• Views 7,182,856
  • Replies 29,367
  • Likes 48

Timboman2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm getting really really pissed off right now.
Essentially I had previously configured my copy of USB loader GX to load EVERYTHING from a FAT USB partition on the drive that I have my WBFS ISO partition on.
This worked wonderfully for months.
Sometime during those months I left my SD card at a friends house who lives fairly far away, and have not had the opportunity to get it back from him yet, nor had I cared to since I had my loader working 100% from my USB drive.

Now I just got back from a rather long vacation (like 3 weeks) and decided to update my USB Loader GX revision.
After doing so I popped it into my Wii, and it no longer seems to recognize ANY of my previous configurations.

Most annoyingly it also will not let me edit the custom paths in the application itself because it (for some damn reason) once again requires an SD card to do so. And any change I try to make to it on my computer also goes ignored...

Does anyone have some preconfigured files that work with the new version that can run it from a USB drive that I can use?

Cause I am NOT going to drive for an hour and a half just to get a damn SD card to get this to work right...

Please, someone help!

-Timboman2000

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has probably been asked before but, ... yeah

I was wondering if you will be adding the new Wiiware and VC features when the new USB loader is released? I was also wondering if you are planing to add a Wii and GC backup disc launcher as well. If so this would be the ultimate loader, wait.. this is preloader compatible right? thx in advance..

torr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Timboman2000 said:
Essentially I had previously configured my copy of USB loader GX to load EVERYTHING from a FAT USB partition on the drive that I have my WBFS ISO partition on.
Sometime during those months I left my SD card at a friends house who lives fairly far away, and have not had the opportunity to get it back from him yet, nor had I cared to since I had my loader working 100% from my USB drive.

Now I just got back from a rather long vacation (like 3 weeks) and decided to update my USB Loader GX revision.
After doing so I popped it into my Wii, and it no longer seems to recognize ANY of my previous configurations.

Most annoyingly it also will not let me edit the custom paths in the application itself because it (for some damn reason) once again requires an SD card to do so. And any change I try to make to it on my computer also goes ignored...

Does anyone have some preconfigured files that work with the new version that can run it from a USB drive that I can use?

Cause I am NOT going to drive for an hour and a half just to get a damn SD card to get this to work right...

Please, someone help!

-Timboman2000

For .44 cents you can save time and aggravation, have friend mail it, only 1.5 hours away you'll probably have next day.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Earlier on page 543 I posted that the game list had the same game repeated multiple times

ex;

MadWorld (4.19GB)
MadWorld (3.79GB)
MadWorld (2.13GB)

etc.

Now I downloaded rev 479, and that worked fine. So, I grabbed rev630 afterwards, and to my surprise, that worked fine as well. I do have to note I completely removed all files from the SD card beforehand (that didn't want to work earlier when I grabbed rev613 and tested it though)

So, long story short: All works fine now.

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
torr said:
Timboman2000 said:

Please, someone help!

-Timboman2000

For .44 cents you can save time and aggravation, have friend mail it, only 1.5 hours away you'll probably have next day.

Can't really help you with your problem.

Regarding the SD card, surely you could find somewhere very close and buy a 256 or 512MB SD card for under $10 bucks or something to sort out your problem.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
The full channel is able to update itself after a certain revision. The issue seems to be that somebody (maybe even me) smooched the pooch when they put the wad on the update server. The channel thinks it is a dol and not a channel. To fix this the easiest, just compile a dol that thinks it is a channel and make the rev# lower than the one on the update server. then run this dol and use the update feature. it will grab the wad from the server and install it and you'll be all set.

can someone fix this please? thank you

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question!
biggrin.gif

Do I always have to choose Update All in order to update the wiitdb.zip file? I kinda hate replacing my custom XML and icon file all the time.
tongue.gif

Logan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bula said:
geedub said:
r648 has just killed my games , it black screens and reboots to wii menu !

+1. Black screen on Wii Sports Resort NTSC, back to 647.

Wii Sports Resort definitely is dodgy on NTSC Wii's.

