• Views 7,277,134
  • Replies 29,409
  • Likes 48

Royusmc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question and I know this is not the place to ask it, But with everyone on this site I know I will get a good anser. I only want 2 or 3 post of ansers as to not change the subject of this website. I do not thank that we will see this loader play movies and music at least for a while. So dose anyone no the best or a media player with IR suport. I have been using mplayer_gx 0.62 and it works alright. I just want something faster and with IR suport and a good gui. If there is not a better one out there please do not post anything about it. But if you do know of one that is better please post a web address or something so I can take a look. Thanks!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Royusmc said:
I have a question and I know this is not the place to ask it, But with everyone on this site I know I will get a good anser. I only want 2 or 3 post of ansers as to not change the subject of this website. I do not thank that we will see this loader play movies and music at least for a while. So dose anyone no the best or a media player with IR suport. I have been using mplayer_gx 0.62 and it works alright. I just want something faster and with IR suport and a good gui. If there is not a better one out there please do not post anything about it. But if you do know of one that is better please post a web address or something so I can take a look. Thanks!

You should just use the Homebrew Browser and install several media players and find one that you like. You'll get many varied responses from this question, and it's not really on topic at all for this thread. If you really want help for this, post a new thread or search for previous threads like it.

Word is that mplayer_gx is getting a new GUI soon anyway.

moe24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
delete fix my problem
gbasp.gif

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dudando said:
Currently, what is the best cIOS the use? I have 12 here just engaged and ready to install.

Most people will say 10, but you'll get some 13s here and there.

For me 12 is the clear winner. 13 has the "freeze when loading second game without restarting the wii" issue. 10 isn't as stable and some games lock up with my Wii and HDD. 12 is stable without lockups or freezes anywhere. Unless you NEED the Rockband instrument support and/or WiiSpeak support, I would really recommend 12.

marinos35

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
bannerxeu.png
r493
Current -- DOL / ELF/channel (it was out a while now. starstemr forgot to post it here)

Hermes' latest cIOS support is here

OR
check the site's http://usbloadergx.koureio.net/ download page for the
latest official channel (r475 - 2009/06/08),
the new official forwarder (2009/06/09),
official covers (2009/05/28) and discs (2009/05/30) packs, language files,
old hermes 222 which was compatible, Waninkoko's cIOS38 v13b plus anything else that worth the space
tongue.gif

You can also grab the now outdated pack of Version 1.0 for the icon and meta file.AND
Click here to stay informed on the current NEWS about the loader and important stuff
(plz read
the first post or the help page + FAQ page at the sitebefore asking
)

People who cant load the loader or having some troubles
they should try to use .ELF
since .ELF is a lot more accurate in processing code

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RE: rev493

Awesome. I was wondering if it would be appropriate to use the offline installer linked here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=157...p;#entry2004652
to install cios222 for use with usbloaderGX.

My confusion rests with "mload" - I have no idea what that is or what it means or what it's useful for...

Anyone care to enlighten me?

p.s. I love the speed and quality of the releases of this loader.

sm32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gx keeps telling me that it can't find a WBFS partition on my hard drive (tested r489 and r493) but an old channel version of it that I have still finds my hard drive and games OK (Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB). ideas? I have 13b and hermes' cioses installed.

Empyr69er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else getting a black screen with random colored pixels right after using the forwarder before the loader loads. it looks a bit glitchy to me. I am on rev493, cIOS 12, 4.0 FW

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empyr69er said:
Is anyone else getting a black screen with random colored pixels right after using the forwarder before the loader loads. it looks a bit glitchy to me. I am on rev493, cIOS 12, 4.0 FW

No, it looks beautiful. The refined graphics are one of the reasons I like it so much. I used to get that ALL the time though on USBLoader v1.5.

When I globally switch to cIOS 222 the loader no longer sees my drive. I had to delete the config files to get it to work again. I am running r493, cIOS 13, 4.u waninkoko and hermes cIOS 222 1.6 was installed when I was running uLoader. Certainly not a big deal I just won't use 222.

There seems to be a limit of about 320 covers that will show when you click on that far right button that fans the covers across the screen. It stops somewhere in the "P"s The button to the left of that looks like it tries to put up all 500 covers at once
smile.gif

Any plans to have this app read multiple WBFS partitions? Purty please?
biggrin.gif

Jeeze it sounds like I'm bitching alot I'm really not lol - USB Loader GX is wonderful! Thanks to everyone who worked on it!

tikka250

Trophies
XP
Country
Golfje said:
tikka250 said:
Ok, im really ripping hairs out now... All this info is too much to bear..... I've googled and searched and everything.... I've got Homebrew and all that, haven't played with the "ios" or "cios" stuff yet. I launch the loader and its telling me i need Cios249...

This is the part i dont understand, i have wii V3.3E, havent toyed with any ios or cios as i said, what do i do to change to cios249? I have downloaded Cios36 rev 7 installer from waninkoko, what now? Just slap it onto the sd card and go? Or surely its more involved than that??

Just put the Cios36 rev installer on your sd-card in the folder called apps (make that folder your self) sd:/apps and run it with the homebrew channel.

If you want to use any usbloader then you must install Cios36 rev9 or rev10.... Older versions will not work with any usbloader

So i have downloaded Custom IOS Installer (v36 rev 10), i have homebrew already installed, i popped the cIOS36_rev10-Installer.dol in the apps folder on my sd card.... I am going to try the network installation procedure.........

So am i right in just turn on wii, go to homebrew browser, go to this Cios installer and run it choosing network installation?? Then once this is done the usb loader that asked for cios249 will now work?

oh, and also noob question, but will i still be able to play normal wii games that i already have on disc?

The reasons for the million questions is that my wife IS THE DEVIL, and she has told me quite straight up.... DONT MESS WITH THE WII!!!! But im a bloke and cant help myself! lol, but it i stuff it up, i want to be able to show her i have done everything as i've been told.... This way she may only beat me 10 times with a baseball bat!

Thanks so much for your help too guys, i really appreciate it!

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hermies 222 doent seem to work for me

Installed it with all default settings

Rebooted wii
Ran Forwarder
Changed to 222
Rebooted Wii
Ran Forwarder

No Usb Drive found
chose cios222
drive found
ran game black screen no game
dsi after about a min

Machine Details

4.0e
Patched 60
all IOS Downgraded
Latest UsbLoader GX
160gig WD Passport

runs fine with cios 249 rev 12

Shonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empyr69er said:

yes i am also

toto-home

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sm32 said:
gx keeps telling me that it can't find a WBFS partition on my hard drive (tested r489 and r493) but an old channel version of it that I have still finds my hard drive and games OK (Seagate FreeAgent Go 500GB). ideas? I have 13b and hermes' cioses installed.

You probably have the hd plugged in the wron usb-port. Just try using the other (port 1)

frankomio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CODEDUMPS, since the FAT32-Feature is in (i think),

i get CODEDUMPS directly at startup of the loader :-(
only the theme is flashing up and then the dsi-Codedump appears
in rev469 for example, all was fine

maybe i have to clear the config-files ?

my wii: 3.2E PAL, cios rev10,
USB-HSS 200GB WBFS + 50GB FAT as 2nd Partition

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel:
    im gonna puke
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Laughing face + 2
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Laughing face + 2