'm sticking with gx....I'd rather deal with one app and it's bugs than 3 or 4 with all their bugs as well...

fullstrength

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
It's kind of ignorant to ask someone to fix a feature that is working fine when there is user error on your end. Why don't you debug or visit IRC for help before you start telling people that their software doesn't work?

Strange how pepxl, myself, and MANY others have it working fine...yet the feature needs to be "fixethed"

why am i even here...

yeah....why are you even here....you offered absolutely nothing to a humble enquirey of information....you have only one good point "Many others have it working fine" and that's why I've been at this trying to figure out what's wrong. If everyone was having the problem, i'd sit back and wait for a "big fix". Nevertheless, I and others are having the same "problem", and are again HUMBLEY asking for any help....therefore, if you have nothing HELPFULL to offer....kindly stfu
gbasp.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fullstrength said:
0ld8oy said:

why am i even here...

yeah....why are you even here....you offered absolutely nothing to a humble enquirey of information....you have only one good point "Many others have it working fine" and that's why I've been at this trying to figure out what's wrong. If everyone was having the problem, i'd sit back and wait for a "big fix". Nevertheless, I and others are having the same "problem", and are again HUMBLEY asking for any help....therefore, if you have nothing HELPFULL to offer....kindly stfu
gbasp.gif

I think i WILL kindly STFU (do you kiss your mother with that mouth?). I obviously have nothing to offer this community and have never helped anyone debug their issues with this loader.

You will get much more help and get it much more quickly in IRC by simply following this link then you will posting back and forth with someone on gbatemp every 20 minutes or so... The GX Team rarely visits this board, and when they do it's mostly to tell people that they're dumb or full of shit (claiming to try things they haven't actually tried).

You could also try booting the loader a few different ways (Forwarder, Channel, HBC...) and making sure you have WiiConnect 24 and any preloader hacks OFF. (Yes, contrary to how people think it "should" work, preloader hacks can interfere with USB Loading...)

And with that...0ld8oy has gone silent...again (hopefully for good this time)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
R718 is now on the update server (in case you didn't know
wink.gif
)

QKid said:
does google translator count? and is there a reward for doing it? by reward i mean like a special gx theme or somthing small...
Everyone can use google, you can use it but of course its better if it a real translation
There is no reward for doing it.
For a joke, its a bad one ...

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
0ld8oy said:
why am i even here...

apparently you feel a self-destructive need to get more and more bitter with each passing day, and this is the place youve decided offers you the best chance at that.

Thanks for the psychobabble OncleJulien. I feel better already. It's nice to see a "GX coders need to fix their already working loader" poster stick up for one of his own.

***edit***
OncleJulien, I really don't understand why you're posting on this thread. All you ever really have to say is how "buggy as shit" GX is yet you continue to use it and complain here. I may be bitter but at least I contribute something other than tears...

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ld8oy said:
Thanks for the psychobabble OncleJulien. I feel better already. It's nice to see a "GX coders need to fix their already working loader" poster stick up for one of his own.
i guess it must have read as babble, because it wasnt a criticism, but a comment about how bitter this thread is making you over time.

QUOTE(0ld8oy @ Aug 31 2009, 08:03 AM) OncleJulien, I really don't understand why you're posting on this thread. All you ever really have to say is how "buggy as shit" GX is yet you continue to use it and complain here. I may be bitter but at least I contribute something other than tears...
case in point, the only time 'buggy as shit' has appeared in my posts is when i was calling someone out for saying that, and stating how incorrect i thought that statement to be. gx is the only loader i use, and it meets or exceeds all of my gaming needs.

reading is fundamental, chief.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
0ld8oy said:
i guess it must have read as babble, because it wasnt a criticism, but a comment about how bitter this thread is making you over time.

QUOTE(0ld8oy @ Aug 31 2009, 08:03 AM) OncleJulien, I really don't understand why you're posting on this thread. All you ever really have to say is how "buggy as shit" GX is yet you continue to use it and complain here. I may be bitter but at least I contribute something other than tears...
case in point, the only time 'buggy as shit' has appeared in my posts is when i was calling someone out for saying that, and stating how incorrect i thought that statement to be. gx is the only loader i use, and it meets or exceeds all of my gaming needs.

reading is fundamental, chief.

I apologize for misreading your post OncleJulian and can be a big enough man to admit I was just annoyed and looking for someone to pick on.

I don't think bitter is quite the right word though...I think tired would be more accurate. I've patiently helped quite a few people here and on IRC only to have to repeat every single fix/solution 10000000000000 times because people are too lazy to debug themselves or too lazy to search/read the thread... Some people see the search button and read it as "ignore me, i require 5 seconds of attention".

