• Views 7,221,020
  • Replies 29,375
  • Likes 48

nigang

Trophies
XP
Country
icpmattj said:
If you remove the sd card and still run everything off the hard drive the pixels go away.Its either that or the new forwarder which causes the random pixels when both sd and hard drive and plugged in regardless of which one you use.Im running everything off of my hard drive now and if i leave the sd card out the forwarder works fine and shows no random color pixels.If i put the sd card in and then run the forwarder i get the random pixels.I don't know what will happen if your running off the sd card and use the forwarder though so i cant try that.

The forwarder also seams to load everything slower if the sd card is inserted and your running off the hard drive.

hi, how did you get stuff to run off the hard drive?
everything i have (usbloader, homebrew channel) all read from the sd card and refuses to read anywhere else.
thanks.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nigang said:
icpmattj said:
If you remove the sd card and still run everything off the hard drive the pixels go away.Its either that or the new forwarder which causes the random pixels when both sd and hard drive and plugged in regardless of which one you use.Im running everything off of my hard drive now and if i leave the sd card out the forwarder works fine and shows no random color pixels.If i put the sd card in and then run the forwarder i get the random pixels.I don't know what will happen if your running off the sd card and use the forwarder though so i cant try that.

The forwarder also seams to load everything slower if the sd card is inserted and your running off the hard drive.

hi, how did you get stuff to run off the hard drive?
everything i have (usbloader, homebrew channel) all read from the sd card and refuses to read anywhere else.
thanks.

HBC has to be 1.2 or 1.3 to load dol from your HD.

nigang

Trophies
XP
Country
hmm. i was considering that earlier but i dismissed it as i thought i already had hbc 1.0.3
i guess not heh
ok, i'll go check it out
thanks a bunch

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
icpmattj said:
Empyr69er said:
Is anyone else getting a black screen with random colored pixels right after using the forwarder before the loader loads. it looks a bit glitchy to me. I am on rev493, cIOS 12, 4.0 FW
I've got the same set up as you.

Rev493
CiosRev12
4.0U
Latest forwarder(6.9.09)

Its been answered before but here is the answer again.

Your getting the random colored pixels because you have the sd card in the wii and your running everything off of the hard drive fat partition.

Thanks for the answer! I really appreciate your input. I'm not running the loader off of the FAT partition(YET). I will try that out and see if it fixes my problem. Maybe these new revs are more optimized for being run off of a hard drive. I dunno, lol. I am so glad I kept a fair size fat partition on my Seagate!! CHEERS!

crazyshorty2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I have a strange problem with usbloader_gx.
Every version after 479 forces me to start the loader twice before being able to boot it properly.
In Detail:
Start Wii
Load HBC
Start usbloader_gx
select CIOS 249 and plugin HDD
program tells me that no wbfs partition was found
if I choose format partition it tells me that no partition was found
program restarts automatically
loading HBC
loading usbloader gx
booting fine and I'm in the menu.
Anyone else having such problems ?

I have tried using Hermes 222, but usbloader_gx tells me cios222 was not found?!

Used Software
wii 4.0e waninkoko
hbc 1.03
usbloader 479 and up to 496
cios38 rev 12 and 13b
hermes 222 from usbloader_gx website

greetings
crazyshorty2k

nigang

Trophies
XP
Country
bula said:

did you mean 1.0.2 or 1.0.3?
if so then it hasn't worked for me yet.
does it have to be a FAT partition?
i reformatted the partition and it doesn't work either.
hmm.. i do recall someone saying it has to be the first partition?
haven't checked that yet but i will if it's true

anyhow hbc still starts with the words "loading SD" after which nothing appears but the background

just tried loadmii and that works, but it's obviously not ideal since i have to go to hbc then to loadmii then go through a few awkward button presses just to locate and load the dol in the hard drive.
i was wondering if there was a forwarder channel that points to your hard drive instead of the sd card
and is it just dol file of the usbloader you're running off the hard drive or all the config and image files as well
is there a directory path for the usb port à la "SD:/" that i can use in the path settings in the usb loader?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nigang said:
bula said:

did you mean 1.0.2 or 1.0.3?
if so then it hasn't worked for me yet.
does it have to be a FAT partition?
i reformatted the partition and it doesn't work either.
hmm.. i do recall someone saying it has to be the first partition?
haven't checked that yet but i will if it's true

anyhow hbc still starts with the words "loading SD" after which nothing appears but the background

It has to be a FAT partition and it has to be the first on the drive.

lorenzo67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I don't understand one thing...i try to use grid view but i see nothing, also with last rev.

The 2d picture must have some particular dimension? I try to use 160X225 image , but nothing to do

Someone else have the same problem? i try also to delete global config, but nothin change.

