XP
Country
United States
I used default install settings for cios222 and it didnt work
i uninstalled it just now and used ios60 merged with 36
and it works fine

not sure if its due to updating usbloader gx though

da blob needs cios249 though or no load
rest work much faster so far (the ones ive tested)

bula said:
Could some one post what option under installer I need to install to get CIOS222 working. Do I need to install all three optuons? TY

moe24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What other cios other than rev13,will load games that need 002fix enabled like sims racing or burger island?I really dont like using rev13 having to power down wii after every game to get hdd to kick back on really sucks.I really liked using rev9 but it wont load them just green screen.thanks to anybody who can help me
smile.gif

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moe24 said:
What other cios other than rev13,will load games that need 002fix enabled like sims racing or burger island?I really dont like using rev13 having to power down wii after every game to get hdd to kick back on really sucks.I really liked using rev9 but it wont load them just green screen.thanks to anybody who can help me
smile.gif

im using rev12
it doesnt crash

dimok

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shonk said:
and it works fine

bula said:
Could some one post what option under installer I need to install to get CIOS222 working. Do I need to install all three optuons? TY
Maybe this is an issue with Firmware 4.0 ? Maybe people with Firmware 4.0 need to install 222 with 60 merged to 36, though i dont really know i never used the Hermes IOSs. What i would recommend is deleting existing IOS222/223 before reinstalling them.

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just been reading
someone said 36 38 merged is the best

im going to uninstall and try default again to confirm that the usbloader update didnt fix it
then if that doesnt work will try 36 38 merged

dimok said:
Shonk said:
and it works fine

bula said:
Maybe this is an issue with Firmware 4.0 ? Maybe people with Firmware 4.0 need to install 222 with 60 merged to 36, though i dont really know i never used the Hermes IOSs. What i would recommend is deleting existing IOS222/223 before reinstalling them.

babibel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

Like i said a few days ago, i use the very stable r366 wad, and i test the lastest releases with the forwarder

Since the GXGlobal.cfg file change the way it store the parameters, i think it is not possible anymore (if the GXGlobal.cfg file is the r366 one, my r480+ forwarded version doesn't work, and if the GXGlobal.cfg file is the r480+ one, my r366 wad version doesn't work)

Is it a way to continue to use the old one and test the new one on the same wii without erasing config file every time ???

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shonk said:
Just been reading

im going to uninstall and try default again to confirm that the usbloader update didnt fix it

dimok said:
Shonk said:
and it works fine

bula said:

Thanks Shonk. Be eagerly waiting your results.

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uninstalled 60 36 merged
installed 36 36 default

all works fine
either an update fixed it
or the first install of the cios was bad

0ld8oy said:
Shonk said:
Just been reading

dimok said:
Shonk said:
and it works fine

bula said:

Thanks Shonk. Be eagerly waiting your results.

moe24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shonk said:
moe24 said:
smile.gif

im using rev12
it doesnt crash
I tried rev12 still no go its a green screen or black screen, 002 games dont seen to work unless i use rev13

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
sprtsdaddy said:
Love the loader guys! Great work. Only prob I have with it is loading a second game, for example...I start it up fine and select a game and start playing. I exit out of the game and restart the loader. I choose another game and when I do It freezes. No matter if I play the previous game for 1 hour or 5 mins still same result. Also I'm using a 1tb western digital external. Thanks for all your great work guys!

Known bug in cIOS13b.

I have found the following works with all of my current games, I do not need to power off the Wii between games, load speeds are good and so far no crashes or glitches.
rolleyes.gif

lecture.gif
Installing Hermes cIOS USB
  • Make sure you have the latest version of USB loader GX - currently 497+
  • Make sure any 00000001 directories have been deleted from the root of the SD card before starting or the cIOS install will most probably fail.
  • Install Hermes cIOS - LINK
  • Install to 222 using IOS 36
  • Also install to 223 using IOS 37 merged with 36
  • Unlock the loader and change the Game Load settings to IOS222 then re-start. (good idea to delete the game config file or some of the games may have their settings saved as IOS249 which will still hang after one game has been played)
lecture.gif
A bit off the topic but, If you are planing on using MplayerCE then also:
  • Install Hermes cIOS to 202 using IOS 36
  • Then install DVDx - LINK - using advanced option and install to cIOS 202. (use D pad to navigate)
  • if DVDx gives an error then use cIOS downgrader - LINK - and then install DVDx again after re-start
Have done this to my Wii running system menu 4.0E and everthing seems to be running well.
Hope This helps.

One last thing, I have a couple of games, Klonoa for example, that require a custom video mode set to Autopatch or they will hang on a black screen.

chumpolx

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
This may sound stupid but could anybody tell me how to enter grid view please?
I have done some searching and found out you can simply click on toggle button or something.
But I couldn't find the grid icon that was talked about.

Is there something that need to be done before it becomes visible???
Thanks in advance for any responses
bow.gif

Eclipse01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chumpolx said:
This may sound stupid but could anybody tell me how to enter grid view please?
I have done some searching and found out you can simply click on toggle button or something.
But I couldn't find the grid icon that was talked about.

Is there something that need to be done before it becomes visible???
Thanks in advance for any responses
bow.gif

I believe you have to have widescreen enabled on your Wii

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannerxeu.png
r497
Current -- DOL / ELF / CHANNEL

**NOTE 1: r466 You might want to delete your Configfiles before using this new Rev.**
**NOTE 2: r468 NO PASSWORD IS SET by default and the loader starts in godmode.**

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/06),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

sprtsdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
sprtsdaddy said:
Love the loader guys! Great work. Only prob I have with it is loading a second game, for example...I start it up fine and select a game and start playing. I exit out of the game and restart the loader. I choose another game and when I do It freezes. No matter if I play the previous game for 1 hour or 5 mins still same result. Also I'm using a 1tb western digital external. Thanks for all your great work guys!

Thats a problem with the ios13 and ios13b. Try ios12.

If you going to use the grid mode you need at least 16 games on the game count. But code dumps if press up. Remove the config file to stop the code dumps at startup. and for a code dump free grid make sure you have 43 games in game count. Im sure it will be fix soon.

ok ill give it a go. im on 13b so i can just install 12 without doing anything else right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Super Crown Bowser and Pikachu lol