sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi,

First time user of usb loader gx, and I've hit a problem. I installed the latest dol (501) and used the meta.xml and icon.png from usb loader gx 1.0. I can view the loader, select files etc. However, I can't find the option to enable the 002 fix, as that's what I got when I loaded the iso.

Can anyone adivse on how to resolve this?

PS: I'm using cIOS 13a, and installed it to IOS249.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sekhu said:
hi,

First time user of usb loader gx, and I've hit a problem. I installed the latest dol (501) and used the meta.xml and icon.png from usb loader gx 1.0. I can view the loader, select files etc. However, I can't find the option to enable the 002 fix, as that's what I got when I loaded the iso.

Can anyone adivse on how to resolve this?
should be in the game settings (the settings you can access when you see the disc spinning) or in the normal 'game load' settings

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyrianCubed said:
I went back to rev 478, that works for me. Revisions from 492 and up don't work, always give me that error I told you about before (no partition found"), dunno why. Screw it, I'll stay with 478.
It's really annoying that newer versions don't work...same error as Moose13, I even tried telling the program to format but it gave me another "no partition found" error.

i get the same error. thansk for letting me know up until which version it worked -- i'll go back down to that one.

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
I tried that, teegale, but no dice. Pressing return restarts my wii and we're back at square 1. I'm using the forwarder channel btw.
@sm32: I tried up to that version and it works, but there could be working revisions newer than that. I didn't want to try every single one of those lol! For sure 478 works for me, you could try other revisions between that and 492 (doesn't work).

Daviii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
could use some help here iv read loads lookin for an answer an i reckon im makin a noob mistake here we go im running hbc 1.0.3 i have cios rev13b i formatted my harddrive to fat32 then used easeus partition manager to format a 13 gig partition to fat32 then used wbfs manager 3.0 to format the rest of the drive to wbfs(500gig)then inside my 13 gig fat32 partition i put the folder apps containing usbloadergx plug in my drive without sd in the wii and hbc comes up blank what am i doing wrong

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Daviii said:
could use some help here iv read loads lookin for an answer an i reckon im makin a noob mistake here we go im running hbc 1.0.3 i have cios rev13b i formatted my harddrive to fat32 then used easeus partition manager to format a 13 gig partition to fat32 then used wbfs manager 3.0 to format the rest of the drive to wbfs(500gig)then inside my 13 gig fat32 partition i put the folder apps containing usbloadergx plug in my drive without sd in the wii and hbc comes up blank what am i doing wrong

Is the usbloader dol installed as:
USB:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol
?

That's how it's gotta be for HBC (or anything else) to see it.

alexinna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
fitzfuchs said:
Coverwall for 4:3?
Hi, i use rev501.
i noticed the the coverwall now is only for 16:9 format tv screens. But i have a 4:3 old tv. Is there maybe an option to switch back to the old coverwall? Or maybe the loader will notice my format and will use the format automaticly?
greetz Fitz
It's the same as it was when I first made it. I just forgot to put in the else statement in there. I never wrote the bits for 4/3 setup so you were just seeing what was made for widescreen on a 4/3 tv. maybe after all the bugs are worked out of it and i run out of stuff to do (of if my 16/9 tv breaks) then i'll write it for 4/3.
People are still using 4/3 TVs. Please make us happy as well
bow.gif
when you have a chance.
Thanks a lot for a great loader!

Daviii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i have the dol renamed to boot iv been using hbc and usbloader gx a while now dont know wtf im doin wrong i have some unallocated space on my drive could that be the problem i dont think it is?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moose13 said:
Mantis41 said:
I have found the following works with all of my current games, I do not need to power off the Wii between games, load speeds are good and so far no crashes or glitches.
rolleyes.gif

lecture.gif
Installing Hermes cIOS USB
  • Make sure you have the latest version of USB loader GX - currently 497+
  • Make sure any 00000001 directories have been deleted from the root of the SD card before starting or the cIOS install will most probably fail.
  • Install Hermes cIOS - LINK (This is V3)
  • Install to 222 using IOS 36 merged with 38 (I have changed mine to this setting now)
  • Also install to 223 using IOS 37 merged with 36
  • Unlock the loader and change the Game Load settings to IOS222 then re-start. (good idea to delete the game config file or some of the games may have their settings saved as IOS249 which will still hang after one game has been played)
lecture.gif
A bit off the topic but, If you are planing on using MplayerCE then also:
  • Install Hermes cIOS to 202 using IOS 36
  • Then install DVDx - LINK - using advanced option and install to cIOS 202. (use D pad to navigate)
  • if DVDx gives an error then use cIOS downgrader - LINK - and then install DVDx again after re-start
Have done this to my Wii running system menu 4.0E and everthing seems to be running well.