Ironically, the game I test the revisions of GX that I compile now before uploading, is Wii Sports Resort!
laugh.gif
r648 and r649 it loads fine for me.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cthg said:
^^^ I got that once... but it fixed when I reset my wii and unplugged and replugged my hard drive
It could also be that someone left their Wii in idle state rather than a complete shutdown. If the HD is plugged in when it is idle, eventually the HD goes in a power saving mode (at least laptop ones). I always do a complete shutdown of the Wii either from the loader itself or just hold down the power button until the Wii power light goes red.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been trying all day to get the Mario KArt Wii hack on Ocarina to work (to boost my speed so I can finish unlocking characters), but everytime I attempt to load Ocarina through USBLGX, the screen just blacks out and that's IT. I've tried it MANY times, let it sit there for a while even, just NOT working. I've tried it even with NO hacks checked off, and just having Ocarina on.

I originally had rev9~11 (Don't remember which) of cIOS38 on IOS249. I upgraded to cIOS38r13 now, and it's STILL not working, what else can I do to get this working? It's really getting annoying now D:

Timboman2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bosman said:
torr said:
Timboman2000 said:

Please, someone help!

-Timboman2000

Regarding the SD card, surely you could find somewhere very close and buy a 256 or 512MB SD card for under $10 bucks or something to sort out your problem.
I work at Radioshack, and ironically enough we don't even sell SD cards that small anymore, they have largely gone out of manufacturing.
The real issue though is that I WANT to have this working without ANY SD interaction whatsoever, that was my goal with it originally and that is STILL the desired result.

I ended up downgrading to Rev 573 because that was the version I had prior to updating, and it now works fine again.
But I STILL want this to work with the new Rev aswell, so can someone PLEASE tell me how I can get this damn thing to check the USB drive for configuration and have it just ignore the SD!

-Timboman2000

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By being a goddamn champ.

Messing with the controls wield yield decent results, otherwise just go buy one, and don't give me that "They don't sell them that small crap", go search newegg, just because Radioshack stopped selling the good stuff, don't mean nothin'!

hellokevin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sigh I'm getting quite pissed off at my wii now for awhile and finally giving up and wondering if anyone could help me

I've been using rev 630 (as well as tried 479, 649, and 464) with my LaCie Desktop Hard Disk 1 TB Neil Poulton Design which is separated into two paritions. My WFBS one for the wii and a regular FAT32 for my computer. . Well basically USB Loader GX can rarely ever detect my hard disk. Usually when I load usb loader I receive the no usb devices connected message. Then during the 30 second countdown it seems to countdown really slowly. Eventually if I leave it on long enough on the screen it'll go to the usb loader "game selection screen" yet only one of my games will be listed repeatedly. Similar to aber's problem. I've tried turning on my HDD during the countdown and whatnot but I receive the same results as above.

I'm running usb loader through the homebrew channel on my sd card with CIOS38 Rev a.

Once in a while usb loader will run fine with no problems however it's basically a 1/10 chance I will get it working properly. So I was just wondering if anyone knew how I could fix this problem

Please and thank you =]

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hellokevin said:
Sigh I'm getting quite pissed off at my wii now for awhile and finally giving up and wondering if anyone could help me

I've been using rev 630 (as well as tried 479, 649, and 464) with my LaCie Desktop Hard Disk 1 TB Neil Poulton Design which is separated into two paritions. My WFBS one for the wii and a regular FAT32 for my computer. . Well basically USB Loader GX can rarely ever detect my hard disk. Usually when I load usb loader I receive the no usb devices connected message. Then during the 30 second countdown it seems to countdown really slowly. Eventually if I leave it on long enough on the screen it'll go to the usb loader "game selection screen" yet only one of my games will be listed repeatedly. Similar to aber's problem. I've tried turning on my HDD during the countdown and whatnot but I receive the same results as above.

I'm running usb loader through the homebrew channel on my sd card with CIOS38 Rev a.

Once in a while usb loader will run fine with no problems however it's basically a 1/10 chance I will get it working properly. So I was just wondering if anyone knew how I could fix this problem

Please and thank you =]

USB Devices Compatibility List

quoted from list

LaCie Desktop Hard Disk 1 TB Working

"I split hdd into 2 partitions using easeus. Both FAT32. Used wii to format 1 FAT32 partition and successfully ripped and played games from wii using usbl.wad with 40sec recheck. Only took like 15 sec to boot."

bosman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Timboman2000 said:
bosman said:
torr said:
Timboman2000 said:

Please, someone help!

