• Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How To: Receive WAD Files Over WiFi Through USB Loader GX and Install/Uninstall Them

FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

What you will need:
  • Your Wii's IP address (see below for details)
  • WiiLoad
  • This guide is for Windows only. I don't use Linsux
    tongue.gif
  • [1] Download WiiLoad from the above link and extract the contents
    [2] Copy/Move wiiload.exe to C:\Windows\System32\
    [3] Open Notepad and copy the following into it:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.WAD]
    @=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.WAD\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.WAD\shell\Send to Wii!]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.WAD\shell\Send to Wii!\command]
    @="c:\\windows\\system32\\wiiload.exe \"%1\""

[4] Save the file as "wiiload.reg"
    [5] Double click the file and accept entering the entries into the registry
    [6] Boot up your Wii and load GX. Goto the Homebrew Launcher and hover over the WiFi Wii icon. A tooltip will pop up showing your IP address. Make a note of it.
    [7] Set the environment variable by going to your computer's Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables, then click "new" under either category. The variable name is WIILOAD and the value is tcp:yourIP, where yourIP is the Wii's IP/hostname. Click "OK" here and in System Properties.
    [8] Now leave your Wii on the GX Homebrew Launcher screen. On your PC, right click on a .WAD file and you should now see a "Send to Wii!" option. Click on this and watch the magic work at the Wii end of business
    biggrin.gif

[9] Optional Step: Double click on a .WAD file and choose c:\windows\system32\wiiload.exe as the application to open it. Now double clicking .WAD files will send them to your Wii.
    [10] To uninstall, simply send the same .WAD file to the Wii.
Use your noggin when dealing with WAD's. I won't be held accountable for any misuse
tongue.gif

kissmyvag22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i know this has been asked before...but i am having one minor issues with house of the dead 2. I used cios 222 with the ios blocker enabled. I can get to the main screen of the game that lets me choose HOD2 or HOD3. I pick HOD2 and it loads fine. Problem comes in when i exit the game. I come back to the main screen and when i select HOD2 again. I get blacked screened. Is there anyway to fix this. I can only get the game to load once. When i try again...it is just black screened. I am using the current usb gx loader.

rpgguy_1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is the default password no longer ab121b or AB121B ?
just threw the latest one on my SD but I'm unable to unlock it...
can't seem to find an answer anywhere

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
rpgguy_1o1 said:
delete the config files
It will then start unlocked

Logan said:
How To: Receive WAD Files Over WiFi Through USB Loader GX and Install/Uninstall Them
FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

What you will need:
  • WiiLoad
    tongue.gif

CODEWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.WAD]
    @=""

• [4] Save the file as "wiiload.reg"
    [6] Boot up your Wii and load GX. Goto the Homebrew Launcher and hover over the WiFi Wii icon. A tooltip will pop up showing your IP address. Make a note of it.
    [7] Set the environment variable by going to your computer's Control Panel -> System -> Advanced -> Environment Variables, then click "new" under either category. The variable name is WIILOAD and the value is tcp:yourIP, where yourIP is the Wii's IP/hostname. Click "OK" here and in System Properties.
    [8] Now leave your Wii on the GX Homebrew Launcher screen. On your PC, right click on a .WAD file and you should now see a "Send to Wii!" option. Click on this and watch the magic work at the Wii end of business
    biggrin.gif

[9] Optional Step: Double click on a .WAD file and choose c:\windows\system32\wiiload.exe as the application to open it. Now double clicking .WAD files will send them to your Wii.
Use your noggin when dealing with WAD's. I won't be held accountable for any misuse
tongue.gif

nice, found it yourself?
shall I add it to the readmii?

rpgguy_1o1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
didn't start unlocked, but the default password worked, thanks.
tj_cool said:
rpgguy_1o1 said:
delete the config files
It will then start unlocked

Logan said:
FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY!

What you will need:
  • WiiLoad
    tongue.gif

CODEWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.WAD]
    @=""

• [4] Save the file as "wiiload.reg"
    biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

nice, found it yourself?
shall I add it to the readmii?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a possible new idea for a feature(s), I figure I would get some feedback before posting over at the proper place.

How about a built in FTP server, I know it gets away from the plan USB Loader aspect, but I think it fits will with the system menu replacement idea. I'm thinking maybe a way of FTPing over the isos similar to how the WADs are sent currently. I know this system worked great with the xbox replacement dashes, tho it may not be as important since the 2 main storage mediums (USB and SD) can easily be connected directly to the computer but it would make life easier if your computer and wii were in different rooms. Anyways just an idea.

