• Likes 48

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI dimok - I am on 4.0u and could open the loader no matter what cIOS222 I installed after setting GX to run globally as 222. Now, some games don't like it at all, but that's a different story.

In my tests I noticed no performance, speed or compatibility improvements on any variety of cIOS222 (or 223 on individual game settings) over cIOS249rev_12. Several games will not work for me if I have global set one way and the individual game set the other (Metroid). The old problem of needing a disk in the drive for some games comes back with anything other than 249rev12+ and since loading speeds are all just about identical (at most 10% different, and not always consistently in favor of one cIOS) there seems to be no reason for me to do anything other than focusing on 249rev12 right now.

I appreciate the feature though, as some people expect it to be better for whatever reason.

sprtsdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
IOS rev12 will over write rev13b so yes you can.

I was trying to find out more on installing ios222 or ios223 and found this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=160973 It don't say much about it but it might give you a hint of what to do. So take a quick look and post any good settings.

thanks man, it worked. I just installed rev12 and used ios249 to install with and so far have played 5 games back to back without any problems. thanks for all your help!

Also I think since the app freezes after initializing network for downloading covers and disc art, it should give you a prompt asking you if you would like to restart the program.

Edit: I just found hermes cIOS 222 installer on there website. Since so far everything is working again, should I even bother installing that or just leave it alone for now?

shcezris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I recently installed this awesome program and I am loving it, but I have been having this problem with it. Every time I try to download cover art the wii freezes and has a black screen with a message saying "Exception (DSI) occurred". This also happens when I try the update button under the settings. I know my internet works since I can go online with brawl... Please help me out here.

(BTW I can't seem to get the cover images to work even after downloading them and putting them directly on the sd card. They go in the Root:images/ correct? Thanks again.)

Triumph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shcezris, please post what rev of cios you have installed, version of USB Loader GX (the rxxx part), Wii System Version, and anything else that would help the developers fix the issue.

Also, I had a similar issue using r483, but since then I updated manually to a newer version, and update works again for me.

shcezris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just figured out the problem with the black screen, turns out that having the usb ethernet thing is a bad thing with usb loader gx. So downloading cover art is no longer an option. Can you explain to me what I am doing wrong with the cover art? I have the newest version of gx and I downloaded all the cover art from all regions off of the "theotherzone.com" then put them in root/images/ yet still they do not show up.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shcezris said:
Just figured out the problem with the black screen, turns out that having the usb ethernet thing is a bad thing with usb loader gx. So downloading cover art is no longer an option. Can you explain to me what I am doing wrong with the cover art? I have the newest version of gx and I downloaded all the cover art from all regions off of the "theotherzone.com" then put them in root/images/ yet still they do not show up.

Start the gx loader and go into the settings menu.Look around in there and you can change the path of the images.Just make it match to where ever you have your images saved on your sd card.

shcezris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did just that.... and still nothing. Are you sure there isn't something special I need to do? Like are the images from that site already set to work perfectly? Or maybe the images need to have there own folder based on the region? I just don't see what I could be doing wrong.

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As a reminder to some.

Regarding the grid mode, your Wii must be in 16:9 mode to see games in the grid.

Also some more info...

Royusmc said:
If you going to use the grid mode you need at least 16 games on the game count. But code dumps if press up. Remove the config file to stop the code dumps at startup. and for a code dump free grid make sure you have 43 games in game count. Im sure it will be fix soon.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have found the following works with all of my current games, I do not need to power off the Wii between games, load speeds are good and so far no crashes or glitches.
rolleyes.gif

lecture.gif
Installing Hermes cIOS USB
  • Make sure you have the latest version of USB loader GX - currently 497+
  • Make sure any 00000001 directories have been deleted from the root of the SD card before starting or the cIOS install will most probably fail.
  • Install Hermes cIOS - LINK (This is V3)
  • Install to 222 using IOS 36 merged with 38 (I have changed mine to this setting now)
  • Also install to 223 using IOS 37 merged with 36
  • Unlock the loader and change the Game Load settings to IOS222 then re-start. (good idea to delete the game config file or some of the games may have their settings saved as IOS249 which will still hang after one game has been played)
lecture.gif
A bit off the topic but, If you are planing on using MplayerCE then also:
  • Install Hermes cIOS to 202 using IOS 36
  • Then install DVDx - LINK - using advanced option and install to cIOS 202. (use D pad to navigate)
  • if DVDx gives an error then use cIOS downgrader - LINK - and then install DVDx again after re-start
Have done this to my Wii running system menu 4.0E and everthing seems to be running well.

Hope This helps.

One last thing, I have a couple of games, Klonoa for example, that require a custom video mode set to Autopatch or they will hang on a black screen.

I have also forget to mention that Metroid and De-Bug still need a disk in the drive with 222. I have used the custom settings for these two games so they use cIOS249 and I can still start a second game on cIOS222 afterwards without turning off the Wii.
cool.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK. In rev499 - 501 I changed a bit in the way the coverwall thinks. I have messed with it and putting any number of favorites and changing the # of rows and the way games are sorted and it doesn't code dump. There are still little bugs in it but at least now it is harder to crash. But I'm sure as simple as it is, somebody will find a way to break it. I also put in a prompt so all you geniuses that can't read the changelog or other posts that cover it will stop asking why it doesn't show your games.

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannerxeu.png
r501
Current -- DOL / ELF / (CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW)

**NOTE 1: r466 You might want to delete your Configfiles before using this new Rev.**
**NOTE 2: r468 NO PASSWORD IS SET by default and the loader starts in godmode.**

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/06),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiMonkey said:
isostar said:
WiiMonkey said:
When trying to compile the latest version i get this error

> "make"
"make": svnversion: Command not found
make[1]: svnversion: Command not found
Update your devkit folder
gbasp.gif

http://usbloader-gui.googlecode.com/files/...-10-06-2009.zip

Thanks but this didnt fix it, i still get the error.

QUOTE(Royusmc @ Jun 11 2009, 02:13 PM)
You no I get the same error to. But the dol works just find, the only thing I see changed is when I go to cridits there is no revion number. And it always ask me to update even if I have a higher revion. But that is not a big deal. So I would not let that stop you from making your own dol files. I am sure they will fix this or let up know what we have to do to get it to work.
You need Slik Subversion
read this
http://code.google.com/p/usbloader-gui/source/detail?r=401

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
shcezris said:
Just figured out the problem with the black screen, turns out that having the usb ethernet thing is a bad thing with usb loader gx.

Eh ??

Not sure which version I am on (fairly recent though - less than a week old) and the USB LAN adaptor works fine with GX. I am running cIOS rev12 on 4.0E Kaninko firmware upgrade.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For installing Hermes' cIOS222, do I have to have IOS36 on the SD-card? If so, where? Maybe that's why the installation crashes when I select IOS36 as base wad.

Edit: I'll try it in some minutes...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
For installing Hermes' cIOS222, do I have to have IOS36 on the SD-card? If so, where? Maybe that's why the installation crashes when I select IOS36 as base wad.

Edit: I'll try it in some minutes...

Remember to delete the 00000001 directory from the root of the SD card before installing. The one I installed required a network connection to download IOS36,37,38

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...