-Timboman2000

I work at Radioshack, and ironically enough we don't even sell SD cards that small anymore, they have largely gone out of manufacturing.
The real issue though is that I WANT to have this working without ANY SD interaction whatsoever, that was my goal with it originally and that is STILL the desired result.

I ended up downgrading to Rev 573 because that was the version I had prior to updating, and it now works fine again.
But I STILL want this to work with the new Rev aswell, so can someone PLEASE tell me how I can get this damn thing to check the USB drive for configuration and have it just ignore the SD!

-Timboman2000

what about a 1gig or 2gig????

hellokevin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
emupaul said:
hellokevin said:

Please and thank you =]

USB Devices Compatibility List

quoted from list

LaCie Desktop Hard Disk 1 TB Working

"I split hdd into 2 partitions using easeus. Both FAT32. Used wii to format 1 FAT32 partition and successfully ripped and played games from wii using usbl.wad with 40sec recheck. Only took like 15 sec to boot."

Is that not what I have now with my own hdd? I originally partitioned it into two FAT32 partitions and had one formatted into WFBS.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
^ Might I ask what cIOS you're using? Personally, I'm using cIOS10 now. That, and cIOS9 seem to be the only ones to work correctly with USB Loader GX. 11 and up simply refuse to recognize my HDD. In the past, I was using cIOS12 with USB Loader rev 579, and that seemed to fail.

Ironically, just an hour ago my HDD had the same problem as yours. I let it stay on after a reboot, and GX wouldn't recognize it. I turned it off and on, then it went through to the game list and had the same game repeated multiple times again. Stumped as I was, I shut down my Wii and HDD, then turned on my Wii again and selected the forwarder I'm always using. Then I turned on my HDD and clicked "Start." HDD was instantly recognized, and game list showed up correctly. I managed to reproduce the same thing multiple times now, and I'm fairly sure that bug happens because the HDD isn't ready with spinning up yet, thus giving an incorrect game list.

Long story, hope my point got through. I'm using GX fine now - even updated to rev648 and everything's working like a charm.

Timboman2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[S said:
aber]
^ Might I ask what cIOS you're using? Personally, I'm using cIOS10 now. That, and cIOS9 seem to be the only ones to work correctly with USB Loader GX. 11 and up simply refuse to recognize my HDD. In the past, I was using cIOS12 with USB Loader rev 579, and that seemed to fail.

Ironically, just an hour ago my HDD had the same problem as yours. I let it stay on after a reboot, and GX wouldn't recognize it. I turned it off and on, then it went through to the game list and had the same game repeated multiple times again. Stumped as I was, I shut down my Wii and HDD, then turned on my Wii again and selected the forwarder I'm always using. Then I turned on my HDD and clicked "Start." HDD was instantly recognized, and game list showed up correctly. I managed to reproduce the same thing multiple times now, and I'm fairly sure that bug happens because the HDD isn't ready with spinning up yet, thus giving an incorrect game list.

Long story, hope my point got through. I'm using GX fine now - even updated to rev648 and everything's working like a charm.
I think we have different problems.
Like you I have the USB Loader GX Forwarder Channel launching the loader itself directly from my FAT32 partition, but for me that still works fine regardless of what version I have.

My issue is that I have all my configuration files, cover art, disc images and essentially EVERYTHING running from the HDD with NO SD card interaction needed.
While this still works fine with no issues with Rev 573 (and probably for several more after that, I'm a little to lazy to try em all) when I upgrade to the most resent Rev it no longer sees ANY of my previous config files, and wont even let me EDIT the default settings without having an SD card installed.

I think the problem is that suddenly the default path for where it looks for the config file is stupidly locked at just looking at an SD card.
The older versions didn't have this handicap, so why do the new ones?

There has to be more people like myself who have this entire thing running off their HDD with no SD card.
I mean I have set each of my friends wii's up with the forwarder channel too, so all I have to do when I come over is grab my HDD and no longer have to worry about losing my SD card (which ironically enough ended up happening anyway, lol).

So, does anyone have any useful suggestions on how to get it to look for the config on the HDD and NOT an SD card.

-Timboman2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok