• Views 7,176,026
  • Replies 29,365
  • Likes 48

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just figered out that I can commit some of my own changes to the loader. However I would not even consider such a thing without the teams ok on it. So can I change some of the tooltips, or is that going to far. I will not do anything till I get the ok. Thanks.

j0k3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
j0k3r said:
hi @ all,

The Preloader function works fine, but I have some Questions :

1. Must I use a Special boot.dol to set this boot.dol in preloader, as boot App, or can I use every boot.dol from any USBLoader ?
2. Is there a way, that we can go from our USBLoader_GX back to HBC, cause when I boot direct to GX with preloader, I wanna go direct back to my HBC, without going in the normal sysmenu before.
3. The LED thing, when the LED only is on during the install of some Games, and when the install is finish, the LED is OFF.

...anyone ???

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I have just figered out that I can commit some of my own changes to the loader. However I would not even consider such a thing without the teams ok on it. So can I change some of the tooltips, or is that going to far. I will not do anything till I get the ok. Thanks.
You can create an SVN Patchfile of your changes and upload it in an issue. Than someone of the team can look into it and if everything is ok patch our source with that file and your code is inside. Than we can commit it.

I noticed some people telling that they got eject error. I am gonna look into it now.

Daydreamer33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hey at all

does anyone exactly know how ocarina in usbloader gx works??
Ocarina funktion is activated and cheats are in the codes folder.
i tryed the Legend of zelda TP with cheats but i can't start with cheats.
The game run normal.

do I need usb or sd Gecko???

leobo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi
New forwarder work for me only with SD:/apps/loader_gx/boot.dol and don't work from USB:/apps/loader_gx/boot.dol.
My Wii 4.0e waninkoko cios13b.
Old forwarder work good from USB.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cyatic said:
Digital1980 said:
invitroo said:
I found a little trick to not avoid having to switch off the console every time between game

I put wii sports in my console (the original)

So after you finish a game go into the menu wii select the cd wii sports

when see cd and spin, you can go in USB LOADER GX and i can go choose a new game and it works great !

Interesting! Thank you very much for the tip as this has been nuisance for me. I just about to downgrade back to a previous Rev but I'm going to try your little trick!

Thx again for posting.

Hi,
I have been pressing the "Home" button and choosing "reset," no problems switching games.

yeah, rebooting, that seemed to be only solution before this little trick.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
Royusmc said:
You can create an SVN Patchfile of your changes and upload it in an issue. Than someone of the team can look into it and if everything is ok patch our source with that file and your code is inside. Than we can commit it.

I noticed some people telling that they got eject error. I am gonna look into it now.

Well I did the best I could but I do not know how to make a SVN Patchfile so I just gave the way to change it and I hope that works. Thank you for your help and I hope that these changes will be made or least a way to change them from the config file in the themes.

warlord2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimok said:
Royusmc said:

Thx dimok r522 resolves the eject error.

Didibochum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry folks, i think i`ve missed something. i was only a few days gone and couldn`t read in this awesome forum :-)
Can anybody give me a link that explains how to load usb loader from hdd fat partittion ?

Best regards,
Dietmar

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didibochum said:
Sorry folks, i think i`ve missed something. i was only a few days gone and couldn`t read in this awesome forum :-)
Can anybody give me a link that explains how to load usb loader from hdd fat partittion ?

Best regards,
Dietmar

Use the proper forwarder (9.6.09)
Use the update function to get the latest version
Move the folder SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ to the USB drive so it's USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/
Move the folder SD:/config/ to the USB drive so it's USB:/config
Open the file USB:/config/GXGlobal.cfg and change all instances of "SD" paths to "USB"

Hook everything back up and go!

If you have problems just delete the GXGlobal.cfg file and try again

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didibochum said:

Best regards,
Dietmar

Ok so everyone knows. First you have to repartition the hard drive. To do this in windows make a backup of any wii games on your wbfs partition. Next right click on computer in start menu. Go down to manager and click. Next go to disk management and find the hard drive you are going to use. Next right click and delete volume. So every thing on the hard drive is blank next creat a new partition by right clicking on the volume again and clicking on create new partition I thank. Creat a fat or fat32 partition in windows no bigger then 31gb for fat partition. So programs will partition bigger but you only need 1gb for this app. I used 10gb so I could use for emulators and such. Next create a ntsf partition and use a wbfs program to format the ntsf partition to wbfs. Now copy all your wii games to the wbfs partition. Almost done. Make sure the sd card usbloader_gx folder in the apps folder is change so the loader don't load it instead. Use the new frowarder and setup the fat partition with a apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol or elf file. And that should do it. Good Luck!

Didibochum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hooya said:
Move the folder SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/ to the USB drive so it's USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/
Open the file USB:/config/GXGlobal.cfg and change all instances of "SD" paths to "USB"

Thanks, that will help :-)

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didibochum said:
Hooya said:

Thanks, that will help :-)

Oh yeah, just remember that the games still need to be on a WBFS partition!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...