Thank you very much

P.S. rev 9 on 3.2 system with rev 493 , all is on SD

Lorenzo

nuke888

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
bannerxeu.png
r493
Current -- DOL / ELF/channel (it was out a while now. starstemr forgot to post it here)

Hermes' latest cIOS support is here

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/09),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

The channel version of 493 doesnt work i i did tested it on 4.0E waninoko with trucha and rev13 cios,older 489 posted some pages ago instead works.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have problems installing Hermes' cIOS222. At the second screen when you have to select the base IOS, when I select IOS36 (default), it freezes. Any idea what could be wrong?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
I have problems installing Hermes' cIOS222. At the second screen when you have to select the base IOS, when I select IOS36 (default), it freezes. Any idea what could be wrong?

Use Anytitledeleter and uninstall cIOS202 then try again...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First: rev493 runs perfect from my FAT32 Partition
smile.gif
. It's more stable than ever
biggrin.gif
. Great work!!!

Now...I was thinking a little bit...and came to a wish...not needed, but would be nice (at least for me...):

Maybe someone could integrate CodeDownloader and CheatManager into the Loader? So you can do all you need to to for the games in the loader (for the lazy ones
tongue.gif
)? Like a new Button in the Seetings, named "Ocarina", you klick on it, then you can choose between downloading and creating, and it will save them to the default location in the Config...would be very nice (especially because these apps haven't been updated yet to use USB, or an GUI, or an On-Screen Keyboard)...sad part..looks like there's no source
frown.gif
. If there would be one, I would play around with it for myself...

Well, I'm very happy with what I got, I think I don't realy need more...but this would be a nice Addition for me
wink.gif
. Anyways, again awesome work done, it just works perfect!!!

mhd4mhd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
First: rev493 runs perfect from my FAT32 Partition
smile.gif
. It's more stable than ever
biggrin.gif
. Great work!!!

Now...I was thinking a little bit...and came to a wish...not needed, but would be nice (at least for me...):

Maybe someone could integrate CodeDownloader and CheatManager into the Loader? So you can do all you need to to for the games in the loader (for the lazy ones
tongue.gif
)? Like a new Button in the Seetings, named "Ocarina", you klick on it, then you can choose between downloading and creating, and it will save them to the default location in the Config...would be very nice (especially because these apps haven't been updated yet to use USB, or an GUI, or an On-Screen Keyboard)...sad part..looks like there's no source
frown.gif
. If there would be one, I would play around with it for myself...

Well, I'm very happy with what I got, I think I don't realy need more...but this would be a nice Addition for me
wink.gif
. Anyways, again awesome work done, it just works perfect!!!

wow perfect idea
yaynds.gif

starstremr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bannerxeu.png
r496
Current -- DOL / ELF / CHANNEL

**NOTE 1: r466 You might want to delete your Configfiles before using this new Rev.**
**NOTE 2: r468 NO PASSWORD IS SET by default and the loader starts in godmode.**

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/06),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crazyshorty2k said:
Hello,

I have a strange problem with usbloader_gx.
Every version after 479 forces me to start the loader twice before being able to boot it properly.
In Detail:
Start Wii
Load HBC
Start usbloader_gx
select CIOS 249 and plugin HDD
program tells me that no wbfs partition was found
if I choose format partition it tells me that no partition was found
program restarts automatically
loading HBC
loading usbloader gx
booting fine and I'm in the menu.
Anyone else having such problems ?

I have tried using Hermes 222, but usbloader_gx tells me cios222 was not found?!

Used Software
wii 4.0e waninkoko
hbc 1.03
usbloader 479 and up to 496
cios38 rev 12 and 13b
hermes 222 from usbloader_gx website

greetings
crazyshorty2k

Do this

Plug in your hard drive before you even start the loader.It should start right up then and shouldnt ask you which cios to use and it automatically find the drive.

Teh H4rRy

Trophies
XP
Country
I am new to this (like super new) and i LOVE this loader, i used the download link from the top, version 1.0. But i am stuck with the need to unlock the loader. I cannot change anything and yet all the videos shown are showing an unlocked version, if version 1.0 is based off r468 and "r468 *Fixed UnlockButton vanishing *Fixed Update SD bug (wrong message) *CHANGED STANDARD PASSWORT TO NOT SET AND STANDARD LOAD IN GODMODE IF NO PASSWORT SET" It cleary hasnt, Am i doing something wrong? can anyone help?

*FACEPALM* Really sorry guys, i didnt see the recent post

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lorenzo67 said:
Hi, I don't understand one thing...i try to use grid view but i see nothing, also with last rev.

The 2d picture must have some particular dimension? I try to use 160X225 image , but nothing to do

Someone else have the same problem? i try also to delete global config, but nothin change.

Thank you very much

P.S. rev 9 on 3.2 system with rev 493 , all is on SD

Lorenzo

Hi again just wanted to say again that the wii must be in widescreen mode to use the new grid. To do this go the wii menu and select the wii button, Wii settings, screen, widescreen settings, Widescreen (16:9). And then they will apear next time you use the loader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?