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had the same issue as well. It may not work for you but what I did is deleted all of my config files from the SD card, started GX, set everything correctly in the global settings again, set everything in the game settings again EXCEPT did not try to choose a dol after setting it to dol from disc. Instead I just saved the settings, went back to the game settings/start screen, and then back to the GX main menu again. Then clicked on the game, went back into settings and THEN chose the alt dol, saved and exited again. Then started the game.

bigianp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QKid said:
I have a question. My wii is hooked up to my wifi, a component cable, and a widescreen tv at home. I decided to take my wii to a friends house so we could play usb loader games. when i got there and plugged it in with their existing connections (no wifi, fullscreen, s-video cable) I used the forwarder channel, as always, on rev715, and i get in there and obviously the theme is gone, but one of three problems occured: if i push the plus button, it will scroll, and then go faster, and faster, and faster, without me holding the button. Or it would just freeze on the main screen, menu screen, or after i choose a game (meaning the games would not load), or it would give me a code dump when i tried to do something (like change the widescreen fix to 'normal'). BTW In the wii menu i turned wiiconnect24 off and made it standard 4:3

I have the same problem as above. Any sugestions please. I modded me cousins wii which worked fine on my tele but get all the same errors as above when he plugs it in to his tele

K.Wall.24

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bigianp said:
QKid said:
I have a question. My wii is hooked up to my wifi, a component cable, and a widescreen tv at home. I decided to take my wii to a friends house so we could play usb loader games. when i got there and plugged it in with their existing connections (no wifi, fullscreen, s-video cable) I used the forwarder channel, as always, on rev715, and i get in there and obviously the theme is gone, but one of three problems occured: if i push the plus button, it will scroll, and then go faster, and faster, and faster, without me holding the button. Or it would just freeze on the main screen, menu screen, or after i choose a game (meaning the games would not load), or it would give me a code dump when i tried to do something (like change the widescreen fix to 'normal'). BTW In the wii menu i turned wiiconnect24 off and made it standard 4:3

I have the same problem as above. Any sugestions please. I modded me cousins wii which worked fine on my tele but get all the same errors as above when he plugs it in to his tele

Am I right in assuming it's a problem with the config file? anybody?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
fullstrength said:
pepxl said:
strange............. what cIOS are you running, are you running from a forwarder, channel or HBC?

I'm the same guy who's been pm'ing you....I have everything that you have by the looks of your sig...except I'm on 4.0u ntsc

gx 718 through forwarder
tried wanin's 13a and 14

Main menu of game loads fine no matter what....i produce game save....reboot into gx go in to trilogy game load settings....alt dol select dol from disk....no dol's pop up....and if i click on that area i freeze solid...reboot try again all same....i believe my prob is somewhere in gx's alt dol feature....everyone keeps saying switch to config usb but I'm sticking with gx....I'd rather deal with one app and it's bugs than 3 or 4 with all their bugs as well...

my best bet if your using preloader right, so when booting into gx your not using the forwarder .dol but installed the forwarder channel for the wii menu thinking prloader then uses the forwarder to boot gx, but in fact you installed a lower rev gx .dol in preloader thinking that updating the gx .dol in the x:/apps/usbloader_gx will update gx but no, check the rev number when in the "gx setting - credits page" in the top right corner it will infact have the lower rev gx there because you installed that rev in preloader in stead of the gx .dol forwarder

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QKid said:
bigianp said:
QKid said:

Am I right in assuming it's a problem with the config file? anybody?

try deleting the config files from the SD/USB and then start the loader.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
fullstrength said:
pepxl said:

gx 718 through forwarder
tried wanin's 13a and 14

my best bet if your using preloader right, so when booting into gx your not using the forwarder .dol but installed the forwarder channel for the wii menu thinking prloader then uses the forwarder to boot gx, but in fact you installed a lower rev gx .dol in preloader thinking that updating the gx .dol in the x:/apps/usbloader_gx will update gx but no, check the rev number when in the "gx setting - credits page" in the top right corner it will infact have the lower rev gx there because you installed that rev in preloader in stead of the gx .dol forwarder

sorry for the double post but this is pretty hard to follow pepxl,

basically fullstrength, you need to install this dol in preloader.
Next, you need to start the loader, go to settings and click on update.
When the update is finished, you then need to stick your SD into your PC and delete GXglobal.cfg and GXgamesettings.cfg from the config folder on your SD
finally, put your sd back in your wii and start the loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, yep +1