Hope This helps.

One last thing, I have a couple of games, Klonoa for example, that require a custom video mode set to Autopatch or they will hang on a black screen.

I have also forget to mention that Metroid and De-Bug still need a disk in the drive with 222. I have used the custom settings for these two games so they use cIOS249 and I can still start a second game on cIOS222 afterwards without turning off the Wii.
cool.gif

I've tried this, but when I restart, the USB drive is not recognized under 222. If I pick 249, it wants me to reformat the drive (that I don't want to do since I have 500GB+ installed which took forever).
So if I deleated the config file off the SD card, and it goes back to 249, the drive is recognized again, and the games play fine.
But I still need to turn off the wii to play a different game.
Suggestions?
I am guessing the Hermes cIOS does not like you HDD enclosure. I am not sure what the compatibility is like for Hermes. I use the same enlosures for all of my HDDs and have not had a problem with any of the loaders or IOSs. I purchsed 4 of these - LINK - some time ago and have used them with many diffferent HDDs without issue, I was supprised considering how cheap they were, took around 2 weeks to arrive in the UK from China.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
bow.gif
when you have a chance.

Dear coders of this software:

Please do not waste your time with this crap. Stick to getting more features and stability. Thank you.

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
QUOTE said:
bow.gif
when you have a chance.

Please do not waste your time with this crap. Stick to getting more features and stability. Thank you.

Please try to understand that this loader is a part of alot of people lives. The good and the bad. This loader is being worked on by a team of people who are trying to make it the best it can be. It is very stable right now, and will be stable for awhile I hope. I don't thank adding support for 4:3 uses is a bad thing. I don't use 4:3 myself but do not want people nocking others request, as I have made some big ones myself. If the team members like the idea and have the time they will try to get the ideas going. If not they skip them and come back to them latter. But most of this loader is a beta project. For more stable releases download form the first page of this post. As always thanks for all your hard work.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
quepaso said:
QUOTE said:
bow.gif
when you have a chance.

Please try to understand that this loader is a part of alot of people lives. The good and the bad. This loader is being worked on by a team of people who are trying to make it the best it can be. It is very stable right now, and will be stable for awhile I hope. I don't thank adding support for 4:3 uses is a bad thing. I don't use 4:3 myself but do not want people nocking others request, as I have made some big ones myself. If the team members like the idea and have the time they will try to get the ideas going. If not they skip them and come back to them latter. But most of this loader is a beta project. For more stable releases download form the first page of this post. As always thanks for all your hard work.

They already said they have no interest in it and yet people still ask. STOP ASKING.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an sd/sdhc compatibility list for this app? i'm trying to move off a vanilla wanin 1.5 that has suited me just fine, to GX, but i'm getting stymied when i attempt to save my settings to any of my 4 cards.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quepaso said:
Royusmc said:
quepaso said:
QUOTE said:
bow.gif
when you have a chance.

They already said they have no interest in it and yet people still ask. STOP ASKING.
People have the right to ask just like you can tell people to stop asking.
smile.gif

Remember that more people asking makes things happen, that's how petitions work don't they?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'll make a deal with you all. If you all stop ...
1)asking the same questions over and over that have been answered
2)saying i can't make it work. i have blabla Wii, blabla firmware, blabla cios.
3)asking how to use a specific feature (how do i download covers? where is the 002fix) just click around a bit or read this 400 page post. its in there.
4)asking about getting specific games to work. it is different on everybody's wii& TV. again. just play with the options this isn't rocket science.

then I will agree to put in the 4/3 version of the coverwall.
smile.gif

kyogc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is it possible to add IOS250 support which could be the temp solution for the "Freezing Bug" when launch next game before new cIOS out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...