• Replies 29,369
  • Likes 48

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4 minor bugs to report in R633:

-First one is the HBC button doesn't have a tool tip when you leave your cursor sitting on the button.

-Scrolling bug on synopsis is almost fixed. The missing text on scroll is fixed but now when the synopsis fits on more than a page and you scroll all the way down to the bottom then scroll all the way back up, once you let go of the button it goes to the second line. You just have to scroll up one more time for it to show. If you scroll to one line before the last line it won't happen.

-I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but when you first turn on the XML setting for reading game info, it doesn't show the game info from the XML even if you hit the refresh SD button. A reboot of the loader fixes that problem.

-This I haven't confirmed in this latest build (since within 5 builds) but I bet it is still there. When you view the synopsis of a game that has what it thinks is a bad JPG file after you leave the synopsis and gives you that error message about being a dipshit, it gives you the option to just acknowledge it with an OK or to delete the JPG. It even confirms whether you want to delete the JPG file and when you do, it still shows up after a refresh of SD and reboot of the loader.

DocNsanE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
justinvw said:
how can i edit the config file on the usb, because my PC cant read the partition that its on.

it keeps asking for the SD card

If you have a FAT partition on USB HDD, you can configure the loader to get its config/image files from the USB drive by changing the custom paths in the menu. But to me, it sounds like you don't have a FAT partition on the USB HDD because otherwise you'd see one in Windows and you could edit it from there.

You can't store the config/image files on the WBFS partition: just doesn't work that way.

If you don't have a FAT partition on the USB HDD, then you'll need to use the SD card for saving config settings and loading images. The paths are configurable from the UI but from what I recall the defaults are SD:\config and SD:\images.

Hope that helps!

(first post, yay! love the loader guys, read over 100 pages of this forum and I'm impressed with the development cycle -- keep it up!)

DocNsanE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hope this isn't off-topic, but I have about 15 years of development experience in various languages and have been a professional developer for about 10 years now. My cpp is a little rusted because I haven't used it at work which is where most of my coding is being done nowadays (mostly Vb.NET) but I was just wondering if you guys needed a hand with some basic tickets you'd think I could tackle knowing that I don't have any previous experience with the wii libraries.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DocNsanE said:
justinvw said:
how can i edit the config file on the usb, because my PC cant read the partition that its on.

it keeps asking for the SD card

If you have a FAT partition on USB HDD, you can configure the loader to get its config/image files from the USB drive by changing the custom paths in the menu. But to me, it sounds like you don't have a FAT partition on the USB HDD because otherwise you'd see one in Windows and you could edit it from there.

You can't store the config/image files on the WBFS partition: just doesn't work that way.

If you don't have a FAT partition on the USB HDD, then you'll need to use the SD card for saving config settings and loading images. The paths are configurable from the UI but from what I recall the defaults are SD:\config and SD:\images.

Hope that helps!

(first post, yay! love the loader guys, read over 100 pages of this forum and I'm impressed with the development cycle -- keep it up!)
If I may add: I you didn't assign a drive letter to the partition, the pc will not recognise it.
Manage partition by right-clicking Computer and choose manage. Then go to storage.

justinvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i think im getting it now, thanks for all the help so far.

im using a 1tb mybook, ive given 250g to the WBFS which is where you put the games. so if i format the other 750g to fat32 thats where the config file will go. is that right?

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
justinvw said:
ok i think im getting it now, thanks for all the help so far.

im using a 1tb mybook, ive given 250g to the WBFS which is where you put the games. so if i format the other 750g to fat32 thats where the config file will go. is that right?

make sure the FAT32 partition is Partition 1, USB loader GX reads off the first partition only

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
750GB is a bit much really, you only need like about 15-20GB at the most

you should split the 750GB in 2 parts

1 20GB at Fat32 and the othe 730GB at NTFS fo windows/mac for your personal use e.g musc, pics, backups of ur PC HD

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
pepxl said:
750GB is a bit much really, you only need like about 15-20GB at the most

Depends it might not be a soul Wii drive, pfft if i had a terabyte drive i would have other stuff on it, remember theres media playing homebrew, movies, music and pictures.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i no i have a 250GB WD Passport split into 3 partitions

oush0o.png

20GB FAT32 for Movies, Uniiloader and roms
90GB for WBFS with about 46 games and about 15-29GB still free
140GB for my pesonal pc stuff. music, pc iso's HDD backup just the norm really

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jservs7 said:
0ld8oy said:
jservs7 said:
0ld8oy said:
Did you try the fix in my post above yours?
That fix didn't work for me. I deleted my config files, went down to r629 then updated. However it didn't download any wiitdb.zip file so I went to the site and got my own. That's when I got the green screen, so I am assuming that wiitdb.zip file is the cause.

It is the wiitdb file. The loader is trying to load all of that info into memory upon boot. When you update now it downloads a wiitdb that only includes games from you region so there isn't so much info to load into memory.
Sorry if I'm missing something, but how do I get USB Loader GX to download the wiitdb file for me?

Well, the way I did it was I went back to r620, downloaded the full wiitdb from the site and placed it in my titles.txt path, deleted my config files, booted the loader and went straight to update all. It should overwrite your current wiitdb with an updated one. I had to go through with the downgrade because it won't let you update the wiitdb if your already at the most current revision.

NPVinny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, r620 gave me nothing but black screens. I updated to r633 hoping it would be better, but now not only do I get black screens, but sometimes I'll also get booted back to the Wii menu when I try to run a game. I tried deleting my config file, but that didn't help. I'll probably have to revert to an older revision. It's sad if only because these are the only 2 revisions to have ever given me trouble.

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OncleJulien said:
ok, so i have a wad playable/launchable from the system menu now, cool...so how do i get rid of the wad forwarder i had already installed?

i assumed anytitledeleter, but it doesn't use what i'd call 'friendly names'.

EDIT

wadmanager, duh...sorry, stupid readme's, not making me read them n' stuff.

What do you mean ... from the system menu... the forwared is also on the system menu or am I wrong.
What is the difference between the forwarder and the wad version. The forwarder is a wad right?

slingshot27

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Smiff said:
you don't want anyone running random apps from the sd card and messing up/bricking your wii..

Ah oke, good one
smile.gif

Posts merged

Can the game "Wii Sports Resort with Wii MotionPlus" be played with the loader without upgrading to 4.1

justinvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so i now have fat32 as partition1 and games on the 2nd one.

and the config is on partition 1 with all sd:/ changed to USB:/, so i took the SD card out because im guessing i dont need that now. but when i try to launch the loader it just loads for a few seconds and goes back to system menu.

does anyone know what i could be doing wrong please?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
slingshot27 said:
What do you mean ... from the system menu... the forwared is also on the system menu or am I wrong.

What is the difference between the forwarder and the wad version. The forwarder is a wad right?
well, i've had a forwarder in place for a month or so, installed as a wad, so i didnt have to get at gx via the hbc menu - last night i installed whatever the latest version was, and it didn't ask me the usual 'update dol update all?' question, and after it was finished installing, i had two gx channels on my menu. i used wad manager to uninstall the old one, leaving me only the newest, most recently installed channel.

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
i no i have a 250GB WD Passport split into 3 partitions

oush0o.png

20GB FAT32 for Movies, Uniiloader and roms
90GB for WBFS with about 46 games and about 15-29GB still free
140GB for my pesonal pc stuff. music, pc iso's HDD backup just the norm really

wish I would have thought of that (having a fat32 and a NTFS partition).

i just have my Wii partition and a large fat32 partition for movies/music

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...