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Done x1
tongue.gif

Sections [5a] and [5b] created

we're the best 2 posters of today btw.
laugh.gif

Oh yeah
tongue.gif

Not sure if that means we're helpful, sad or just plain bored lol
laugh.gif

QUOTE(jakejm79 @ Jul 28 2009, 09:10 PM) I have a possible new idea for a feature(s), I figure I would get some feedback before posting over at the proper place.

How about a built in FTP server, I know it gets away from the plan USB Loader aspect, but I think it fits will with the system menu replacement idea. I'm thinking maybe a way of FTPing over the isos similar to how the WADs are sent currently. I know this system worked great with the xbox replacement dashes, tho it may not be as important since the 2 main storage mediums (USB and SD) can easily be connected directly to the computer but it would make life easier if your computer and wii were in different rooms. Anyways just an idea.

Sending ISO over WiFi has been discussed before in other topics. I like the idea, but it would be too slow in practice, that's the general consensus.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Logan said:
tj_cool said:
Done x1
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yeah
tongue.gif

laugh.gif
It means we spam the boards by making useless offtopic posts like this lol

@jakejm79
The more features the better
laugh.gif
Come on I'm not doing to bad today, I helped find a glitch eh ???
laugh.gif

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
tj_cool said:
Done x1
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Oh yeah
tongue.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE(jakejm79 @ Jul 28 2009, 09:10 PM) I have a possible new idea for a feature(s), I figure I would get some feedback before posting over at the proper place.

Sending ISO over WiFi has been discussed before in other topics. I like the idea, but it would be too slow in practice, that's the general consensus.

I understand it would be slower, but I dont think much slower these are just some rough numbers. Max throughput of USB2.0 480Mbs, Max of 802.11g 54Mbs, USB2.0 is roughly 9x faster. It takes 5 mins to install a game via USB so it should take around 45 mins to do it via wireless, quite a bit longer I will agree and still more than the 20 mins it takes to rip it from disc via the wii, but if the original disc is scratched and all I have is the iso on the computer then it would take me about 20 mins to burn it to DVD-R and then another 20 to rip it on the wii that puts you at 40 mins which isn't far off the the 45 via wireless and you haven't wasted a DVD-R. I know those are just some rough numbers but you get the idea. Also I am not sure of the ins and outs of the WBFS but I am thinking that the difference between sending regular files over FTP and extracting an iso is probably pretty similar and the work would mostly be done on the computer end.

Anyway enough of the off topic talk, great job to all the coders

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jakejm79 said:
I understand it would be slower, but I dont think much slower these are just some rough numbers. Max throughput of USB2.0 480Mbs, Max of 802.11g 54Mbs, USB2.0 is roughly 9x faster. It takes 5 mins to install a game via USB so it should take around 45 mins to do it via wireless, quite a bit longer I will agree and still more than the 20 mins it takes to rip it from disc via the wii, but if the original disc is scratched and all I have is the iso on the computer then it would take me about 20 mins to burn it to DVD-R and then another 20 to rip it on the wii that puts you at 40 mins which isn't far off the the 45 via wireless and you haven't wasted a DVD-R. I know those are just some rough numbers but you get the idea. Also I am not sure of the ins and outs of the WBFS but I am thinking that the difference between sending regular files over FTP and extracting an iso is probably pretty similar and the work would mostly be done on the computer end.

Anyway enough of the off topic talk, great job to all the coders
What about using a WBFS manager to put the ISO on the USB stick with the computer?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but how would you get it from the USB stick to USB HDD, also I was more figuring this for moving files around the SD/USB HDD, I know it can be done with FTPii but if you don't have to load an additional program it will make it easier.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your math may seem right on paper, but when done in the real world with a real wii, it took 6 hours for 1 game. And that wasn't even ssbb. Way to slow to be worth putting in. You're better off just moving your HDD to your pc.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jakejm79 said:
True, but how would you get it from the USB stick to USB HDD, also I was more figuring this for moving files around the SD/USB HDD, I know it can be done with FTPii but if you don't have to load an additional program it will make it easier.
What from USB stick to HDD?
You just use the manager to put the iso directly on the HDD
or else, a wbfs manager can copy games from wbfs to wbfs

riddle43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i found a glitch if you sit on fan wiew on 633m the wii mote has lights on but no button works even takeing the batterys out doesnt help any ideas guys?????

im 0n 4.0

bootmii as boot 2

preloader 29

and all thouse other illy things lol

moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
riddle43 said:
i think i found a glitch if you sit on fan wiew on 633m the wii mote has lights on but no button works even takeing the batterys out doesnt help any ideas guys?????

im 0n 4.0

bootmii as boot 2

preloader 29

and all thouse other illy things lol

moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif
moogle.gif

Why don't you try r665

[offtopic]
Probably won't help but place this
CODE
256fv5t.png
in your sig (at the end). It should make the bottom letters visible (its a fix for letters that fall off).
But probably your sig is just to big

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think