• Likes 48

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Timboman2000,

Since your upgrading from approx 75 version ago this is what I would do.
Copy all hd/config/ files to pc/laptop
Copy hd/apps/gx_loader/boot.dol to pc/laptop

Download latest version and copy direct onto hd/apps/gx_loader/

DELETE all hd/config/ files.

Connect hd back to Wii and try.

Let the loader recreate the config files from scratch (for the reason you are upgrading from 75 revs) Pretty sure I read about 10 pages ago the the newer versions will check SD card first then HD for config.

If no luck, remove hd from wii and manually edit the config file to point to hd rather than sd and try again.

Good luck...

PS - can't remember the exact paths for above but close enough.

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I try last 649 but when i lunch all the game, black screen. Also, in homebrewchannel, when i click on the icon on the right, with the wave , i take code dump, i don't have wifi.

3.2 Cios9 rev 649

Lorenzo

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jservs7 said:
Quick question!
biggrin.gif

Do I always have to choose Update All in order to update the wiitdb.zip file? I kinda hate replacing my custom XML and icon file all the time.
tongue.gif

Quick Answer!
biggrin.gif

Hell YEAH! Just open the gameinfo screen and press 1. An url file will be stored that contains a custom URL you can paste into your browser.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Snoozer said:
jservs7 said:
Quick question!
biggrin.gif

Do I always have to choose Update All in order to update the wiitdb.zip file? I kinda hate replacing my custom XML and icon file all the time.
tongue.gif

Quick Answer!
biggrin.gif

Hell YEAH! Just open the gameinfo screen and press 1. An url file will be stored that contains a custom URL you can paste into your browser.

Yeah i do that and all i get in the txt file is this :# USB Loader Has Saved this file
# This url was created based on your list of games and language settings.

How do i get my wiitdb.zip working? I have it saved in SD:/config

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Teh H4rRy said:
Snoozer said:
jservs7 said:
Quick question!
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Quick Answer!
biggrin.gif

Yeah i do that and all i get in the txt file is this :# USB Loader Has Saved this file

so thats all? thats the complete content of your txt file? if so, really interesting...that would mean that the loader doesn't build a custom URL for you, because folowing the last line beginning with an # there should be an URL. at least this works with me....
tell me, do you use a SD card or are you one of these hardliners using just the HD? if so, my next argument against using the HD only is ready.

if you have a wiitdb.zip file, yeah, as you can read in the ReadMii, put that into the config folder and then you see a gameinfo, by pressing 2 on the wiimote, when a game is highlighted

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Snoozer said:
Teh H4rRy said:
Snoozer said:
jservs7 said:
Quick question!
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Quick Answer!
biggrin.gif

so thats all? thats the complete content of your txt file? if so, really interesting...that would mean that the loader doesn't build a custom URL for you, because folowing the last line beginning with an # there should be an URL. at least this works with me....
tell me, do you use a SD card or are you one of these hardliners using just the HD? if so, my next argument against using the HD only is ready.

if you have a wiitdb.zip file, yeah, as you can read in the ReadMii, put that into the config folder and then you see a gameinfo, by pressing 2 on the wiimote, when a game is highlighted

Ive got all my stuff on an SD card the only USB device is my WBFS drive. I push 2 on a highlighted game and i get nothing, just the small text at the bottom telling me to get the URL

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Teh H4rRy said:
Ive got all my stuff on an SD card the only USB device is my WBFS drive. I push 2 on a highlighted game and i get nothing, just the small text at the bottom telling me to get the URL
Did you change the titles.txt path in custompaths? Cause thats where you put wiitdb.zip (leave it zipped)

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Teh H4rRy said:
Did you change the titles.txt path in custompaths? Cause thats where you put wiitdb.zip (leave it zipped)

Nope all my paths are unchanged, I will try a new Wiitdb.zip, I cannot find it though, can anyone link me up?

Snoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Teh H4rRy said:
tj_cool said:
Teh H4rRy said:

Nope all my paths are unchanged, I will try a new Wiitdb.zip, I cannot find it though, can anyone link me up?

Full one:
wiitdb.zip
WARNING: USING THIS F*CKING LARGE WIITDB.ZIP FILE CAN CAUSE YOUR USBLOADER_GX TO WORK INCORRECT.
THATS THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD USE A CUSTOM ONE!!!

but you can use it for troubleshooting. place this file (as it is!!!!!) in the titles.txt path.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
Snoozer said:
Teh H4rRy said:
tj_cool said:
Teh H4rRy said:

Full one:
wiitdb.zip
WARNING: USING THIS F*CKING LARGE WIITDB.ZIP FILE CAN CAUSE YOUR USBLOADER_GX TO WORK INCORRECT.
THATS THE REASON WHY YOU SHOULD USE A CUSTOM ONE!!!

but you can use it for troubleshooting. place this file (as it is!!!!!) in the titles.txt path.

No dice, that wont show up anything, i have it in the titles.txt path, as a ZIP will not work.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
readmiiV2 updated
smile.gif

New:
Advanced/Optional steps are in green
Updated step3 of [1a]
New [1b]Channel & Forwarder (how to install them)
Added short guide under [2a] on how to change the source for the channel (when compiling)
Added [10]FAQ

Pm me or post in this topic to suggest things to change/add in the readmii
wink.gif

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blacksoul said:
Please Add SD/SDHC WBFS Support !
You only miss this option to be the best loader so far.

you could possibly file a issue ticket under enchantments here but others already want it, its coming im sure.

[url=http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/list]http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/issues/list[/url]

Posts merged

DigitalSquirrel said:
QUOTE(blacksoul @ Jul 26 2009, 09:34 AM) Please Add SD/SDHC WBFS Support !
You only miss this option to be the best loader so far.

What are you retarted? USBLoaderGX. U-S-B

Im sure he meant it as an selected option so this can be the best loader in his case.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logan said:
bula said:
geedub said:
r648 has just killed my games , it black screens and reboots to wii menu !

+1. Black screen on Wii Sports Resort NTSC, back to 647.

Wii Sports Resort definitely is dodgy on NTSC Wii's.

Ironically, the game I test the revisions of GX that I compile now before uploading, is Wii Sports Resort!
laugh.gif
r648 and r649 it loads fine for me.

Why would it be? This game is a NTSC copy on a NTSC console it is not PAL and works very good with 647 or lower revs.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone else getting this while compiling its never done it before now its a first for me

QUOTE said:
linking ... boot.elf
networkops.o: In function `CheckUpdate()':
c:/projects/SmartSVN/GX/source/network/networkops.cpp:274: undefined reference to `GetRev'
PromptWindows.o: In function `WindowCredits()':
c:/projects/SmartSVN/GX/source/prompts/PromptWindows.cpp:178: undefined reference to `GetRev'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/projects/SmartSVN/GX/boot.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 08:53

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
anyone else getting this while compiling its never done it before now its a first for me

QUOTE said:
linking ... boot.elf
networkops.o: In function `CheckUpdate()':
c:/projects/SmartSVN/GX/source/network/networkops.cpp:274: undefined reference to `GetRev'
PromptWindows.o: In function `WindowCredits()':
c:/projects/SmartSVN/GX/source/prompts/PromptWindows.cpp:178: undefined reference to `GetRev'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/c/projects/SmartSVN/GX/boot.elf] Error 1
"make": *** [build] Error 2

> Process Exit Code: 2
> Time Taken: 08:53

lets keep these issues off this thread and post here please
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=169...45&start=45

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.